Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs, I completed the Morgan Stanley numerical but the verbal wouldn't open and the application centre is telling me to contact HR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaPearson)
    Oh ffs, I completed the Morgan Stanley numerical but the verbal wouldn't open and the application centre is telling me to contact HR.
    Mine did that, just refresh the page and click the link again - that did it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV (200 words)

From Nomura's application form, so is it ok to expand on something that is on my CV, where it is only listed in the interest section?

Do Nomura send test invites out automatically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)
    Mine did that, just refresh the page and click the link again - that did it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Believe me, I've tried. It just says:

'As your online assessment was not submitted correctly, please contact [email protected] stanley.com with your full name and the email address you used to register with the recruitment system. Please include the details of the problem that you encountered. We will aim to get back to you within 24 business hours.'

ReputationRep:
    What division is everyone applying to at RBS? Correct me if i'm wrong but they don't possess an IBD or S&T division?

They only have a Commercial banking side, am i right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    What division is everyone applying to at RBS? Correct me if i'm wrong but they don't possess an IBD or S&T division?

They only have a Commercial banking side, am i right?
    That's correct. I'm not going to apply to RBS. Although their Commercial Banking includes some typical Corporate Banking activities I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    That's correct. I'm not going to apply to RBS. Although their Commercial Banking includes some typical Corporate Banking activities I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By looks of it, a lot of people on here have applied to RBS, despite this.

Is it a good back up plan or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    By looks of it, a lot of people on here have applied to RBS, despite this.

Is it a good back up plan or something?
    If you haven't already got something, then apply to Commercial Banking for sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are SJTs really selective ? It's pure common sense lol

ReputationRep:
    anybody else the apply button not working for baml?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaFrenchy)
    Are SJTs really selective ? It's pure common sense lol
    Try saying that to the Barclays SJT...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the Blackrock virtual cover letter: I applied to both Equities and Fixed Income - and they sent me two separate emails so does this mean I have to do two of these virtual pieces of ****?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of banks who retest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoussefSilva)
    Does anyone have a list of banks who retest?
    I don't have a list but what I can say is I know for sure both Citi and HSBC re-test. And HSBC particularly are very strict on this (i.e. if you are one mark off the minimum benchmark, you are sent home).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For MS, can you apply to up to three different programmes in one location? or do they have to be in different locations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    ****ed that Citi test. Reckon I got 10/12... That okay you reckon?

Its quite easy, don't know what everyone is complaining about lol. I missed two of the Qs because I made a mistake on my calculator. Wish I didn't have such sweaty fingers :L.

I reckon people in here will find it easy to get 12/12 ngl.
    Take this as you will, but what I was told is that the TalentQ is different from the other tests.

The way that it works is that it gets harder, the more questions you get right. This is why people think its so hard, as the questions get progressively harder.

So, unless you are very good at math, you should not be getting 10 out of 12. I passed the test last year, and am pretty sure I only got around 6 right. The last two questions I basically left blank as they were outrageously difficult.

Hope this is encouraging to those thinking they bombed the TalentQ test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBankinator)
    Take this as you will, but what I was told is that the TalentQ is different from the other tests.

The way that it works is that it gets harder, the more questions you get right. This is why people think its so hard, as the questions get progressively harder.

So, unless you are very good at math, you should not be getting 10 out of 12. I passed the test last year, and am pretty sure I only got around 6 right. The last two questions I basically left blank as they were outrageously difficult.

Hope this is encouraging to those thinking they bombed the TalentQ test
    really? My test got easier as it went along. Must of seriously bombed it then haha

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply for two locations in Europe for Citi (Investment Banking)? I am fluent in Swedish but studying in the UK so I figured that I might as well apply for the summer analyst programme in Stockholm as well as the London one - providing it is possible. Thoughts on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    really? My test got easier as it went along. Must of seriously bombed it then haha
    haha yeah really hope for your sake that I'm wrong, but that's what happened to my friend (he said it was quite easy) and didn't pass. Thing is, maybe you are good at these tests and end up passing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ox2018)
    Does anyone know whether it is possible to apply for two locations in Europe for Citi (Investment Banking)? I am fluent in Swedish but studying in the UK so I figured that I might as well apply for the summer analyst programme in Stockholm as well as the London one - providing it is possible. Thoughts on this?
    just do it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.