Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    the newsletter kinda confused me. so are they still giving out 500-550 offers and 100 waiting lists? or does that mean that they're going to do only 400-450 offers and 100 on the waiting list?

ReputationRep:
    That was close to heart attack! What were they thinking??? ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a sign that decisions are going to be sent out very very soon :|

ReputationRep:
    I just received the letter too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    This sums up exactly my thoughts. My heart literally stopped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry just received it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this a generic newsletter that they send every year? I mean do they put 100 students on waiting list every year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was it only me who took the newsletter as a rejection? I ended up dying for 30mins telling all my family and then I came on student room. Thank God for student room otherwise I would have thought it was a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_smith969)
    Was it only me who took the newsletter as a rejection? I ended up crying for 30mins telling all my family and then I came on student room. Thank God for student room otherwise I would have thought it was a rejection.
    Hahaha did you actually cry? I was on the students room and saw the students talking about newsletter so when I received it I didn't take it as a rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my good god just opened the newsletter and my heart absolutely sank until I realised it wasn't a rejection. Why do they do this sort of thing to us?! We're edgy enough as it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah_blah2345)
    Maybe or maybe not. It's just a waiting game now . Btw has anyone got offers from other med schools or is Bart the only hope...
    I have an offer from Newcastle but I'm really curious as to how well my interview went.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimina)
    I have an offer from Newcastle but I'm really curious as to how well my interview went.
    Exactly the same! Hopefully see you next year at Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia2908)
    the newsletter kinda confused me. so are they still giving out 500-550 offers and 100 waiting lists? or does that mean that they're going to do only 400-450 offers and 100 on the waiting list?
    It is unlikely that they will give 500-550 offers especially if they have to reduce the number of offers they have to give out this year prevent an over-subscription. It is more likely it will be 400-450 offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... no newsletter

ReputationRep:
    When do you guys think they are going to start answering? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatiana11)
    When do you guys think they are going to start answering? :confused:
    At the end of my interview in Jan I got told end of March. Have been relatively calm with the wait so far but now I'm starting to get edgy haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boss-man)
    It is unlikely that they will give 500-550 offers especially if they have to reduce the number of offers they have to give out this year prevent an over-subscription. It is more likely it will be 400-450 offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they probably give offers around that range. Because 60% of a level students don't meet their predictions plus seeing as this year there will be no Jan exams even more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah_blah2345)
    I think they probably give offers around that range. Because 60% of a level students don't meet their predictions plus seeing as this year there will be no Jan exams even more...
    So do u think they will still give 500-550 offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    So do u think they will still give 500-550 offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think more closer to the 500 than 550.

ReputationRep:
    that newsletter gave me a fright.

ReputationRep:
    yes, oh dear! Heart skipped a beat

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.