Yea I think it will finish:

Man City
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Agree with that.

No way is Alex Manninger their keeper, I remember him playing for Arsenal around the time half the posters here were born ffs. Thought he retired years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Agree with that.

No way is Alex Manninger their keeper, I remember him playing for Arsenal around the time half the posters here were born ffs. Thought he retired years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bloke had the most 90s haircut of any PL footballer during that era.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Still think Leicester will drop off when they get a few injuries and their lack of depth gets exposed, like Southampton last year. No idea who'll do it out of Spurs, Liverpool and United as we're all ****e and keep dropping points to bottom half fodder

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Leicester are 3/1 with the bookies now. Win tonight and they'll probably be 5/2, which is around a 30% chance at top four. I think they've got a serious chance now.

I think if Leicester keep it up, then United are in the most relative trouble compared to right now; Liverpool and Spurs both seem more likely than United to go on a proper run of form and get a proper points tally. United seem likely to meander along and scrape into the top four, but they won't be able to do that if Leicester keep it up, and Liverpool/Spurs go on a mad 1.

ReputationRep:
    Just listening to Klopp's post-match conference.

I've got all the time in the world for this guy. So well spoken and you can tell how passionate he is. Also takes no nonsense from some of the journalists with their stupid questions.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Benteke's main problem is his finishing, rather than anything to do with the set up. And I'm not comparing him to Mario, because Mario's always been a ****e finisher whilst Benteke has at least been good before, but that was Mario's problem last season too in a system that wasn't identical, but comparable.
    Work ethic is an issue for him, too.

We saw that Origi's enterprise and enthusiasm could help the team yesterday. Indeed, I think there's definitely an argument that strikers create their own luck, and Origi did that with the deflection by picking himself up, dusting himself off and going for the jugular.

Benteke had the least touches and the lowest passing accuracy of any of the starting eleven.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore that.. didn't realise Lacazette signed a new contract in August 2015.

So do we try and adapt Benteke or accept he might not fit Klopp's preferred style and sell?

Rodgers did the same to Carroll despite being an expensive player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Still think Leicester will drop off when they get a few injuries and their lack of depth gets exposed, like Southampton last year. No idea who'll do it out of Spurs, Liverpool and United as we're all ****e and keep dropping points to bottom half fodder

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Leicester are well ahead of where Southampton were last year. If they win today then they have 7/9 from fixtures that at the start of the season were very tough. With only City and Arsenal looking able to get 75+ at the moment I'll be fascinated to see if Leicester have enough in them to keep contending. They'll certainly building a cushion atm.

ReputationRep:
    We have to play Leicester on Boxing Day

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Klopp will single handedly stop Anfield from turning into a library.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Klopp will single handedly stop Anfield from turning into a library.
    its already a museum

ayyyyyyyyyyy

Spoiler:
    Show
    pls comprehend the reference

ReputationRep:
    its already a museum

ayyyyyyyyyyy

Spoiler:
    Show
    pls comprehend the reference
    Museum because the club holds so many important trophies?

ReputationRep:
    Museum because the club holds so many important trophies?
    liverpool fans and history. liverpool fans and history.

expected better comprehension skills from you zero ffs
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So do we try and adapt Benteke or accept he might not fit Klopp's preferred style and sell?
    You've got to try and implement him somehow, and I think Klopp will. That said, I think Klopp will have a ruthless streak if he deems a player to be surplus to requirements. Time will tell, but we've seen - United at Old Trafford, and the Bordeaux at home match - how Benteke can create moments of inspiration from nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on this comment lads?

(Original post by Rk2k14)
    Now I'm a realist. Saying Liverpool will challenge Chelsea is plain stupid when you consider whats been going on the last few seasons.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post60467429

ReputationRep:
    liverpool fans and history. liverpool fans and history.

expected better comprehension skills from you zero ffs
    I don't even know what you're talking about tbh.

(Original post by Mackay)
    You've got to try and implement him somehow, and I think Klopp will. That said, I think Klopp will have a ruthless streak if he deems a player to be surplus to requirements. Time will tell, but we've seen - United at Old Trafford, and the Bordeaux at home match - how Benteke can create moments of inspiration from nothing.
    I don't think he can ever be Klopp's first choice striker. Will always be the plan B imo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet on the brink of penning that contract extension, apparently.

Poor timing...

ReputationRep:

Poor timing...
    Surely we can't be that dumb?

Poor Bogdan.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Issue is if Bogdan was given an extended run, given that he's not top tier, we'd undoubtedly see traits in his game we were unhappy with and he could improve on.

ReputationRep:

Poor timing...
    Huge mistake on Klopp's part imo. Nothing else has been questioned but this will massively.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.