Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by will2348)
    Don't see why you can't have a line about it on your CV or mention it and say something you learnt on your CL. I think what you'll find though is those conferences tend to be a bit repetitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think I should wait until the events have past to put it on my CV? I've just looked at the schedule and they both seem to be fairly different and talking about different aspects, so I'm hoping that they will both be a good insight, plus good opportunities to network with the speakers too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    What's everyone's opinions on conferences held at different universities? I've currently been granted a place at UCL and now York for their finance conferences and will no doubt gain a place at my own university too. Is there any way I could use these to show my interest in Finance? Or at least back up my other evidence for an interest in the finance industry?
    I think it shows a lot of interest, when i went to the LSE Investment Banking Conference the speakers pointed out that attending these sorts of events are quite impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I should wait until the events have past to put it on my CV? I've just looked at the schedule and they both seem to be fairly different and talking about different aspects, so I'm hoping that they will both be a good insight, plus good opportunities to network with the speakers too.
    Nah, just throw it on now and say when it is and that you have a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, again im stuck on some logical questions. Hopefully this helps others as well? Don't really know who else to ask, think the second one is A? 4

The first one is baffling tho?
    Attached Images

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by siddyt1234)
    hi guys, again im stuck on some logical questions. Hopefully this helps others as well? Don't really know who else to ask, think the second one is A? 4

The first one is baffling tho?
    I want to say the first is C

ReputationRep:
    DB Markets offer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by siddyt1234)
    I think it shows a lot of interest, when i went to the LSE Investment Banking Conference the speakers pointed out that attending these sorts of events are quite impressive.
    I wish I applied soon enough for the LSE one, i won't miss out on the one next year though.
    (Original post by will2348)
    Nah, just throw it on now and say when it is and that you have a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So should I do the same with the things I'm doing this summer?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    DB Markets offer
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!
    Thanks man! I applied for IBD but it was full so they put me in markets
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Still that's pretty impressive seeing as they only take around 7 people! Will you be trying to convert it or not as I'm guessing you wanted to go into the IBD division

ReputationRep:

Congrats, you legend.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, I'd almost definitely say take it and just get to know hr very well (they hold a lot of sway with DB recruitment) and express and interest in being out on a desk like ECM (which is closer to IBD). Sending an email early on asking for that won't hurt at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DB Markets offer
    Wow, I thought they'd filled both markets and IBD. Congrats man!

ReputationRep:
    DB Markets offer
    Thats proper bro congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Congrats, you legend.
    Thanks bro just got a call aswell from CS, an offer from them too, so spring sorted time to actually do some uni work. Good luck with your other apps too!

ReputationRep:
    Still that's pretty impressive seeing as they only take around 7 people! Will you be trying to convert it or not as I'm guessing you wanted to go into the IBD division
    I will try to convert then go from there who knows I might like it
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Thanks bro just got a call aswell from CS, an offer from them too, so spring sorted time to actually do some uni work. Good luck with your other apps too!
    Very impressive! Have you checked that they don't overlap? Congrats again man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    Congrats, I'd almost definitely say take it and just get to know hr very well (they hold a lot of sway with DB recruitment) and express and interest in being out on a desk like ECM (which is closer to IBD). Sending an email early on asking for that won't hurt at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, that's probably what I'm going to try and do

ReputationRep:
    Very impressive! Have you checked that they don't overlap? Congrats again man!
    Thanks haha yeah CS have two weeks 23rd March and 13th April

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that's probably what I'm going to try and do
    Yeah, when you accept the offer just ask then
    There are also various networking events, just target IBD people and IBD HR, there

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.