The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I'd have thought a 2,S would probably be good enough...
    It will be, no one has been rejected with that.
    1,1 however, quite a few have.
    Moral of the story, revise earlier then May. Especially for A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    really? I thought I/II didnt go too badly for you
    STEP I went worse than usual, I am quite sure I told you that. Anyway, probably grade 1 but I just panicked for some questions and ****ed up.

As for STEP II, my grade depends a lot on how I did on the mechanics question 9. If I got more than half the marks, then it's definitely a grade 1. However, I am not sure how they mark ****, and whether or not what I've written was enough so lowest it could be is like 68-70 which is obviously a 2.

STEP III is lit fam, hoping for S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah ikr, dunno wtf I was thinking ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote a lot for question 9 STEP II (mechanics question about bullet through a block) but (as far as I looked at TSR solutions) my method may have been incorrect. How would Siklos treat that ****?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    >tfw I've been studying all year
    >if I miss offer I won't be able to give excuses like that
    >the only excuse would be that I am retarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Your fine dw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No no no, it is stress in an exam situation. You can hardly be called retarded for getting a Maths offer at your age! Just wait till Thursday before you beat yourself up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    how much u gave urself for Q9 on s2 ? and what you exactly did ?
    My grade mostly depends on how I did on Q9. If I got less than 5, probably a Grade 2. If I got more than that then Grade 1.

I did a lot of work, COM, restitution and what not, can't remember if restitution was there but I did all the laws **** and got some equations. Used Newton's Third law as well. I don't know, I had 20 minutes of work I think and I finished the question. I thought I got it all right, I was a bit sceptical since it took me such a short amount of time, but now it seems like I ****ed up the method completely.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a lot for question 9 STEP II (mechanics question about bullet through a block) but (as far as I looked at TSR solutions) my method may have been incorrect. How would Siklos treat that ****?
    **** I remember that, spent ages explaining my thoughts on it, then it occurred to me to use energy, gg was like 3 lines from solving it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I duno, if you did it same as that question we did in III a while back mechanically it should be fine.
    You get marks for stuff like
    'Correct F=ma block bullet etc M1A1 '

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I duno, if you did it same as that question we did in III a while back mechanically it should be fine.
    You get marks for stuff like
    'Correct F=ma block bullet etc M1A1 '

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, **** yes. That's the one!!!!!

We did that ****ing question like a week before and I was thinking of you while doing the exam.

Do you think mark scheme would be that lenient? Damn, I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    what will u give for part 1 and common speed in part 2 ?
    I really can't remember. I know I used Newton's Third law (for resistice force), Newton's 2nd law (F=ma), energy conservation, momentum and what not. I used a lot of **** but can't remember the question. I know for a fact I got the wrong answer at the end since TSR solutions don't look like what I had done.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, **** yes. That's the one!!!!!

We did that ****ing question like a week before and I was thinking of you while doing the exam.

Do you think mark scheme would be that lenient? Damn, I hope so.
    Yh i know.
    I seen it thought na I dnt trust myself to do it corrrect again so didnt even try it, hence why i am full retard.
    Yh thats exactly how the MS works.
    Correct resolving in parts M1 and A1's. You will get alot if it was just algebraic errors, if it was a physics error then I cnt say without seeing the whole solution. Dw we will know very soon.
    I am very sure of my marks
    90ish in II and low 80s in III. If i scrape the 1s im getting a remark cause i can't see that happening in any universe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh i know.
    I seen it thought na I dnt trust myself to do it corrrect again so didnt even try it, hence why i am full retard.
    Correct resolving in parts M1 and A1's. You will get alot if it was just algebraic errors, if it was a physics error then I cnt say without seeing the whole solution. Dw we will know very soon.
    90ish in II and low 80s in III. If i scrape the 1s im getting a remark cause i can't see that happening in any universe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have 100% got at least a 1 in STEP III, hoping for an S, but I just really don't want to get a 2 in STEP II because then even if I get accepted I would have a very low self-esteem even in Cambridge since there would be Mathmos with like S,S and DoS would probably think I am not up to it. **** that.

ReputationRep:
    Yh i know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I don't even care anymore. I am excited to find my results on Thursday, but it is too stressful for me to give any ****s. If I get rejected, so be it. I would just do IA start IB and be more ahead than others. But then I think about how much I want to be in Cambridge and idk. Oh well, good luck to both of us on Thursday. It's been a long journey, I even remember when I first read your posts back in the interview period in December (more than 9 months ago). Hope we all get to be in Cambridge this October.

ReputationRep:
    I have 100% got at least a 1 in STEP III, hoping for an S, but I just really don't want to get a 2 in STEP II because then even if I get accepted I would have a very low self-esteem even in Cambridge since there would be Mathmos with like S,S and DoS would probably think I am not up to it. **** that.
    If you would feel bad having got 2,1 or 2,S then just imagine how the person with U, 3 in STEP II and III felt. (page 2, row 64: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...TEP%20data.pdf)

ReputationRep:
    A question for Cambridge offer holders!

When did you send your UCAS form and when did you receive your first offer (from which uni?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)

When did you send your UCAS form and when did you receive your first offer (from which uni?)
    Both years i sent it on 15th and the next working day got wariwck offers both times iirc. Or a few working days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)

I sent it off the Sunday before the deadline, don't remember the date.. And I think my first offer was kings biochemistry which was my fifth option; I got that within a few weeks I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    If you would feel bad having got 2,1 or 2,S then just imagine how the person with U, 3 in STEP II and III felt. (page 2, row 64: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...TEP%20data.pdf)
    Is that trinity ?
    Quite a few 1,1 and S,1 were rejected, wow.
    Then someone sith U,3 got in.
    Wow, just wow.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.