Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Moffat does have an ability to pick the things that scare children and make amazing episodes out of them.
HereBeDragons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
That's almost what happened at the end of Torchwood where Jack had to kill his niece (?) or grand-daughter to save the world.
But Torchwood is aimed at a much older audience than Doctor Who, so I'm not sure that storyline would be seen as suitable...

(and it was his grandson that Jack killed)
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One bit I didn't get about the Doctor's wife episode.

The Doctor isn't at all concerned about the fact that the TARDIS has, essentially, been forced to possess an innocent woman, he doesn't make any attempt to get her back, it doesn't even cross his mind, he's all just, "hello sexy tardis".
birduk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HereBeDragons)
But Torchwood is aimed at a much older audience than Doctor Who, so I'm not sure that storyline would be seen as suitable...

(and it was his grandson that Jack killed)
Wasn't it his brother?
birduk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imperial maniac)

The Doctor isn't at all concerned about the fact that the TARDIS has, essentially, been forced to possess an innocent woman, he doesn't make any attempt to get her back, it doesn't even cross his mind, he's all just, "hello sexy tardis".
Good point! The Doctor is normally all about saving the innocent people (unless they are disposeable) so why not Idris?
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by birduk)
Wasn't it his brother?
Nope, in the Children of earth 5 parter it was his grandson.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wasn't it his brother?
That was the end of series 2. They're talking about the end of Children of Earth.
birduk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wasn't it his brother?
Nope, you're right- his grandson in season 3. Dam battery dying on computer- I need to read recaps!
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

At the start of the episode, like the first 30 seconds Idris' soul was drained from her body by House. The TARDIS' consciousness moved into an empty shell of a body, not possessed an innocent person.
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mckinnon94)
At the start of the episode, like the first 30 seconds Idris' soul was drained from her body by House. The TARDIS' consciousness moved into an empty shell of a body, not possessed an innocent person.
the doctor didn't know that though he didn't even question what happened to the woman whos body it was..
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Weren't we all...?
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
the doctor didn't know that though he didn't even question what happened to the woman whos body it was..
Series 2 Episode 1, New Earth. Doctor could tell Cassandra AND Rose were in the same body. What's to say he couldn't tell there was only one soul in this body?
Yinx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
OMG i totally Forgot bout her yh, they left some things unexplained
Yinx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did anyone think they'd end uplikin MAtt Smith as the Doctor??

I did not like him at first but now "LOVING HIM" as much as DAVID and better than CHRISTOPHER
Guitara
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yinx)

I did not like him at first but now "LOVING HIM" as much as DAVID and better than CHRISTOPHER
I'm stupidly biased because I go to UEA so naturally I will support all my alums. I wasn't really able to watch it when I lived at home because my mum wasn't the biggest fan, so I watched a few episodes here and there on iPlayer in the DT era, and liked it but never really followed the story line. Then with the MS regeneration I figured it would be a good place to start to follow it through, and I'm glad I did.
ellie-wellie
Report 7 years ago
OMG theory about the cliff hanger at the end of ep 7!

Spoiler:
Show
Rory dies :awesome:
Zottula
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yinx)

I just fancy the pants off him to be honest.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
The official synopsis for episode 7, A Good Man Goes to War. All aboard the hype train...

The only new part of that really is "But as he and Rory race across galaxies, calling in long-held debts and solemnly given promises, his enemies are laying a carefully concealed trap."
Ha ha just saw this on the blog
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The official synopsis for episode 7, A Good Man Goes to War. All aboard the hype train...

The only new part of that really is "But as he and Rory race across galaxies, calling in long-held debts and solemnly given promises, his enemies are laying a carefully concealed trap."
:dice:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Both of them are roughly 1000 years old, I bet that's a lot of favours.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.37%
No - but I will (17)
5.4%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.89%

Watched Threads