The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avhhs
:yep: :cool:
:tongue:

I dunno really, I obviously don't want to fail but it seems quite difficult at this stage. Keep having periods of time each day where I feel there is no point in anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well even if you do fail it doesn't make you a failure just remember that :smile: you aren't well so to even take the exams is an achievement. Give yourself credit for that. You'll get where you want to be eventually, but at the moment it's important to stay well. :hugs: If it's any consolation I'm in my 4th year of 6th form because my depression was really bad the first two years and I didn't get the grades I needed. Yeah it sucks to do another 2 years but it's not impossible and if it means I'll get to where I want to be then it is worth it. Don't give up :hugs:
Reply 2641
Original post by avhhs

I dunno really, I obviously don't want to fail but it seems quite difficult at this stage. Keep having periods of time each day where I feel there is no point in anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ANONYM00SE
Well even if you do fail it doesn't make you a failure just remember that :smile: you aren't well so to even take the exams is an achievement. Give yourself credit for that. You'll get where you want to be eventually, but at the moment it's important to stay well. :hugs: If it's any consolation I'm in my 4th year of 6th form because my depression was really bad the first two years and I didn't get the grades I needed. Yeah it sucks to do another 2 years but it's not impossible and if it means I'll get to where I want to be then it is worth it. Don't give up :hugs:

Anonymoose more or less said what I was going to reply, great minds n'all :tongue: Not getting the grade is not failing, but giving up is. So whenever you feel like you can't do something, always think that it's something worth trying rather than not giving up. If you don't get what you want, use that as your motivation to get better! It's always great getting something first time, but if you don't get something the first time, well I always found that with every "failure" i've had in my life, something great came as a result of it. Or in other words, the sweetest successes usually comes/came after the bitterness of disappointment.

Hopefully it won't get that far and you'll get your grade with ease. But if unfortunately you don't, there is and will always be a second chance :smile: Good luck bud!
Original post by Sultana
I feel like such a burden. :sigh:
I might've complained about them in the past, but my housemates are spending a lot of time looking after me atm. Feel like crap cos they're good people so they feel like they have to, but is such an unfair chore on them. Don't wanna be this person. :cry:

You are honestly not a burden. :jumphug: If they didn't want to look after you, they wouldn't, I can assure you of that. I know plenty of "good" people who have ended up not being supportive for whatever reason. I'm certain that your housemates don't feel like they have to look after you.
Original post by avhhs
:woo: Nice one :smile: hope you two have an amazing time :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kindred
Have fun! :biggrin: i'm sure the flight will be fine :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The flight was fine in the end. Minor mini panic attack moment but it was okay in the end. Just me worrying over nothing like usual.

Original post by octoberbaby
My mum is like a holiday person and we go abroad every year, and for the last couple of years my now ex has taken me on holiday with his family as well which = a LOT of flights and I have NEVER had anyone be sick on a flight I've been on. I'm sure you will be fine, and the best of luck to you. Where are you going?.

Yep, it was fine in the end. I read this before I got on the plane, and was reassuring so thanks! Might take some diazepam with me on the next flight though.

We're just having a city break in Edinburgh for 3 days. Wanted to go abroad, but we couldn't find anything that cheap, and I get kinda funny about going abroad anyway, but we're having a good time :smile:
Original post by avhhs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by IDukem
Anonymoose more or less said what I was going to reply, great minds n'all :tongue: Not getting the grade is not failing, but giving up is. So whenever you feel like you can't do something, always think that it's something worth trying rather than not giving up. If you don't get what you want, use that as your motivation to get better! It's always great getting something first time, but if you don't get something the first time, well I always found that with every "failure" i've had in my life, something great came as a result of it. Or in other words, the sweetest successes usually comes/came after the bitterness of disappointment.

Hopefully it won't get that far and you'll get your grade with ease. But if unfortunately you don't, there is and will always be a second chance :smile: Good luck bud!

these guys talk sense, there are so many different routes you can take if your not on the right road currently. look at me, im a massive failure but iv still kinda got to where i want to be, and will be hopefully handing in my last bits of uni work in august, yet when i was in school i laughed when someone said id get into uni, so dont hold back, you WILL get to where you want/need to be. trust me :smile:

Last exam tomorrow...... gah cannot wait for it to be over.... then maybe i can concentrate on my mental health for once and try to get better :/

good luck! sending every positive vibe i have in my body and as much chicken as you can physically eat :tongue:
also, i asked my mum yesterday if i could have a pet chicken and she said no :cry2: was such a sad moment

Original post by lonelybrummie
Hi, how's everyone?

Posting on here since a long time.

welcome back :biggrin:
i was only wondering how you were the other day!

hope your ok :smile:
Original post by avhhs
Surely I can't be the only person who doesn't celebrate either mothers day or fathers day? Never been celebrated in my family, nor do I think my parents deserve anything. Plus in the past they have said something along the lines of
"us Asians don't celebrate it because every day is mothers day or fathers day for us, only white people celebrate it because they don't take care of their parents".
Seriously? :lolwut: what the hell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, I don't celebrate either. I usually just phone my parents and have a chat (live away so don't get to see or talk to them that much. Sometimes I may get my mum some flowers but don't do anything special for it. I just try to be thankful everyday of them, and what they do for me.
Original post by bullettheory

Yep, it was fine in the end. I read this before I got on the plane, and was reassuring so thanks! Might take some diazepam with me on the next flight though.

We're just having a city break in Edinburgh for 3 days. Wanted to go abroad, but we couldn't find anything that cheap, and I get kinda funny about going abroad anyway, but we're having a good time :smile:

Glad it was okay, I hope you enjoy yourselves :smile:
Original post by PonchoKid
these guys talk sense, there are so many different routes you can take if your not on the right road currently. look at me, im a massive failure but iv still kinda got to where i want to be, and will be hopefully handing in my last bits of uni work in august, yet when i was in school i laughed when someone said id get into uni, so dont hold back, you WILL get to where you want/need to be. trust me :smile:

good luck! sending every positive vibe i have in my body and as much chicken as you can physically eat :tongue:
also, i asked my mum yesterday if i could have a pet chicken and she said no :cry2: was such a sad moment

you are not a failure! I might have already stuffed my face with chicken today... :ninja: bad anonymoose.
awwwwwwwwwww. have a cuddly soft toy chicken? :tongue: live chickens scare me... feel like they are too dirty... yet i am fine with most other animals... and eating chickens :confused:
thanks! :biggrin:
you are not a failure! I might have already stuffed my face with chicken today... :ninja: bad anonymoose.
awwwwwwwwwww. have a cuddly soft toy chicken? :tongue: live chickens scare me... feel like they are too dirty... yet i am fine with most other animals... and eating chickens :confused:
thanks! :biggrin:

Oh i am. Dont worry. :tongue:
Im jealous! Iv not had any today :eek: will have to sort that out tomorrow :tongue: but your certainly not bad :nah:
Might have to. Tbh theyd probs freak me out. Everytime theyd flad id scream and freeze :erm: but they were only £5 each!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2649
Original post by Anonymous
You are honestly not a burden. :jumphug: If they didn't want to look after you, they wouldn't, I can assure you of that. I know plenty of "good" people who have ended up not being supportive for whatever reason. I'm certain that your housemates don't feel like they have to look after you.

Mmm
I really am though. Given that my care coordinator has all the discretion of a tiger doing the can can wearing a sequin tutu whilst singing the bear went over the mountain and playing the tambourine, they kind of know my state of mind and feel obligated to make sure im safe. I am needing basically constant supervision and that is too much from them. I mean we're not even properly friends, we just live together! Tonight they're having movie night but they didn't ask me because I am terrible company and they needed a break.
On Weds one of them sat with me for half the night (literally) while I was stuck in flashback world. Not ok on any level for her to have to see me like that/stay up even though she has her own life.
Also, am worried they will now feel guilty/in some way responsible when 'bad' stuff which is really not the case. Just feel so guilty and grateful and embarrassed and resentful and pathetic all at once. They're moving out soon which is half really scary but half a relief. I don't want to be dependent on people who owe me nothing, and I don't wanna hurt anyone else.
Reply 2650
Ladies, don't ever get pregnant. It's horrible. I hate the feeling of him moving around in there. Makes me so anxious.
Original post by HmMusic
Ladies, don't ever get pregnant. It's horrible. I hate the feeling of him moving around in there. Makes me so anxious.

:hugs: wont be long and hell give you your body back. Hope your ok :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sultana
Mmm
I really am though. Given that my care coordinator has all the discretion of a tiger doing the can can wearing a sequin tutu whilst singing the bear went over the mountain and playing the tambourine, they kind of know my state of mind and feel obligated to make sure im safe. I am needing basically constant supervision and that is too much from them. I mean we're not even properly friends, we just live together! Tonight they're having movie night but they didn't ask me because I am terrible company and they needed a break.
On Weds one of them sat with me for half the night (literally) while I was stuck in flashback world. Not ok on any level for her to have to see me like that/stay up even though she has her own life.
Also, am worried they will now feel guilty/in some way responsible when 'bad' stuff which is really not the case. Just feel so guilty and grateful and embarrassed and resentful and pathetic all at once. They're moving out soon which is half really scary but half a relief. I don't want to be dependent on people who owe me nothing, and I don't wanna hurt anyone else.

She didn't have to. She could have left you. When your care co-ordinator spoke to them (I assume you consented to that by the way?), they could have said they couldn't handle it/didn't want to deal with it, but they didn't.

Original post by HmMusic

:jumphug: I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it lovely. Only a few weeks to go now though, and I'm sure it'll all be worth it when your little boy is born. Feel free to text me or whatever whenever.
Original post by avhhs
Nice, where did you go? I'm doing ok thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Road trip to Brussels and Berlin - was good fun with great people. :smile: Especially since I didn't have to do any of the driving! :tongue:

Original post by bullettheory

Ooh, I'm from Edinburgh. Hope you have fun there. :smile:

Original post by Sultana
Mmm

I don't think the fact they wanted a night away from you is any poor reflection on either you or them. You're going through something which is both very difficult and very intense (and which is not at all your fault), and I think if anything it shows maturity on their part that they've chosen to plan one small break from you in order to both look after themselves and keep on being generally good friends to you.

As for their owing you nothing, I doubt that's quite true. You're an awesome person who's really good for a laugh when life lets you, and in my opinion awesome people like me, you and your flatmates owe it to each other to stick by each other, especially when the other person most needs it. I remember you've been there for me to the best of your abilities even when you've had your own **** going on, and I bet your flatmates realise you'd do the same with them. You're suffering, and that means that you're better off leaving more of the burden to the rest of us for a while - but that is our choice, and we know you're trying. :hugs:

I hope you'll be alright when your flatmates move out, and remember you've got all of us on hand if you need us. :smile:
Reply 2654

This year I've completely lost the motivation to study. I seem to be starting revision only the day before the exams, I have psychology tomorrow and I haven't really looked into the stuff yet :rolleyes:

Original post by IDukem

Thanks, I hope I do well. Need things to change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
This year I've completely lost the motivation to study. I seem to be starting revision only the day before the exams, I have psychology tomorrow and I haven't really looked into the stuff yet :rolleyes:

Good luck with the exam! :yy:
Reply 2656
Original post by Anonymous
She didn't have to. She could have left you. When your care co-ordinator spoke to them (I assume you consented to that by the way?), they could have said they couldn't handle it/didn't want to deal with it, but they didn't.

I've asked her to like, learn the meaning of the word confidential but to no avail. I think she needs to have a refresher on one of those ever so useful courses where you learn all about respect/dignity/choice/empowerment/*insert buzzword of the season* :tongue:

Original post by superwolf

Ooh, I'm from Edinburgh. Hope you have fun there. :smile:

Ooh I didn't know this. Can I pick your brains over something sometime?

I don't think the fact they wanted a night away from you is any poor reflection on either you or them. You're going through something which is both very difficult and very intense (and which is not at all your fault), and I think if anything it shows maturity on their part that they've chosen to plan one small break from you in order to both look after themselves and keep on being generally good friends to you.

As for their owing you nothing, I doubt that's quite true. You're an awesome person who's really good for a laugh when life lets you, and in my opinion awesome people like me, you and your flatmates owe it to each other to stick by each other, especially when the other person most needs it. I remember you've been there for me to the best of your abilities even when you've had your own **** going on, and I bet your flatmates realise you'd do the same with them. You're suffering, and that means that you're better off leaving more of the burden to the rest of us for a while - but that is our choice, and we know you're trying. :hugs:

I hope you'll be alright when your flatmates move out, and remember you've got all of us on hand if you need us. :smile:

Just go ahead and dissolve me again :tongue:

:hugs:

why are people so nice to me? :cry2:
Original post by Sultana
Ooh I didn't know this. Can I pick your brains over something sometime?

Just go ahead and dissolve me again :tongue:

:hugs:

You may. :haughty:

Probably for the same reasons that they're nice to me too.

Spoiler

Reply 2658
You may. :haughty:

Spoiler

merci.

:giggle:

Whaddidya do in Eurropppe? Did you eat lots of sausages and mussels and chocolate?
Original post by Sultana
I've asked her to like, learn the meaning of the word confidential but to no avail. I think she needs to have a refresher on one of those ever so useful courses where you learn all about respect/dignity/choice/empowerment/*insert buzzword of the season* :tongue:

:eek: That's really bad practice... Have you spoken to anyone else there about that?

Because you're awesome. :tongue: Or the reasons superwolf gave... :tongue:

Spoiler

Awesome. :giggle:

Latest