Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 260498)
    Although I'm currently in AS, I was wondering if anyone knew if I'd be able to get into LSE with the following grades:
    At GCSE I didn't do very well and I got 2 As in Maths and Further Maths, 5 Bs and 6 Cs. I know that this is way below the average for LSE but I was hoping my AS predicted grades would make up for it. In AS I am predicted 4 As in the following subjects; Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Computing. Next year I hope to get A*A*AA as I plan on keeping all 4 subjects. I was wondering that if I had an AMAZING personal statement is there any chance of me getting into LSE?
    Definitely. But then amazing can be subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alapalooza)
    Has anyone else got an offer for Law and is planning on firming?
    got an offer last December and Im probably gonna firm LSE after being rejected by Oxford haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flamehaze)
    Definitely. But then amazing can be subjective.
    Thank you! Id like to hope if I have done enough through this year and contain the writing skills that will boost my PS to a level where I can compete along-side others that did manage to get the high GCSE grades LSE is known to ask for.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Id like to hope if I have done enough through this year and contain the writing skills that will boost my PS to a level where I can compete along-side others that did manage to get the high GCSE grades LSE is known to ask for.
    IMHO, LSE places more emphasis on your PS then your grades since it's their only way to access you.

ReputationRep:
    IMHO, LSE places more emphasis on your PS then your grades since it's their only way to access you.
    You've officially restored my faith in applying to LSE! Is there anything you would recommend that is a MUST for my PS for me to stand out?

ReputationRep:
    You've officially restored my faith in applying to LSE! Is there anything you would recommend that is a MUST for my PS for me to stand out?
    No idea, you'd have to figure that our yourself. =)

ReputationRep:
    guys don't worry about friday being a rejection day...I got an offer on a friday in early december, it depends more on when you're 8/4 weeks ends as my 8 weeks happened to end on a friday. So everyone chill, and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alapalooza)
    Has anyone else got an offer for Law and is planning on firming?
    wow you got a law offer? What were your stats? Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Hahahaha I swear it is just the 2 of us patrolling this thread for Accounting and Finance, hopefully a sign of the course being under-subscribed!?! - i guess we will hear something tomorrow if we don't hear anything today. Fingers Crossed for good news
    Ya forget me too mate. All quiet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenith154)
    Ya forget me too mate. All quiet
    Me too *sighs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international applicant for Law, and I submitted my UCAS in nov. Im freaking out. If they've kept me waiting, there must be something wrong right? Plus I had a looong wait.

ReputationRep:
    UCL vs LSE Law.. Any opinions haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know one person has an offer for Politics and Philosophy? But anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashklins)
    Nope! It's torture! What are your stats, if you don't mind me askingg?!
    AS: AAAA + epq A
    A2: A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air999)
    I'm an international applicant for Law, and I submitted my UCAS in nov. Im freaking out. If they've kept me waiting, there must be something wrong right? Plus I had a looong wait.
    Don't worry! I'm international too and I submitted my UCAS in october and got an offer a week ago! So not getting anything isn't necessarily bad news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air999)
    I'm an international applicant for Law too, submitted in Oct. and still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Time to start the comments flowing in guys. Let the rage flow.

P.S Any A&F offers since Christmas? They sure are taking their sweet time.

ReputationRep:
    Time to start the comments flowing in guys. Let the rage flow.

P.S Any A&F offers since Christmas? They sure are taking their sweet time.
    How many weeks have u been waiting for? I hope i dont get a rejection today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normandi)
    How many weeks have u been waiting for? I hope i dont get a rejection today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Today's the end of 8 weeks for me.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for economics!!!!!"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.