Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jong Il Kim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
Ok Guys, PM me details about application sent and email received. Do NOT write them here...

I have made the excel document, You can access it HERE!
awesome.
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
well stated, indeed. :yep:
that's just a little conclusion of what we've been through these days with respect to last year's pattern.
things might change although it's unlikely.
but it seems to me that last week's rejection are all based on economics related subject in which I couldn't understand why the other depts didnt' put out names for rejection....
it leaves me a question that UCAS is being ineffecient again and there will be some rejections for other depts on MONDAY....
hardeep123
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by astonish99)
With those grades you should have applied to Oxbridge!

thnak you and thanks alikarachi..... but i cant apply to oxbridge because i am a government sponsored student to be an accountant.... so since oxbridge does nt have accounting i cant apply there... and infact my 4 A2 subjects are chosen by the government after discussing with the college....

I was lucky enough they let me sit for the science subjects for AS on my own and i studied them on my own with a bit help from a few lecturers... I hope my subjects now r ok to get into LSE because i really really really want to go there...

i have heard a lot about LSE wanting traditional subjects but since my hands are tied on what subjects i can take i have no choice.. but i have heard of ppl getting in with just three subjects like maths, economics and accounting,.. so i am hoping on that... plus lse did say on their website tht ppl who do accounting as a subject in a lvls tend to do better in the accounting and finance course.. ALL I CAN DO NOW IS HOPE THT ALL GOES WELL..

ANYWAYS.... GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!
Fairily_Spark
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I applied in late September! didn't receive a shortlist e-mail.
Want an offer already!
albiesworld
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tribalium)
that's just a little conclusion of what we've been through these days with respect to last year's pattern.
things might change although it's unlikely.
but it seems to me that last week's rejection are all based on economics related subject in which I couldn't understand why the other depts didnt' put out names for rejection....
it leaves me a question that UCAS is being ineffecient again and there will be some rejections for other depts on MONDAY....
I dont think that all rejections were based on economics...im pretty sure that the was at least one person here that got rejected from IR or IR&His
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by albiesworld)
I dont think that all rejections were based on economics...im pretty sure that the was at least one person here that got rejected from IR or IR&His
I think that false assumption was made based on the fact that most people on TSR appear to be applying to econ based subjects
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by albiesworld)
I just happen to see there're 3 rejections from Phil + Govt
sorry about that:p:
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
Ok, will do that tomorrow. Thing is, some people have asked pointless questions that are are answered on the first page already, and some will probably keep asking about the gathered pile even once it's on the first page.:rolleyes:
Oh well..
True that, but at least we can just say "read the first page" rather than having to explain it again and again
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
True that, but at least we can just say "read the first page" rather than having to explain it again and again
YEP:yep:
rotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yodude888)
I think that false assumption was made based on the fact that most people on TSR appear to be applying to econ based subjects
I'm not
History woo :woo:
Freudian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All i know is that,it's Eid tomorrow
Some serious praying is going down!!
I have that LSE student shadowing thing on Tuesday,such a waste if i don't get in
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Freudian)
I have that LSE student shadowing thing on Tuesday,such a waste if i don't get in
tmr?
we are all speculating friday as an offer day
Mike_P
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Freudian)
Why Swedish flag? If you don't mind me asking?
flglxpstbxkdls
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronanananan)
Hi everyone!

Name: ronanananan
Course: Gov't & Econ
Date Applied: 13 Oct
Qualification: IB (but I don't know my predicteds)

I got a letter on friday from LSE saying I need my pre-IB qualifications. The thing is, I don't have ANY... I go to an international school in Japan and the style is pretty much American. So I thought maybe I could send them a transcript from 9-11 instead? do you guys think that would be appropriate?

Thanks very much
I suppose so.
LSE sent me an exactly same letter to me as well... for pre-IB qualification.
I sent in my 10th & 11th grade transcrip from America (as I skipped my freshman year)...
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by flglxpstbxkdls)
I suppose so.
LSE sent me an exactly same letter to me as well... for pre-IB qualification.
I sent in my 10th & 11th grade transcrip from America (as I skipped my freshman year)...
They didn't ask me for anything like that. I hope that doesn't mean my UC put my MYP grades in, because they weren't that good!
izoar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
was accepted at ucl for econ; I guess lse will refuse me...
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by izoar)
They're not mutually exclusive :confused:
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by izoar)
congraz mate!
at least u have UCL to fall on to
and LSE hasn't rejected u yet!:p:
albiesworld
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rotor)
I'm not
History woo :woo:
:ditto: :yep:
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
our offer week starts!
anxious!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (30)
55.56%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (8)
14.81%

Watched Threads