Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent my reference requests yesterday. Today I saw my school based reference and today getting home I received an email he sent the reference!

How awesome is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver Queen)
    I have my interview coming in up a couple of weeks. So nervous about the presentation part of things.
    You will do well, Mr. Queen.

P.S. First time I saw your profile I really thought your profile picture was actually you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    I nearly applied there too and I'm glad I didn't now, think they'll have received a lot of applications. Wish I had work to distract me! Got a Spanish lecture soon and I'm not looking forward to it because it's the hardest subject and I can't be bothered with feeling even more stressed out right now.
    Think I might do a search of courses and school direct which haven't opened yet, as potential back up.

Today I have called the faculty at the university and my supervisor with no reply. I still have no reply to emails sent monday and Tuesday.

Today I was at work, but rang both uni and refer about 10/15 times in total on my breaks... I've left a message asking if he got my emails, as I am worried and don't want to miss out, but it appears he (and seemingly the whole department) are out of office. I think I have driven my colleagues up the wall! My assistant manager at work has offered to write me a reference, but it is my academic reference I'm waiting on, and I think it will look bad on my application if I don't have that...

I am now torn between thinking I should be guilty incase my referee is facing some crisis whilst I nag him, and thinking, if he's not facing crisis, WHAT THE HELL!

And rant over, again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancing_shoes92)
    Oooh my application is now sent! How can I get my log in number without the welcome letter? I want to see it in all its shiny official glory!
    My personal ID for my application is the same as my track number.

ReputationRep:
    How many days are people giving for interview prep? I have an interview in two weeks. I've got non-stop essay deadlines up till then and I'm trying to get them done before thinking about the interview but worry I won't have much time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oooh my application is now sent! How can I get my log in number without the welcome letter? I want to see it in all its shiny official glory!
    If you go onto ucas and go to the track application - you can click on forgot log on details and it sends you three emails: one for your ID Number; one for your password; one for your user name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starryeyedkid)
    Just got an email from Worcester saying I have an interview this Monday however I'm having slight issues over flights from N.Ireland and accommodation so last minute, so I don't know if I'm going to have to explain to the university about the flights issue and see about possibly re-arranging the interview. I really don't want to rearrange and be a pain but I don't know what to do
    Same scenario for me...only for Edge Hill. Too risky trying to fly over on the day and getting train etc before 13:00. Just going to have to take the hit and fork out the extra cash haha...it's times like these I wish I lived on the mainland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    I've applied for secondary English, so competitive but I'm reasonably confident, though the wait for my academic reference is distressing me a bit!

What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Secondary MFL. It is supposed to be a shortage subject so I hope I don't have much competition. ^^

I am waiting for my academic referee as well. I sent the reference requests last night.

ReputationRep:
    Interview tomorrow....
    I think nerves are kickin in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR26)
    If you go onto ucas and go to the track application - you can click on forgot log on details and it sends you three emails: one for your ID Number; one for your password; one for your user name
    Thanks, can I do this as soon as my application is sent off or do I have to wait for a while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rso101)
    I've applied for Bath Spa as well, for early years. I haven't heard anything from any of mine, not even an email acknowledgement. It's not even been a week yet and I'm already a nervous wreck, especially as so many people are getting interviews. My other places are UWE and Somerset SCITT.
    I've applied to Bath Spa and UWE too (also Wiltshire SCITT) and have only had an acknowledgement from UWE so I'm sure yours will be on your way! I live in Bath so Bath Spa would be pretty ideal!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, can I do this as soon as my application is sent off or do I have to wait for a while?
    Works straight away I think I tried the next day though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hllovt)
    Has anyone heard anything from Bath Spa for the 7-11 Primary PGCE yet? The wait is agonising!
    I've applied for that course too - haven't heard anything yet x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiebath12)
    I've applied to Bath Spa and UWE too (also Wiltshire SCITT) and have only had an acknowledgement from UWE so I'm sure yours will be on your way! I live in Bath so Bath Spa would be pretty ideal!
    i have been to bath once. Nice place. It needs to make some public baths roman still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiebath12)
    I've applied for that course too - haven't heard anything yet x

I just saw your other post- I applied for UWE too! They are the only one I have had any acknowledgement from though! I hope it's soon!! When did you summit your application? Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squoosh25)
    On my track it says I have an interview from Oxford. However, I've not received an email, and have no indication of when this interview is. Should I phone UCAS, or will details come later?
    Is that Oxford or Oxford Brookes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I haven't yet, waiting on my final reference. She said it would definitely be done today and I sent a reminder text this morning but still nothing... :-/
    Ohh how annoying…I had loads of problems with my first reference - she even sent me a really ****ty email saying she was losing patience with the ucas system and was very busy etc implying she wasn't going to do it for me…half an hour later I have her reference. So try not to worry and as hard as it is, just be patient. It'll fall into place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    Think I might do a search of courses and school direct which haven't opened yet, as potential back up.

Today I have called the faculty at the university and my supervisor with no reply. I still have no reply to emails sent monday and Tuesday.

Today I was at work, but rang both uni and refer about 10/15 times in total on my breaks... I've left a message asking if he got my emails, as I am worried and don't want to miss out, but it appears he (and seemingly the whole department) are out of office. I think I have driven my colleagues up the wall! My assistant manager at work has offered to write me a reference, but it is my academic reference I'm waiting on, and I think it will look bad on my application if I don't have that...

I am now torn between thinking I should be guilty incase my referee is facing some crisis whilst I nag him, and thinking, if he's not facing crisis, WHAT THE HELL!

And rant over, again....
    Yeah I've booked one of my skills tests for Friday so I sent another (polite!) email out to my reference saying I know that she's busy and I'm really sorry to bother her... but I now need to rearrange my skills test. I've asked her when she might have it done so that I can book them for around then, but she (obviously) hasn't replied yet. Fingers crossed for an update tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody that has applied to Greenwich for Primary PGCE heard back yet. or Middlesex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    Has anyone else applied to Greenwich?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've applied, but yet to hear anything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.