Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbert_18)
    me and my mates were having a discussion about how england football team are quite poor considering the talent and i came up with the theory that it's because english is a second language for virtually every country that maybe they can hear/understand our tactics and what the manager/players are shouting at each other etc.
    Is this theory completly ridiculous or have i stumbled across a footballing secret?

sorry, completely ridiculous. Scotland are English speaking, and we didnt lose to croatia tonight.

And another 50-odd countries speak english.

EDIT: and we didnt lose to France...at home...or away.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Its all to do with the players............... and for England they are crap when they play together.

ReputationRep:
    Downing truly is an embarassing article.

I only want England to win so people will get off Arsene's back. He hasn't done anything wrong ffs. And why did Evra not play tonight? Bit odd, that was...

ReputationRep:
    this is literally the worst theory in the history of mankind

ReputationRep:
    we'll see him in May.
    yes, waiting on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Downing truly is an embarassing article.

I only want England to win so people will get off Arsene's back. He hasn't done anything wrong ffs. And why did Evra not play tonight? Bit odd, that was...
    I think Abidal has always been France's first choice left back. He was at the World Cup two years ago and still is now.

ReputationRep:
    Rather see SWP on the right wing, personally.

ReputationRep:
    me and my mates were having a discussion about how england football team are quite poor considering the talent and i came up with the theory that it's because english is a second language for virtually every country that maybe they can hear/understand our tactics and what the manager/players are shouting at each other etc.
    Is this theory completly ridiculous or have i stumbled across a footballing secret?
    French is the second most spoken language in the world and yet they get to a world cup final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    this is literally the worst theory in the history of mankind
    Harsh but fair I think

ReputationRep:
    It makes me laugh at people that say "We played ****" and all that other rubbish. Up until the penalty decision, not one person I spoke to/read about on this forum would agree that France were the better team. We had more of the posession and were looking quite good. After the decision, things evened out a bit and France kind of came out on top.

The fact we lost doesn't mean anything, imo. Capello is still trying to see the players in actual game scenarios, don't expect 5 straight wins from kick off, it just won't happen.

One thing I will say is: If we beat France tonight, it would have been the biggest boost for us all. But unfortunately it never heppened, why? Because they got a bit of luck and were rewarded a penalty and on top of that, they have Frank Ribery. Who's been setting the world alight since the WC 06. Also, note as well we played avery slow paced game and our right side was shocking at times. We need pace there with SWP or consistency by Bentley and his crosses (Sorry Becks).

ReputationRep:
    or david bentley

ReputationRep:
    That why Korea done so well in 2002?

ReputationRep:
    Yep England aren't creative enough, they are too use to playing terrible long ball football.
    We have the talent to be creative with players like Rooney, Gerrard and Joe Cole but we don't use them how they should be used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2nd2god)
    Yep England aren't creative enough they are too use to playing terrible long ball football.
    We have the talent to be creative with players like Rooney, Gerrard and Joe Cole but we don't use them how they should be used.
    It's the fact we don't have an out-and-out striker. Michael Owen was pure class, but he's losing a bit of pace and keeps messing it all up with injuries. We got Rooney, but he can't convert a 1 on 1 to save his life. Walcott has tonnes of potential, but other than that...

ReputationRep:
    Yup. If he wants to play Becks, only option is to play him down the centre. Quite frankly, the right wing is for fast players, Beck just ain't got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    It's the fact we don't have an out-and-out striker. Michael Owen was pure class, but he's losing a bit of pace and keeps messing it all up with injuries. We got Rooney, but he can't convert a 1 on 1 to save his life. Walcott has tonnes of potential, but other than that...
    The reason we didn't qualify for Europe is because players got it into their head that because Crouch is so tall that long ball football is the only answer.
    They didn't seem to realise Crouch isn't the best headerer in the world and he certianly can't hold the ball up like Drogba. We were just basically giving the ball away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2nd2god)
    The reason we didn't qualify for Europe is because players got it into their head that because Crouch is so tall that long ball football is the only answer.
    They didn't seem to realise Crouch isn't the best headerer in the world and he certianly can't hold the ball up like Drogba. We were just basically giving the ball away.
    So what's the answer? Tell Crouch to gain a few stone of muscle and teach him the 'Drogba spin'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    So what's the answer? Tell Crouch to gain a few stone of muscle and teach him the 'Drogba spin'?
    Lol no drop crouch compeletley play with rooney up front with gerrard, cole, bentley and lampard all as attacking midfielders, then you can put Hargreaves covering the back.
    And we pass and run the ball instead of just pointlessly lobbing it up field for one man (crouch) to chase.
    We need some pace and attacking flair in our game. and its missing at the moment.
    I think that would work basically the 4-1-4-1 formation. England sit too deep most of the time so this would correct that as well.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Defenders?

ReputationRep:
    Terry, Ferdinand, A.Cole as he can break and probably Micah Richards as right back. I'm sure he can learn the position and he isn't scared to break forward either.
    Not sure about goal but probably David James.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.