Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I think I just saw my old therapist :cry: I'm hoping it wasn't her cos she totally blanked me, but she looked so, so like her.

In other news: I'm now supportless. Everything's finished. I don't like it...
:hugs: We're here for you sweetheart. I know it's not the same but we'll do whatever we can to help
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I'm glad to hear you had a quite a good day, maybe you could try something to distract you like watching a favourite movie or playing a game? :hugs:
I'm playing alchemy and chatting to a friend on msn
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I just saw my old therapist :cry: I'm hoping it wasn't her cos she totally blanked me, but she looked so, so like her.

You are not supportless, no matter how lonley you get in this world you really are never alone, there are people out there, and us too. Everything has not finished, keep goin :hugs: Just do it for yourself and people around you.

:hugs:

Im going back to hide now.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

You still have us :hugs: Why has everything finished?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
You are not supportless, no matter how lonley you get in this world you really are never alone, there are people out there, and us too. Everything has not finished, keep goin :hugs: Just do it for yourself and people around you.

Im going back to hide now.
Hope you're ok :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You still have us :hugs: Why has everything finished?
University. Got to the top of the waiting list at the wrong time... What's happening now is my cousellor is going to prod my GP to refer me to somewhere in Brum. Mehs.

I do feel alone though, I'm not used to this, everything's changing and I'm so scared: I've looked at my modules, I don't think I can do this work... and I'm scared of the voices and stuff coming back. Like really, really. I just need somewhere to offload, that can really do something for me... just for now it's gone and I have to get by; but even with support I've been really bad with suicidal stuff. Thanks for being here for me everyone, it's just so difficult.
Metamorphosis_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Hi metamorphosis. :hugs:
[QUOTE=becki08]

Hi , and thank you.
No-one on here knows me in person I know, it's just that i'm... one half of me, on this forum, and sharing the other feels a bit akward.
Reading through, it's good to know that you're all here, although I'm sorry you have to be.

**** it.
I'm not even sure what I want to talk about. I can't get to the bottom of why I make myself feel like this, even though I know I MAKE myself feel like this. I don't have any problems, it's pathetic. I just feel like a bunch of totally disconnected dots, where no bits of me add up and I just keep starting sentences with I. I feel like a total poser, especially since I know I've been through worse than this but now is when I decide to post things on the ****ing internet. I'm just a bit angry because I can't figure anything out
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
University. Got to the top of the waiting list at the wrong time... What's happening now is my cousellor is going to prod my GP to refer me to somewhere in Brum. Mehs.

I do feel alone though, I'm not used to this, everything's changing and I'm so scared: I've looked at my modules, I don't think I can do this work... and I'm scared of the voices and stuff coming back. Like really, really. I just need somewhere to offload, that can really do something for me... just for now it's gone and I have to get by; but even with support I've been really bad with suicidal stuff. Thanks for being here for me everyone, it's just so difficult.
Birmingham's a big city so hopefully you'll get to see someone soon, did they say how long it'd take? Have you told your university what you're going through, some have CPNs and stuff and might be able to help you like that even if they can't offer counselling? Then there's always here if you need to offload, I know it's not the same but it's something, you're not alone. :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Birmingham's a big city so hopefully you'll get to see someone soon, did they say how long it'd take? Have you told your university what you're going through, some have CPNs and stuff and might be able to help you like that even if they can't offer counselling? Then there's always here if you need to offload, I know it's not the same but it's something, you're not alone. :hugs:
I know nothing about referral times... I'm being told that I need to wait till I get there, which isn't exactly great, and that's why my counsellor is prodding him! No, my uni don't. How would I tell them, should I have put it under disabilities at enrolment or what? Thanks :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know nothing about referral times... I'm being told that I need to wait till I get there, which isn't exactly great, and that's why my counsellor is prodding him! No, my uni don't. How would I tell them, should I have put it under disabilities at enrolment or what? Thanks :hugs:
Partly under the disabilities thing at enrolment but if you haven't done that you could arrange to meet them so you can discuss it in person or just over email if you prefer and actually get them to give you some help that way before any potential problem actually manifests itself. You're going to birmingham? You could contact these people to see what kind of help they can give you: http://www.as.bham.ac.uk/study/suppo...services.shtml or more info here: http://www.as.bham.ac.uk/study/suppo...pport.shtml#mh :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey Kate, was it Aston you were going to? If you can navigate through the mess that is the Aston uni website then you have one up on me, but http://www.aston.ac.uk/current-stude...es/disability/ is the Disability and Additional Needs site. The uni has a free counselling service as well, but their website appears to be bust

It might be a good idea to get in touch with the student loans people about a Disabled Students Allowance - that could be used for travel expenses to visit your current therapist rather than having to switch to one in Birmingham (they may contribute towards a private therapist as well, but I'm not certain on that) as well as other things. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...on/DG_10034898

Also, don't worry about the work being too hard, the entire point of 1st year is to avoid work, it's just that you will be unusual in that you have a valid excuse! :hugs:

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
[QUOTE=Metamorphosis_S]
(Original post by becki08)

Hi , and thank you.
No-one on here knows me in person I know, it's just that i'm... one half of me, on this forum, and sharing the other feels a bit akward.
Reading through, it's good to know that you're all here, although I'm sorry you have to be.

**** it.
I'm not even sure what I want to talk about. I can't get to the bottom of why I make myself feel like this, even though I know I MAKE myself feel like this. I don't have any problems, it's pathetic. I just feel like a bunch of totally disconnected dots, where no bits of me add up and I just keep starting sentences with I. I feel like a total poser, especially since I know I've been through worse than this but now is when I decide to post things on the ****ing internet. I'm just a bit angry because I can't figure anything out
Hello, :hugs:

Nice to meet you, again, sorry about the circumstances.

The thing that will be really hard to realise at the moment is that this isn't your fault. You're not making yourself feel like this. Depression can hit anyone, and can be caused by any one of a number of things. One of the worst things about depression is that it often does appear to be meaningless - you may never know why you feel like this, but you will be able to stop yourself feeling this way with time and help and :hugs:

Are you currently seeing a doctor or a counsellor about things?

Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Hey
I haven't read which uni you are going to in brum, but if it is The University of Birmingham there is a service called nightline. Basically if you ever need to talk to anyone and let stuff off your chest you can give those guys a ring. I know it's not exactly counseling since they aren't allowed to give you advice on anything, but it helped me when i was feeling bad during my first year, and you are able to ring anytime during term time. Just thought id let you know!

I hope all goes well for you
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Rough time at the moment. Had another migraine yesterday, at school, which was awful. Had to be sent out of class sobbing in pain and then the nurse wasn't there so I basically curled up outside her office and tried to sit through the worst of it. Luckily a passing teacher took pity on me, and went to get it unlocked so I could lie down. It's the third one I've had since July; I never had them before. I know it's not caused by dehydration, because I drink more than enough water, and I've not eaten anything odd. Is there such a thing as depression-induced migraines? Has anyone else ever had them?

Hope you're all okay this morning. :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Blah

Had a good night last night. Went to the funfair with my mum and sister and mum and i went on a ride which was fun. Then i text some friends who were in town and invited myself out with them :o: Had a really good time with them though but....I bumped into someone who I'm not sure I've mentioned on here so I won't say who. (Clue though for people I've told...last summer...me+him = was going to happen but didn't). I got all anxious because he was with his gf but I did stand next to him at the bar and I did say poke him and say hello :o:

Had a great night though but now I'm paranoid about tonight. Going to my last ever school event and I'm assuming we'll all go out to town afterwards because we usually do. However, no one has mentioned it to me, so I've text people and am waiting for them to reply. Hopefully they will but I'm not sure. I'll probably feel like I'm intruding again but it is our last Friday night in town so yeah....I dunno, just feel anxious.

How is everyone? :hugs: to all. xx
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You know what? I'm just going to go and sit downstairs and not even think about social things. I'll get far too upset
Hopefully I'm going out with my friend at 12pm for lunch. Not seen her since my 18th (feb) so that should be nice but it depends if she remembers to come.

My brother text wanting me to pick him up from school at 1pm but I said no because i'll be out. If he tells Dad, I'll be in loads of trouble because I'm meant to cancel plans I have and always be able to pick people up and take them places in the car. *sighs*

As of yet, no replies about tonight Not good. Feel worthless, un-important and small.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Blah

Had a good night last night. Went to the funfair with my mum and sister and mum and i went on a ride which was fun. Then i text some friends who were in town and invited myself out with them :o: Had a really good time with them though but....I bumped into someone who I'm not sure I've mentioned on here so I won't say who. (Clue though for people I've told...last summer...me+him = was going to happen but didn't). I got all anxious because he was with his gf but I did stand next to him at the bar and I did say poke him and say hello :o:

Had a great night though but now I'm paranoid about tonight. Going to my last ever school event and I'm assuming we'll all go out to town afterwards because we usually do. However, no one has mentioned it to me, so I've text people and am waiting for them to reply. Hopefully they will but I'm not sure. I'll probably feel like I'm intruding again but it is our last Friday night in town so yeah....I dunno, just feel anxious.

How is everyone? :hugs: to all. xx

:jumphug:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Liz, they probably haven't sorted anything definite out yet for tonight. Go along to the school event and then they'll probably decide something to do after that.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel nervous. I got a letter from the doctor asking me to make an appointment because my college has been in touch with them and I'm worried they're going to give me more grief about "not coming back unless I'm ready". I thought all this was sorted.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
I feel nervous. I got a letter from the doctor asking me to make an appointment because my college has been in touch with them and I'm worried they're going to give me more grief about "not coming back unless I'm ready". I thought all this was sorted.
:hugs: surely it's up to you, do you feel ready? If you do then they shouldn't stop you going back.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads