Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    It could be, will they be able to hold on to their players though? :beard:
    I really do think so, they'd love a crack at the CL and retaining their title next year. Dortmund aren't a small team (filling a 80,000 stadium week in) Most of the players are local and have grown up with each other. (Not many German players leave the German league either) The club won't have debt to worry about (Good old German ways).

Prepare for the polar opposite to occur :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I really do think so, they'd love a crack at the CL and retaining their title next year. Dortmund aren't a small team (filling a 80,000 stadium week in) Most of the players are local and have grown up with each other. (Not many German players leave the German league either) The club won't have debt to worry about (Good old German ways).

Prepare for the polar opposite to occur :sad:
    I knew they had an impressive stadium but didn't know the capacity was that big! I think the majority of their players will stay for the CL but you never know in the modern age, there are always one or two who can't resist temptation.

ReputationRep:
    AC Milan v Napoli has just started if anyone is interested. :cyber:

I've rejected a night out with the missus just for this. It better be good. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel13js)
    So was I! Like you said Benfica replied excellently after Maritimo's goal and thank god for Coentrao
    You're from Portugal? Oh how I envy you.. I wish I could go watch Benfica, I'd go every home game..
    :'(

ReputationRep:
    Inter will keep a close eye on tonights match.

I've rejected a night out with the missus just for this. It better be good. :bigsmile:
    You know you can always invite the missus for this. Her half time analysis would have been much more interesting. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    You know you can always invite the missus for this. Her half time analysis would have been much more interesting. :bigsmile:
    :rofl2: She talks too much nonsense during matches. :blah: :no:

ReputationRep:

Think it'll be worth it?

:rofl2: She talks too much nonsense during matches. :blah: :no:
    "what is offside?"

Change of emotions occurs in the following order:

:awesome:----------->:bigsmile:----------->:indiff:----------->:facepalm2:

GTFO *****!

ReputationRep:
    Someone needs to have a word with Hamsik about his hair, it's embarrassing. Cavani on the other hand, what beautiful cheekbones :blush:

Neither side are holding onto the ball very well really, Ibra looks like he's trying a bit too hard and it's a definite shame for Napoli that Lavezzi is out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Think it'll be worth it?
    Of course, especially with Arabic commentary. :coma:

(Original post by S-man10)
    "what is offside?"

Change of emotions occurs in the following order:

:awesome:----------->:bigsmile:----------->:indiff:----------->:facepalm2:

GTFO *****!
    That's pretty much it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Someone needs to have a word with Hamsik about his hair, it's embarrassing. Cavani on the other hand :blush:

Neither side are holding onto the ball very well really, Ibra looks like he's trying a bit too hard and it's a definite shame for Napoli that Lavezzi is out.
    Is Lavezzi injured? Noticed he hasn't played in their last few matches. He's as important to them as Cavani.

ReputationRep:
    Is Lavezzi injured? Noticed he hasn't played in their last few matches. He's as important to them as Cavani.
    3 (?) game ban for spitting. Can't remember who against though. That was why he played against Villareal midweek while Cavani was rested. Milan definetely having the best of it at the moment, Napoli need to take a breath.

My gf watched the carling cup with me yesterday before we went out. Didn't understand why I was so annoyed at the end of the game, she just found it funny, no sympathy ffs :facepalm2:

edit: Pato getting a bit chippy.. caught Cannavaro a little nastily at the end of the half, he used to be such a nice boy. Fabio definetely got all the good looks in that family to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    3 (?) game ban for spitting. Can't remember who against though. That was why he played against Villareal midweek while Cavani was rested. Milan definetely having the best of it at the moment, Napoli need to take a breath.

My gf watched the carling cup with me yesterday before we went out. Didn't understand why I was so annoyed at the end of the game, she just found it funny, no sympathy ffs :facepalm2:

edit: Pato getting a bit chippy.. caught Cannavaro a little nastily at the end of the half, he used to be such a nice boy. Fabio definetely got all the good looks in that family to be sure.
    I know, you get people saying well at least you got to the final...
    and its like eerrrmm..no just no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    I know, you get people saying well at least you got to the final...
    and its like eerrrmm..no just no
    She couldn't understand how between 2 professional footballers one had air kicked it and the other had failed to catch it. I was at a loss to explain it really. She does know a little about football, the offside rule ('Bowyer's not offside'), the importance of the Carling Cup ('it doesn't matter, you said the carling cup was ****') and the relative ability of Birmingham ('aren't Arsenal way better than birmingham?'). She's lucky she's pretty..

This American stream is really bugging me, keeping pronouncing it Milon.. and why are all the pundits on American tv footballers I've never heard of from Ireland/Scotland/Hull? Literally get Jamie Redknapp out there.

edit: Vincenzo Montella is caretaker manager at Roma having lost Ranieri. Actual wtf..?

ReputationRep:
    IBRA
    Now gwarn stoke

ReputationRep:
    I was on the phone, missed the goal. :facepalm2:

She couldn't understand how between 2 professional footballers one had air kicked it and the other had failed to catch it. I was at a loss to explain it really. She does know a little about football, the offside rule ('Bowyer's not offside'), the importance of the Carling Cup ('it doesn't matter, you said the carling cup was ****') and the relative ability of Birmingham ('aren't Arsenal way better than birmingham?'). She's lucky she's pretty..

This American stream is really bugging me, keeping pronouncing it Milon.. and why are all the pundits on American tv footballers I've never heard of from Ireland/Scotland/Hull? Literally get Jamie Redknapp out there.

edit: Vincenzo Montella is caretaker manager at Roma having lost Ranieri. Actual wtf..?
    Switch to the Arabic stream, such good commentary. The commentator was so excited about one of the moves that he busted out the names of all the Milan legends "halua Donadoni, Ancelotti, Van Basten, Baresi..." :jester:

Montella couldn't prevent Roma's crumbles this season. :facepalm2: I think the key is Pizarro, they've really missed him this season.

ReputationRep:
    I was on the phone, missed the goal. :facepalm2:
    Moment of madness for Cannavaro, what was he playing at...

Switch to the Arabic stream, such good commentary. The commentator was so excited about one of the moves that he busted out the names of all the Milan legends "halua Donadoni, Ancelotti, Van Basten, Baresi..." :jester:

Montella couldn't prevent Roma's crumbles this season. :facepalm2: I think the key is Pizarro, they've really missed him this season.
    Nah, I doubt he could. I had to check it was that Montella, I thought it had to be a different, more qualified, more experienced Montella. Rather than the recently retired forward. Surprised they didn't just give Totti the job.

ReputationRep:
    Totti basically has the job tbh :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Jesus christ. Oh my ****ing god!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.