Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Aye, yet there are far more Scortier players in the league. Terry, Lampard, Rooney, could go on for hours - But they're English innit. So pick on the Spaniard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Tbf Fabregas is a scrote. Talented footballer? Hell yes. Scrote? Absolutely. He has several dodgy incidents in the past. He was the scrote who threw the pizza at SAF in the OT tunnel, appaz.
    I agree, he's been a bit arsey this season, less so in the past. But he's our scrote, and captain, so we will defend him to the hilt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Aye, yet there are far more Scortier players in the league. Terry, Lampard, Rooney, could go on for hours - But they're English innit. So pick on the Spaniard.
    Yep, pretty much. The likes of Gerrard and Rooney are untouchable. The amount of stuuf Rooney gets away with regards to refs, is a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard is alright. Everyone knows Rooney and Terry are scrotes.

Fabregas' image is better than Rooney and Terry because off-the-field he doesn't do scrote-ish things, seems like a 'gent' or whatever. :fatcontroller:

Still, Fabregas has done some classless stuff on the pitch (even if we take out the Phil Brown/Moyes incidents out).

ReputationRep:
    Still, Fabregas has done some classless stuff on the pitch (even if we take out the Phil Brown/Moyes incidents out).
    like? (bearing in mind the Phil Brown incident was never actually proven)

ReputationRep:
    Alex Song is out for the match against Newcastle. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas hasn't been a good footballer this season. He has probably had his poorest season at the club from that perspective. If you've noticed in the last few months, he has stopped being the go-to guy. He doesn't drive the team forward. He has gone back to his old role from a few years ago when he was trying to get Henry through on goal. I hate the term but it is the 'quarterback' role. He gets the ball about 45 yards out and looks to play someone in. The dinked balls over the top are more common that goal kicks for us. Wilshere has probably been better at it than Cesc, but those two try them at every opportunity. Cesc will score a few more penalties but he doesn't seem to run at the defence as much as last year and so he can't get in the positions to get the same number of goals (although he has missed some great chances).

I don't think Cesc has been especially angry or 'arsey' this season. All that started last season when he was the only one who was trying to fight back. This season (or more accurately, since the return of Van Persie) everyone is kicking opponents. Everton were outplaying us in the first 20 minutes and it really looked like one of our guys would be sent off quickly. The yellow card decisions didn't prove to be consistent but Rosicky, Wilshere and Cesc were hacking players down and stopping them from playing. Cesc dragging his studs down the back of Arteta's achilles summed it all up.

We've needed a character like that for a long time. His job is to be the 'bad guy' and he's doing it exceptionally well. We're missing his footballing qualities a bit but he has stepped up as a great leader, there's no doubt about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    That really, really sucks.

Denilson or Diaby... :facepalm2:

I think it'll be Denilson and I can picture him surrendering possession and going to ground as soon as Barton gets within 5 yards of him.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: complete over-reaction to everything he has said/done since the whole Denilson interview came out.
    What was said on talksport?

(Original post by marcusmerehay)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Question)
    like?
    - Throwing a pizza at SAF in the OT tunnel
    - Spitting at Ballack (dislike him but still)
    - Telling Rio Ferdinand to **** off after Arsenal equalised a few years ago at The Emirates
    - Telling a Huddersfield players to **** off when they asked for his shirt

I don't know how some Arsenal fans/Wenger can claim it's all part of a witch hunt.

ReputationRep:
    - Throwing a pizza at SAF in the OT tunnel
    Bad, but definitely hilarious. I only wish they had it on camera.

ReputationRep:
    So does that mean Alex Song should be fit in time for Barca 1st leg?

ReputationRep:
    I like it when our players are scrotish on the pitch and get away with it :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    So does that mean Alex Song should be fit in time for Barca 1st leg?
    As far as I know, he has a 'dead leg'. It's unfortunate he wasn't fit for the Newcastle game. He will be back for the game after that. Whether or not he picks up an injury immediately before the Barca game is another issue.

Btw, I don't get why everyone keeps talking about the Barca game. As soon as news of Nasri being injured got out, all anyone was asking was "will he be fit for the Barca game?". **** Barca. We're trying to win the league.

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville was out on the town in Manchester last night celebrating his retirement with his Man United team mates.

He was absolutely rat faced.

:rofl2:

Just read that Koscielny's been called up for France. It's against Brazil on the 9th.

ReputationRep:
      How on earth has Diaby been called up? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      P o t e n t i a l

ReputationRep:
      Why are these internationals at such a bad time? Wonder how many are going to come back injured

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by antonfigo)
      P o t e n t i a l
      But he's played, what, 9 times all season? And he's 24 now.

They could have called up Toulalan or Sissoko surely?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.