Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :nutcase:
    They let you in in the end? Excellent stuff, mate. Told you you'd get it!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gethsemane342)
    They let you in in the end? Excellent stuff, mate. Told you you'd get it!
    Yup, I was a few UMS away from two A*s but they didn't even ask me about my UMS!

(Original post by jonnyboy1993)
    Yes fam, so much excitement

Also, don't know if you know this, but in light of the video you sent me the other day, you realise angst is just a remix of stress by Justice :holmes:
    :woo::woo:

Yup, knew that! But Doomsday is just a plagiarized tune...

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I was a few UMS away from two A*s but they didn't even ask me about my UMS!

Yup, knew that! But Doomsday is just a plagiarized tune...
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    Well done, you Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    I guess you're just out of practice - don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll be given plenty of guidance!

As for my username, even though you say "tort" (like the cake - that joke's been made numerous times over the last year...), "tortious" is pronounced "tor-shuss". I think that's the same across the globe, but for some reason, Americans tend to use "tor-tee-uhss". :p:
    I am having a problem being accepted on the Pembroke Freshers facebook group. Why don't they want me?

ReputationRep:
    I guess you're just out of practice - don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll be given plenty of guidance!

As for my username, even though you say "tort" (like the cake - that joke's been made numerous times over the last year...), "tortious" is pronounced "tor-shuss". I think that's the same across the globe, but for some reason, Americans tend to use "tor-tee-uhss". :p:
    I hope so. I'm fantasizing about getting an awesome supervisor who will suddenly transform me into a Darwin-istic Biologist minus the beard.

Ah, you see, I wasn't sure if it was "tor-shuss" or "tor-tee-uhss", because the word is "tort".
    You learn something new everyday B-)

ReputationRep:

Yaaaaaay, congratulations!! My finger-crossing worked, LOL.

ReputationRep:
    :nutcase:
    Well done!! Do you still have your skype chat? Do you know how everyone did on there? Like jing jing and people

(Original post by Got the tshirt)
      I am having a problem being accepted on the Pembroke Freshers facebook group. Why don't they want me?
      Erm...I'm not sure. I can't access Facebook from my PC at the moment (long story) so I can't go in and have a look, but it's likely that you're looking in the wrong place.

First, there have been numerous "people" with names like "Pembroke Freshers" which have been trying to add people - don't accept them since they're not officially run by the JPC (Junior Parlour Committee). I imagine it's something marketing related.

Second, the JPC has an official presence on Facebook, but it's a page called "Pembroke Freshers (2011?)" - not sure if it has the date in, but you should find it easily. Since it's a page, all you have to do is "like" it and then you can see the Wall. The downside, which I don't think they've considered, is that you can only see how many people like it and not their names, so freshers can't find each other on Facebook.

If you still mean a group, I wasn't aware that one existed. If you can, have you tried writing a message saying you're a fresher? If they don't let you in, I wouldn't worry too much. The JPC page will keep you up to date, and I'd imagine that you'd be hearing from your College parents soon. I joined the freshers' group last year and didn't find it that helpful anyway - people posted their room numbers (which won't mean anything to you yet :p:) but that was about it!

Have you heard back about accommodation yet? Where are you living? :teeth: (I say that in the least stalkerish way possible...)

ReputationRep:
      Erm...I'm not sure. I can't access Facebook from my PC at the moment (long story) so I can't go in and have a look, but it's likely that you're looking in the wrong place.

First, there have been numerous "people" with names like "Pembroke Freshers" which have been trying to add people - don't accept them since they're not officially run by the JPC (Junior Parlour Committee). I imagine it's something marketing related.

Second, the JPC has an official presence on Facebook, but it's a page called "Pembroke Freshers (2011?)" - not sure if it has the date in, but you should find it easily. Since it's a page, all you have to do is "like" it and then you can see the Wall. The downside, which I don't think they've considered, is that you can only see how many people like it and not their names, so freshers can't find each other on Facebook.

If you still mean a group, I wasn't aware that one existed. If you can, have you tried writing a message saying you're a fresher? If they don't let you in, I wouldn't worry too much. The JPC page will keep you up to date, and I'd imagine that you'd be hearing from your College parents soon. I joined the freshers' group last year and didn't find it that helpful anyway - people posted their room numbers (which won't mean anything to you yet :p:) but that was about it!

Have you heard back about accommodation yet? Where are you living? :teeth: (I say that in the least stalkerish way possible...)
      Yeah, I probably am looking in the wrong place! Its called Pembroke College Cambridge Freshers 2011 but tbh it was just the first one which came up when i searched!
      lol, I'm glad you added non stalkerish! I haven't heard about accommodation yet I want to know already And I can't wait to get my parents

(Original post by Got the tshirt)
        Yeah, I probably am looking in the wrong place! Its called Pembroke College Cambridge Freshers 2011 but tbh it was just the first one which came up when i searched!
        lol, I'm glad you added non stalkerish! I haven't heard about accommodation yet I want to know already And I can't wait to get my parents
        If you end up in Foundress, I might see you! We know what our rooms are already - I'm in the CC block so I'll come and say hello. I'll probably bring a tin of Celebrations again, so I'm sure you'll remember to come and find me.
        • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Zoedotdot)
        Well done!! Do you still have your skype chat? Do you know how everyone did on there? Like jing jing and people
        Yep, Skype chat is still alive! Most of us got in but cpdavis missed his STEP offer and jing jing is off to LSE!
        (Original post by darkestskies)
        Yaaaaay, congratulations!! My finger-crossing worked, LOL.
        :woo:

I'm so happy!

ReputationRep:
        Woop woop met the conditions of my offer for Pembroke, buzzing. Congrats to everyone!

ReputationRep:
        Yep, Skype chat is still alive! Most of us got in but cpdavis missed his STEP offer and jing jing is off to LSE!

:woo:

I'm so happy!
        Yeah, I knew about cp, pretty gutting and jing jing was happy with LSE wasn't she? tell the skypers they are welcome to return to the hallowed halls of TSR any time, would be nice to have lots more freshers around!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by dbou)
        I originally applied for Trinity but i'm just so happy to be going to Cambridge I don't mind which college it is! I got S in STEP I and 1 in STEP II, and 3 A1's in Advanced Higher. That's a really good STEP offer, they must have really liked you at interview. My offer in STEP was what I got

And well done in getting an S in STEP III!
        Thanks! And well done on getting an S and a 1, that's a great result. I personally found this year's STEP II paper the hardest I have seen (out of the past papers I've tried), and the people on here afterwards seemed to be saying similar things, so well done for getting a 1 on it! I wasn't even sure I'd made a 2 when I came out of the exam, and I was pretty certain I hadn't got a 1 (which I needed in one of them), but luckily STEP III went well for me so it didn't matter. Why didn't you have to take STEP III? Does your school not offer further maths? I don't really know how the Scottish system works.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ziffachan)
        Awesome! What languages/college?
        Christ's, for German and ab initio Russian. And thee?

ReputationRep:
        Got in for natural sciences at Corpus Christi.

(Original post by bobby)
        Got in for economics at clare
        Anyone know if we're going to get an information pack or a reading list anytime soon?
        I got a pack of stuff from my college today, including a reading list (which was already on their website) and some maths questions and a form asking for exact results in all my modules.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by shinysheep)
        Christ's, for German and ab initio Russian. And thee?
        Hope you've joined the freshers group:
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/183841648316006/

(Hello fellow Christ's person - Physical NatSci here )

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by kpatb)
        Hope you've joined the freshers group:
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/183841648316006/

(Hello fellow Christ's person - Physical NatSci here )
        ooooo hello thanks for the link

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by joe17292)

I got a pack of stuff from my college today, including a reading list (which was already on their website) and some maths questions and a form asking for exact results in all my modules.
        Hiii, Physical or Biological?
        I'm doing Physical NatSci.

Just to know, is your reading list significantly different to the one on the NatSci Website?
        (I'm only asking because post will take about 2 weeks to reach me -_- )

Which options are you interested in taking this year?

(Original post by shinysheep)
        ooooo hello thanks for the link
        Hii No problem Excited?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by joe17292)

Wow man I'm jealous. All I got today was a financial information document. Hopefully get some more interesting stuff soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.