FireFreezers Thread Of Randomness!!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Ah getting your first car at 25 makes things a bit easier, but not much. It'll be a tad cheaper tbh but you're still a new driver so it'll be expensive still!

How old are you now if you dont mind me asking?

In it maybe, not on it
    I work full time so I can afford it.
    Although before I started I had a fair amount saved up so I was using that to run the car.
    Now I can save up for a new one But can't get ont until May next year when I get my 2nd NCB
    I've been passed for 2 years now So I won't be considered a new driver when I hit 25

Just inboxed you it

Oh lucky you. You must be making a lot then. Live life to the max eh

NCB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Woo! Glad to hear it! Haha, more of an induction then?
    Oooh nice day ahead of you! :yep:
    I'm alright thanks! Guessing from your post, I feel that you are well too?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sort of yeah haha, tomorrow will be my first proper day, I know no one in my classes!! I agree, subjects look really good! Glad to hear you're well, im doing good atm thanks, just got to do some psychology work I've left last minute lol XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Sort of yeah haha, tomorrow will be my first proper day, I know no one in my classes!! I agree, subjects look really good! Glad to hear you're well, im doing good atm thanks, just got to do some psychology work I've left last minute lol XD
    Ahhh OK! Hmm hopefully you can make some nice new friends
    Good!
    Glad to hear too!:yep:
    Tut tut good luck with that! It does look very interesting. How are you finding it so far?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnknownDude)
    I've been passed for 2 years now So I won't be considered a new driver when I hit 25

Just inboxed you it

Oh lucky you. You must be making a lot then. Live life to the max eh

NCB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah right I see, how come you've got no car then?
    Well if you haven't driven since you passed then you will be considered as one.

Indeed you did!

Indeed! Well for a first year it's a lot, more than I was expecting (plenty to afford an RX8 )

No Claims Bonus (the more you have, the cheaper your insurance. One reason why it's so expensive to start with, you don't have any as you haven't driven before)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Ah right I see, how come you've got no car then?
    Well if you haven't driven since you passed then you will be considered as one.

Indeed you did!

Indeed! Well for a first year it's a lot, more than I was expecting (plenty to afford an RX8 )

No Claims Bonus (the more you have, the cheaper your insurance. One reason why it's so expensive to start with, you don't have any as you haven't driven before)
    I don't really need a car tbh. Local transport is good, if I need to go far I'd ask for anleft from my family/friends. So that's not a problem. Consider myself saving lot of money

How much is your insurance for the year? Let me take a guess, around £2k?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Ommmmg, good luck this year I'll keep you in my prayers!
    I'm doing Maths Physics and History - thanks for the offer!
    I'm finding it very interesting so far but im on edge about getting **** grades and being kicked of the three courses (BECAUSE THEYRE SO PERFECT TOGTHER!!!!
    Omg you too, thanks, gonna need those thingies :erm:woah! My Friend did those AS' last year and dropped history
    :console: You'll be fine! Just work it dude, u got dis! :yep: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Omg you too, thanks, gonna need those thingies :erm:woah! My Friend did those AS' last year and dropped history
    :console: You'll be fine! Just work it dude, u got dis! :yep: :cool:
    Thanks mate!!!!! :P I GOT DI, ain't no A-level gon' defeat me.
    :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnknownDude)
    I don't really need a car tbh. Local transport is good, if I need to go far I'd ask for anleft from my family/friends. So that's not a problem. Consider myself saving lot of money

How much is your insurance for the year? Let me take a guess, around £2k?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah fair enough then!
    Again fair enough!
    Yeah you may as well! It'll help a lot!

Nope its £700 this year with 1 NCB on the Fiat!
    Was £1300 last year with a black box! (would've been 2k without it).
    The RX8 was well over 4k last year too! But is cheaper now

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate!!!!! :P I GOT DI, ain't no A-level gon' defeat me.
    :P
    dat is ze attitude 2have :yy:
    keep dis up dude
    u got it!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh OK! Hmm hopefully you can make some nice new friends
    Good!
    Glad to hear too!:yep:
    Tut tut good luck with that! It does look very interesting. How are you finding it so far?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    When the notification doesn't come through sorry haha

Today was really good! Met two people and they seem really nice, and chatted to everyone on my table in chemistry one person is in all my classes and my tutor, and we seem to be getting on well I finished all my work haha, ready to hand it in. both subjects look really good, although I've got hw for both and a test on Friday for chemistry FML XD
    BIOLOGY tomorrow, looking forward to the anatomy/medicine side of it. In all day tomorrow but with a six hour gap in the middle, will have to find something to do how are you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    When the notification doesn't come through sorry haha

Today was really good! Met two people and they seem really nice, and chatted to everyone on my table in chemistry one person is in all my classes and my tutor, and we seem to be getting on well I finished all my work haha, ready to hand it in. both subjects look really good, although I've got hw for both and a test on Friday for chemistry FML XD
    BIOLOGY tomorrow, looking forward to the anatomy/medicine side of it. In all day tomorrow but with a six hour gap in the middle, will have to find something to do how are you??
    Ahhh no worries!

Glad to hear it! That's awesome:yep: Seems like you're settling in really well! Haha good! Oh they sure do get going fast with the work don't they! oh wow, good luck!
    Ooh cool! I don't do biology but about 3/4 of my year do, and apparently the beginning is basically part of GCSE chemistry. Unlucky for the people who don't like chemistry
    I'm alright thanks! Tired, bit had a pretty good day. I have lots of homework though! Spent the evening on it and only finished 2/5 pieces What is this?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh no worries!

Glad to hear it! That's awesome:yep: Seems like you're settling in really well! Haha good! Oh they sure do get going fast with the work don't they! oh wow, good luck!
    Ooh cool! I don't do biology but about 3/4 of my year do, and apparently the beginning is basically part of GCSE chemistry. Unlucky for the people who don't like chemistry
    I'm alright thanks! Tired, bit had a pretty good day. I have lots of homework though! Spent the evening on it and only finished 2/5 pieces What is this?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thanks
    Oh right, a good recall for chemistry a level then lol. I'm so tired lol, it's this 9 am starts which means getting a really early train haha

Cant believe my physics GCSE will be remarked for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Haha thanks
    Oh right, a good recall for chemistry a level then lol. I'm so tired lol, it's this 9 am starts which means getting a really early train haha

Cant believe my physics GCSE will be remarked for free

Haha yeah :rofl: Me too! But I don't get a train

Ooh nice! Good luck with that
    Gonna sleep now so goodnight! :hugs:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Haha yeah :rofl: Me too! But I don't get a train

Ooh nice! Good luck with that
    Gonna sleep now so goodnight! :hugs:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're lucky then lol with the delays
    Thanks, fingers crossed!
    Me too, shouldn't be up this late when I'm waking up at 6 smh
    Night!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    You're lucky then lol with the delays
    Thanks, fingers crossed!
    Me too, shouldn't be up this late when I'm waking up at 6 smh
    Night!!
    Haha, they must be a nightmare!
    Indeed:yep:
    Oooh, yeah. I went to bed at about midnight - awful mistake; I'm so tired now!
    Morning!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeseisveg)
    dat is ze attitude 2have :yy:
    Keep dis up dude
    u got it!
    yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3

ReputationRep:
    yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <3
    :yep: :excited: :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, they must be a nightmare!
    Indeed:yep:
    Oooh, yeah. I went to bed at about midnight - awful mistake; I'm so tired now!
    Morning!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Morning
    Went to bed at 1, big mistake.. missed my train
    Made a new friend in the process though haha XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Morning
    Went to bed at 1, big mistake.. missed my train
    Made a new friend in the process though haha XD
    Ohh no!
    Oh well that's good

ReputationRep:
    oh my, how i love randomness!
    hopefully i'll be productive enough today and finish all the work i've set out to do
    oh and i'm tagging UWS in the hope that he's gonna crack a good joke

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.