The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
The uni advertorials are just too much, Bradford and video game design? ****ing really? This site has gone downhill, Bradford is a right dump!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
The uni advertorials are just too much, Bradford and video game design? ****ing really? This site has gone downhill, Bradford is a right dump!
Haha! lol - it was DeMontford for ages before that wasn't it?
miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But it has state of the art kit, a vibrant city and the Yorkshire countryside to offer.
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
But it has state of the art kit, a vibrant city and the Yorkshire countryside to offer.
Vibrant might be a bit misleading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
Vibrant might be a bit misleading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never been, although Google Images doesn't make it look that bad to be fair.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Haha! lol - it was DeMontford for ages before that wasn't it?
Yhup! I get that TSR needs to make money but they read back dreadfully and sound like someone is on crack.
(Original post by miser)
Yeah... No.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yhup! I get that TSR needs to make money but they read back dreadfully and sound like someone is on crack.

Yeah... No.
Hahaha yep!!!

(Original post by miser)
Google images makes my ****ty house look good...
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And it is finally done.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
And it is finally done.
What is!?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
What is!?
The thing
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Yes it does look nice on google maps... and indeed it isn't a bad place. It is typically Yorkshire. The outskirts are positively pleasant - Yeadon, Horsforth, Carlverley... those sorts of areas.

Bradford does provide access to beautiful countryside and places like York. But I wouldn't say it is vibrant. Leeds would be the nearest vibrant place.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The center is okay (run down but not awful) as are the outskirts but the bit where people tend to live is awful, deprived and barely English.. just a tonne of big estates along side each other.
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
The center is okay (run down but not awful) as are the outskirts but the bit where people tend to live is awful, deprived and barely English.. just a tonne of big estates along side each other.
I figured you wouldn't be a fan!

Very large Muslim community and you hate Muslims!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
I figured you wouldn't be a fan!

Very large Muslim community and you hate Muslims!
I don't hate them. I just think the Muslims in Bradford at least are possibly the worst example of Muslims in Britain. They congregate, they don't take pride in their communities and having a sister that lives in one of their neigbourhoods i'm well aware of talk about stabbings, theft, grooming teenage girls. There are plenty of racist threats (i've walked through before).

Perhaps this is limited to poverty Muslims but i know very few people who would herald the Muslim community in Bradford as an example to follow in terms of integration.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I don't hate them. I just think the Muslims in Bradford at least are possibly the worst example of Muslims in Britain. They congregate, they don't take pride in their communities and having a sister that lives in one of their neigbourhoods i'm well aware of talk about stabbings, theft, grooming teenage girls. There are plenty of racist threats (i've walked through before).

Perhaps this is limited to poverty Muslims but i know very few people who would herald the Muslim community in Bradford as an example to follow in terms of integration.
I somehow think it is largely related to poverty since most communities like it aren't dissimilar as far as I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Someone keeps nicking my milk. :mad: And it isn't Maggie, unless she's turned into a zombie.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Someone keeps nicking my milk. :mad: And it isn't Maggie, unless she's turned into a zombie.
Your cat died
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Your cat died
Eh?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Eh?
Maggie, your cat?
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Maggie, your cat?
Ah no, I was referring to Maggie Thatcher, who was also called the milk snatcher.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads