Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
The official synopsis for episode 7, A Good Man Goes to War. All aboard the hype train...

The only new part of that really is "But as he and Rory race across galaxies, calling in long-held debts and solemnly given promises, his enemies are laying a carefully concealed trap."
So Amy gets kidnapped at the end of episode 6 or maybe start of episode 7 but I'm guessing 6. I'm guessing her kidnapping has something to do with the Silence: "Amelia Pond, you will bring the silence" or something along those lines.

Carefully concealed trap? Is this the alliance's doing? Again? And we finally get to know more abotu River? Although I'm guessing it'll be right at the end of episode 7 and then they'll leave us hanging for 3 months.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i bet £10 that the Ood will make another appearance :ahee:
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe the Alliance will finally be revealed as the sham that it is. It's not the aliens.
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It does sound very end of series 5 :\
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
So Amy gets kidnapped at the end of episode 6 or maybe start of episode 7 but I'm guessing 6. I'm guessing her kidnapping has something to do with the Silence: "Amelia Pond, you will bring the silence" or something along those lines.

Carefully concealed trap? Is this the alliance's doing? Again? And we finally get to know more abotu River? Although I'm guessing it'll be right at the end of episode 7 and then they'll leave us hanging for 3 months.
Oh definitely! River will lean in to tell the Doctor, then the credits will roll...and I will be sitting there like:

Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do you think the Cybermen are one of those favours? Going on this...

Spoiler:
Show

Them changing forms? Where did that come from anyway? We've not seen that yet.

Maybe they were manipulated by the Silents using post-hypnotic suggestion?

Yeah, I agree. It will probably be end of episode 6. Episode 5, 6 and 7 have cliffhangers which get progressively 'bigger' and more 'shocking'. Maybe they find out that the Amy with them is a clone?

I think the plan is the Silents' doing, not the Alliance. Another tidbit from an interview indicates the Silence have been laying a trap for the Doctor. I'm guessing this is it.

Silents kidnap her and take her to Kovarian?
Spoiler:
Show
Cybermen, possibly Romans. Sure there are other clues in the paintings of the Lone Centurian.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Liz Ten come back either.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler tags guys.

We all know you get carried away but theres some pretty spoilerific stuff in your past few posts.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
Spoiler tags guys.
Agreed!
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are no spoilers in the past few posts. :erm:
The pictures pretty spoilery.
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The picture was released by the BBC, so technically is not a spoiler at all. Anything released by the production team, BBC or Moffat/actors would not be spoilers. They've been authorised to share that.

Oh, and they've featured in a trailer.
:holmes:

I'd just class it as a spoiler as it'd annoy me if i didn't know about it already.

:dontknow:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The picture was released by the BBC, so technically is not a spoiler at all. Anything released by the production team, BBC or Moffat/actors would not be spoilers. They've been authorised to share that.

Oh, and they've featured in a trailer.
Was slightly spoilery. Don't argue, just conform :dry:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:ditto: to saying while not technically a spoiler, should have tags for those who want to go into episodes completely clueless!
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anything about episodes not yet aired are spoilers and should be treated as such. Speculation is fine.
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'll spoiler it, but people in this thread really need to come up with a spoiler policy properly. These pictures have been posted numerous times without spoiler tags. Nobody complained.
It's pick-on-Ape day today
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We love you Ape!

I slightly disagree with Colonel. I think the "next time" trailer shown at the end of each episode should be allowed to be discussed without spoiler tags, but anything else released should be spoilered.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Trailers can be shown, dissection should perhaps be spoilered. I don't mind dissection of trailers, but others might.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love Arthur Darvill
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He is the best thing about the show currently.
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
nah, river is
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
He is the best thing about the show currently.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads