Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Time to add in all these entries and then we shall get an idea of current standings. :work:
stefany-a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
2 days in Paris, Rushmore, roman holiday, the royal tenenbaums, the dreamer, Ghost world, Elizabethrown, whats eating Gilbert grape , finding never land, factory girl, blow up, lost intranslation, the vrigin suicides, marie antoinette, breakfast at tiffany’s, coco before chanel, inception, girl interrupted, 500 days of summer, an education, Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, 1970, Donnie darko, inglorious *******s, phoebe in wonderland, uptown girl, atonement, the duchess jungle book, driving lesson, jeux d’enfants, single man and pierrot le fou, In bruges, angus thongs and perfect snogging and clueless

my all time favs !
Ape Gone Insane
Just updated the list and mass quoted what feels like 200 people to join our society. :pierre:

Bead of sweat running down forehead :shifty:
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by frankfranklinin)
Re:the imdb list, it is quite skewered towards Hollywood owing no small part to the fact that a film will need something like 10,000 votes to go into the top 250; irrespective of rating.
So films such as The Red Shoes can have a rating of 8.2 and not make the list in comparison with Rain Man (7.9) which comes in at 245.

They Shoot Pictures, Don't They is in my opinion a far superior guide for anyone looking to discover some wonderful wonderful films.
Thanks for the link!

(Original post by S-man10)
Many people in the IMDB thread are not members. Mass quote them for an invite. :teeth:

Or alternatively, include the society join link in the OP.

Just finished mass quoting people. :pierre:

(Original post by FinalFlash)

Also Battle Royale anyone? :awesome:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

I've heard good things about Battle Royale but I can't remember if it the graphic novel (?) or the movie. Sequel is meant to be awful.

(Original post by stefany-a)
2 days in Paris, Rushmore, roman holiday, the royal tenenbaums, the dreamer, Ghost world, Elizabethrown, whats eating Gilbert grape , finding never land, factory girl, blow up, lost intranslation, the vrigin suicides, marie antoinette, breakfast at tiffany’s, coco before chanel, inception, girl interrupted, 500 days of summer, an education, Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, 1970, Donnie darko, inglorious *******s, phoebe in wonderland, uptown girl, atonement, the duchess jungle book, driving lesson, jeux d’enfants, single man and pierrot le fou, In bruges, angus thongs and perfect snogging and clueless

my all time favs !
Lots of Romantics there :p: (I emboldened the ones I have watched :getmecoat:). I need to watch An Education & 500 Days of Summer. I'm just about to start to watch In Bruges (got caught up yesterday so was unable to do so).
aja89
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Battle Royale is amazing. The sequel, not so much.
stefany-a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Thanks for the link!

Lots of Romantics there :p: (I emboldened the ones I have watched :getmecoat:). I need to watch An Education & 500 Days of Summer. I'm just about to start to watch In Bruges (got caught up yesterday so was unable to do so).
In Bruges is so funny, enjoy it. xxx
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not even in the top 3/4....how depressing
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
I am bottom. :pierre:
aja89
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was quite shocked by my relatively high number. I tend to watch awful films such as Grease 2.
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Emmanuel321)
X
The following errors arose while processing your join requests:

Emmanuel321: User has too many society memberships

Alas...:sad:
unknownking321
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've seen 250/250. :borat:
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
The film society does not tolerate any trolling. :pierre:
Ape Gone Insane
Anybody who trolls/cheats will be exposed to this:

Christien
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
5th. ******* Europa League standard, as usual.
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Christien)
5th. ******* Europa League standard, as usual.
6th :teehee: (it's just that one guy who should be 2nd hasn't got back with the link )

:getmecoat:
Christien
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
6th :teehee: (it's just that one guy who should be 2nd hasn't got back with the link )

:getmecoat:

Goddammit. You haven't seen the last of me. I will watch everything on that list, you hear me? EVERYTHING.
S-man10
Report 8 years ago
Not if I get there first. :pierre:
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Christien)
Goddammit. You haven't seen the last of me. I will watch everything on that list, you hear me? EVERYTHING.
(Original post by S-man10)
Not if I get there first. :pierre:
You guys are such jokers. :rofl:

Won't happen. I'll be careful not to step on your head on the way up the ladder. :pierre: S-Man is so far below, I can't see him. :moon:
Christien
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Won't happen.

I have no job, no girlfriend, and a uni schedule that allows me 4/7 days of the week off. If you think I can't watch 112 films in a relatively short period of time you've got another thing coming, because I am exactly the sort of person who's pathetic enough to do this. :talkhand:
S-man10
Report 8 years ago

Won't happen. I'll be careful not to step on your head on the way up the ladder. :pierre:
that statement assumes you will get near me. considering that this is a race, you can only step on my head when you catch me. :pierre:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed