Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I'd have thought a 2,S would probably be good enough...
    It will be, no one has been rejected with that.
    1,1 however, quite a few have.
    Moral of the story, revise earlier then May. Especially for A levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    really? I thought I/II didnt go too badly for you
    STEP I went worse than usual, I am quite sure I told you that. Anyway, probably grade 1 but I just panicked for some questions and ****ed up.

As for STEP II, my grade depends a lot on how I did on the mechanics question 9. If I got more than half the marks, then it's definitely a grade 1. However, I am not sure how they mark ****, and whether or not what I've written was enough so lowest it could be is like 68-70 which is obviously a 2.

STEP III is lit fam, hoping for S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah ikr, dunno wtf I was thinking ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wrote a lot for question 9 STEP II (mechanics question about bullet through a block) but (as far as I looked at TSR solutions) my method may have been incorrect. How would Siklos treat that ****?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    >tfw I've been studying all year
    >if I miss offer I won't be able to give excuses like that
    >the only excuse would be that I am retarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Your fine dw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No no no, it is stress in an exam situation. You can hardly be called retarded for getting a Maths offer at your age! Just wait till Thursday before you beat yourself up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    how much u gave urself for Q9 on s2 ? and what you exactly did ?
    My grade mostly depends on how I did on Q9. If I got less than 5, probably a Grade 2. If I got more than that then Grade 1.

I did a lot of work, COM, restitution and what not, can't remember if restitution was there but I did all the laws **** and got some equations. Used Newton's Third law as well. I don't know, I had 20 minutes of work I think and I finished the question. I thought I got it all right, I was a bit sceptical since it took me such a short amount of time, but now it seems like I ****ed up the method completely.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a lot for question 9 STEP II (mechanics question about bullet through a block) but (as far as I looked at TSR solutions) my method may have been incorrect. How would Siklos treat that ****?
    **** I remember that, spent ages explaining my thoughts on it, then it occurred to me to use energy, gg was like 3 lines from solving it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I duno, if you did it same as that question we did in III a while back mechanically it should be fine.
    You get marks for stuff like
    'Correct F=ma block bullet etc M1A1 '

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I duno, if you did it same as that question we did in III a while back mechanically it should be fine.
    You get marks for stuff like
    'Correct F=ma block bullet etc M1A1 '

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, **** yes. That's the one!!!!!

We did that ****ing question like a week before and I was thinking of you while doing the exam.

Do you think mark scheme would be that lenient? Damn, I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    what will u give for part 1 and common speed in part 2 ?
    I really can't remember. I know I used Newton's Third law (for resistice force), Newton's 2nd law (F=ma), energy conservation, momentum and what not. I used a lot of **** but can't remember the question. I know for a fact I got the wrong answer at the end since TSR solutions don't look like what I had done.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, **** yes. That's the one!!!!!

We did that ****ing question like a week before and I was thinking of you while doing the exam.

Do you think mark scheme would be that lenient? Damn, I hope so.
    Yh i know.
    I seen it thought na I dnt trust myself to do it corrrect again so didnt even try it, hence why i am full retard.
    Yh thats exactly how the MS works.
    Correct resolving in parts M1 and A1's. You will get alot if it was just algebraic errors, if it was a physics error then I cnt say without seeing the whole solution. Dw we will know very soon.
    I am very sure of my marks
    90ish in II and low 80s in III. If i scrape the 1s im getting a remark cause i can't see that happening in any universe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh i know.
    I seen it thought na I dnt trust myself to do it corrrect again so didnt even try it, hence why i am full retard.
    Correct resolving in parts M1 and A1's. You will get alot if it was just algebraic errors, if it was a physics error then I cnt say without seeing the whole solution. Dw we will know very soon.
    90ish in II and low 80s in III. If i scrape the 1s im getting a remark cause i can't see that happening in any universe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have 100% got at least a 1 in STEP III, hoping for an S, but I just really don't want to get a 2 in STEP II because then even if I get accepted I would have a very low self-esteem even in Cambridge since there would be Mathmos with like S,S and DoS would probably think I am not up to it. **** that.

ReputationRep:
    Yh i know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I don't even care anymore. I am excited to find my results on Thursday, but it is too stressful for me to give any ****s. If I get rejected, so be it. I would just do IA start IB and be more ahead than others. But then I think about how much I want to be in Cambridge and idk. Oh well, good luck to both of us on Thursday. It's been a long journey, I even remember when I first read your posts back in the interview period in December (more than 9 months ago). Hope we all get to be in Cambridge this October.

ReputationRep:
    I have 100% got at least a 1 in STEP III, hoping for an S, but I just really don't want to get a 2 in STEP II because then even if I get accepted I would have a very low self-esteem even in Cambridge since there would be Mathmos with like S,S and DoS would probably think I am not up to it. **** that.
    If you would feel bad having got 2,1 or 2,S then just imagine how the person with U, 3 in STEP II and III felt. (page 2, row 64: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...TEP%20data.pdf)

ReputationRep:
    A question for Cambridge offer holders!

When did you send your UCAS form and when did you receive your first offer (from which uni?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)

When did you send your UCAS form and when did you receive your first offer (from which uni?)
    Both years i sent it on 15th and the next working day got wariwck offers both times iirc. Or a few working days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)

I sent it off the Sunday before the deadline, don't remember the date.. And I think my first offer was kings biochemistry which was my fifth option; I got that within a few weeks I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    If you would feel bad having got 2,1 or 2,S then just imagine how the person with U, 3 in STEP II and III felt. (page 2, row 64: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...TEP%20data.pdf)
    Is that trinity ?
    Quite a few 1,1 and S,1 were rejected, wow.
    Then someone sith U,3 got in.
    Wow, just wow.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.