Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    Can anyone please write a somewhat comprehensive reply to this: Bristol vs KCL? I got rejected from the latter and now completely disappointed to the extent of considering a gap year. I have an offer from Bristol but I just don't see myself there, while I was absolutely set on KCL.
    Do you have any idea why KCL rejected you? That's normally a good indication as to whether to re apply or not

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please write a somewhat comprehensive reply to this: Bristol vs KCL? I got rejected from the latter and now completely disappointed to the extent of considering a gap year. I have an offer from Bristol but I just don't see myself there, while I was absolutely set on KCL.
    Have you been to Bristol yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers from both and despite what seems to be a controversial opinion I think I'm going to firm Bristol. Both are amazing unis with very good prospects, although one may be slightly better than the other, honestly I don't see that you will have massive advantage in going to kings. They are both top ten unis, both are highly respected, both have alumni in major law firms, and Both are heavily scouted by law firms. Kings is in London which is both a blessing and a curse. Although I adore London the accommodation costs of £160-440 a week is extortionate and even with the excess student loan I won't be able to live. Although London is obviously an amazing city, Bristol has won countless awards in the last couple of years including the best student city in 2015, and with transport links not even that far away from the capital. I completely understand why you may be gutted not to go to kings, but if you haven't visited Bristol or have only seen it once, then I all I can say is go and have a look because I really think it will surprise you, as it did me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjmyatt11)
    I've got offers from both and despite what seems to be a controversial opinion I think I'm going to firm Bristol. Both are amazing unis with very good prospects, although one may be slightly better than the other, honestly I don't see that you will have massive advantage in going to kings. They are both top ten unis, both are highly respected, both have alumni in major law firms, and Both are heavily scouted by law firms. Kings is in London which is both a blessing and a curse. Although I adore London the accommodation costs of £160-440 a week is extortionate and even with the excess student loan I won't be able to live. Although London is obviously an amazing city, Bristol has won countless awards in the last couple of years including the best student city in 2015, and with transport links not even that far away from the capital. I completely understand why you may be gutted not to go to kings, but if you haven't visited Bristol or have only seen it once, then I all I can say is go and have a look because I really think it will surprise you, as it did me
    I agree 100%. Very impressed with Bristol and the Wills law building is amazing. It's very difficult to have your heart set on a university and not get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovecathy)
    Firmed LSE today with UCL as insurance.

Had another offer from Warwick, withdrew from Edinburgh and got rejected by Oxford
    I was thinking of doing the opposite- firming UCL and insuring LSE. Isn't your UCL offer higher than your LSE offer? I do the IB and my LSE offer is one point lower

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Bristol today! Just waiting on Nottingham now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelzz)
    If I may ask, when did you apply and what was your LNAT score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumbledry)
    soas or queen mary?
    SOAS > Queen Mary's

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone even have an offer to Durham yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beewilde)
    If I may ask, when did you apply and what was your LNAT score?
    Applied on December 15th, and received 25 in the LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    Applied on December 15th, and received 25 in the LNAT.
    AS/GCSE's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovecathy)
    Nope, with A-Levels it's pretty much the same. A*AA for both (:
    hey if i may ask what was the Warwick offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjmyatt11)
    Thanks for the alternate perspective, maybe Bristol ends up great after all. Depending on whether I get Nottingham or not, I'll visit the UK during spring break as I'm international.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Have you been to Bristol yet?
    No I have not, I'm international. Barely even been to London (3 day detour)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am an international student and completed my high school in Singapore.
    Took my IB last November and got 44 (which satisfies all conditions I think)

Submitted my UCAS in September.
    Rejected by LSE (November) and Cambridge (after interview and Law test in Singapore)

Took my LNAT on 11 December and got 32.

Got offers from:
    QMUL in December
    Bristol on 17 December
    Durham on 17 February

So now it's the time for decision. Could anyone please share some advice on choosing the right school? I don't really have the chance to experience the schools myself and would love to know the atmosphere and job prospective. Since I'm an international student, I guess the school's international recognition is also my consideration.

Thanks a lot~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    Do you have any idea why KCL rejected you? That's normally a good indication as to whether to re apply or not
    Probably LNAT, I got 23. Predicted A*A*AA and have a decent PS, so that shouldn't have been the problem seeing as so many people are getting offers.

ReputationRep:
    No I have not, I'm international. Barely even been to London (3 day detour)
    We're from Ireland. Flew over to Bristol and was very impressed. At offer holders day, today at Nottingham Uni. They also have one in March and April as they still have lots of offers to give out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    Does anyone even have an offer to Durham yet?
    Nope...

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for Nottingham too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

i never understood you british college kids going 'i just got offer from XXX so just waiting on YYY'.

(Original post by fire_and_ice)
    SOAS > Queen Mary's
    is QM the one with the graveyard beside the law school?

(Original post by shiyi)
    Hi, I am an international student and completed my high school in Singapore.
    Took my IB last November and got 44 (which satisfies all conditions I think)

Submitted my UCAS in September.
    Rejected by LSE (November) and Cambridge (after interview and Law test in Singapore)

Took my LNAT on 11 December and got 32.

Got offers from:
    QMUL in December
    Bristol on 17 December
    Durham on 17 February

So now it's the time for decision. Could anyone please share some advice on choosing the right school? I don't really have the chance to experience the schools myself and would love to know the atmosphere and job prospective. Since I'm an international student, I guess the school's international recognition is also my consideration.

Thanks a lot~
    i really don't see any significant difference between your remaining 3 choices. I'll go for QMUL if i were you. Only cos QMUL sounds nice than say Bristol or Durham. im surprised you were rejected by LSE given that you scored 44 for your IB. what do you think made you not get an offer from LSE?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.