University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
So has anyone else thought about flat-warming parties on the moving-in weekend? ^^
What is the date of the moving in weekend or does it depend? x
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
You'll be able to move in from Wednesday 14th September but most people will wait until the weekend (17th & 18th) for one reason or another.
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
I think it depends what hall you're in but since I'm in Lupton I move in on the weekend and will definitely be getting the beers in for the occasion
Bella Occhi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
On a slightly unrelated note. What do people reckon the north-south divide is at the uni? (Might have had this conversation before on one of the Leeds threads) I was just looking up Leeds accents on Youtube and I had a horrible thought that I might come across as a posh and stuck up southerner :zomg:
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
On a slightly unrelated note. What do people reckon the north-south divide is at the uni? (Might have had this conversation before on one of the Leeds threads) I was just looking up Leeds accents on Youtube and I had a horrible thought that I might come across as a posh and stuck up southerner :zomg:
I reckon there'll be a lot of well-off people. I live in Cornwall - I wonder what people will think when they hear my accent and see my farmer's tan (off of summer job)?
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I reckon there'll be a lot of well-off people. I live in Cornwall - I wonder what people will think when they hear my accent and see my farmer's tan (off of summer job)?
I'm not well-off, just normal, but apparently I sound a bit posh - my sister keeps making fun of me :cry: Cornish accents are brilliant
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not well-off, just normal, but apparently I sound a bit posh - my sister keeps making fun of me :cry: Cornish accents are brilliant
I go really Cornish when I've been drinking, but my accent is very peculiar because I live in Cornwall, my mother's Scottish and I speak to a lot of Americans... >_>

Aparently I act "quite middle-class" but I'm from a working-class background. So it could be interesting
RastaMannn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
slightly off topic for which I apologise for, but is Leeds University good? I heard its the best redbrick uni, but what is it like as a whole?
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I go really Cornish when I've been drinking, but my accent is very peculiar because I live in Cornwall, my mother's Scottish and I speak to a lot of Americans... >_>

Aparently I act "quite middle-class" but I'm from a working-class background. So it could be interesting
Is your drunken Cornish like this at all? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFj3hSMEAU :lol:
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
You'll be able to move in from Wednesday 14th September but most people will wait until the weekend (17th & 18th) for one reason or another.
It's 10th for tannery

:woo: finally 19, but saving the party till uni
Muffinz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is your drunken Cornish like this at all? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFj3hSMEAU :lol:
Might be a little bit more... sissy than that.
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
TBH where it concerns accents I think people are a lot more tolerent, espcially when they're at uni.

I think my friend had a few that were really polite and SOUNDED posh, had a girl from newcastle and she was proper nice in personality and a few more from all the area. All in his block of flates and I honestly dont think anyone will care what you sound like.
You all seem like really nice outgoing people to me and i'm on the net, I wouldnt think any different of any of you if I met you in person from your accent.
Sure if it was really strong might take me a little to understand (not gunna lie) But Everyone just mixes with everyone.

I actually cannot wait though, soooo excited
My accent is really southern. I'm quite close to London actually, but I have northern parents so not too sure if i might have some northern in my speaking. Anyway I'm rambling carry on
Lovin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
It's 10th for tannery

:woo: finally 19, but saving the party till uni
Happy Birthday for when it is your birthday
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lovin)
Happy Birthday for when it is your birthday
tis today but didn't get totally drunk. Thanks!
Lovin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Well a more meant Happy Birthday to you then xXxXx.
Remind me to give you some rep at some point seen as I apparently reached my limit to rate.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lovin)
Well a more meant Happy Birthday to you then xXxXx.
Remind me to give you some rep at some point seen as I apparently reached my limit to rate.
thanks appreciated
FloRaRa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Omiclops)
Twelve days from now - i'll either have ordered my macbook pro or have committed suicide
Dude, don't order it until you get to Leeds. If you buy it online whilst connected to the uni's internet you get a student discount, like 10% I think. Also a load of money towards apps, I think it was $100 so like £69 or something. Naht sure though on the exacts.

But just wait until you are a student, save the mons!
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Happy belated birthday!
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
Thank you! I'll be moving into accommodation at the weekend easier for parents so i'm glad most people will be going then to x
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it depends what hall you're in but since I'm in Lupton I move in on the weekend and will definitely be getting the beers in for the occasion
Yeah, I'm hopefully going to be in Clarence Dock so i hope most people move in on the weekend! So I'm not alone and having celebratory drinks alone haha!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise