Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Didn't remember what it's kike to be top of the championship, it's a good feeling though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squidgyness)
    Didn't remember what it's kike to be top of the championship, it's a good feeling though
    Please tell me that was intentional :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd take Boro back in the PL tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Please tell me that was intentional :lol:
    Haha, wish I could say it was best unintentional spelling mistake ever!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great win for Bolton at home to Fulham after the weekend's thrashing at Derby, incidentally. Give them a full pre-season under Lennon and they have to be favourites to reach the top six you'd think.

I don't even care that we lost last night. Has everyone seen the rumours going around about Warburton's future with us? A really bizarre Times article came out yesterday morning reporting that we've put measures in place to replace Warburton at the end of the season and that we've been in touch with Rayo Vallecano about Paco Jemez who has allegedly agreed to join us. The article didn't provide proof of anything and asserted that Warburton was confused and angry but didn't have any quotes. At first I dismissed it as lazy journalism now that we're showing that we're a good club and we're worth talking about.

But then the club released a baffling press statement saying only that "Warburton remains our manager" and that "we are planning for every eventuality". A few hours later Tony Fernandez tweeted that he'd found his dream manager for QPR and then retweeted someone who said "It'll be some big name on their last pay packet. What we need is an up and coming young English manager". The odds on Warburton being next QPR boss were slashed from 40/1 to 5/2 in the next few hours.

This rumour almost certainly came from our forum. Someone posted a link to a tweet from Spain that Brentford have been over there talking to Paco Jemez and then there was a discussion about the fact that Warburton's only ever had a 12 month rolling contract with us (his terms).

Everything points to Warburton going to QPR. I reckon he's been honest with our owner, Matthew Benham, about his intentions, so Benham has been looking for a top class replacement on the down low in the meantime. I just hope that Warburton is going to see his contract out and then this bloke will come in. He sounds great: http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/jq...-Jemez-at-Rayo

I really hope he's not off to QPR immediately. I'd much rather he was planning on getting a big job at the end of the season. Going to QPR makes no sense. We'll probably be in the same division next season and we've got an owner who'll put out all the stops for Warburton, allow him to maintain his preferred youth and scouting systems and he has momentum here. At QPR his brief will probably be the same as Redknapp's when he took over: Get us back into the PL next season. Taking the job just after the transfer window closes is mental if that's what he's decided to do. I'll miss him

ReputationRep:
    I'd have taken a draw at Bournemouth last night but Derby probably should have won in the end. Great game though.
    COYR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    I'd have taken a draw at Bournemouth last night but Derby probably should have won in the end. Great game though.
    COYR
    Another Derby fan....sweet!

But yeah, I found myself a bit disappointed today. After Bent's equaliser, they were on the ropes. It looked like they then settled for a point and we were the only team that would go on to grab a winner. Shame we didn't.

ReputationRep:
    One game away till Wembley!! EXCITED!!!....and nervous
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Gudjohnsen's goal last night rolled back the years.

ReputationRep:
    Paul Lambert goes. Hmm, so if Villa survive, I eat my words! (again)

Oh, just seen a BBC London News report: Leyton Orient are the subject of an Italian "win a football contract" reality show. That will really help the fans very much(!) or their fight for survival. With League Two imminent, they should hire Paolo Di Canio as their manager, after all, he promoted Swindon Town at the first attempt...

ReputationRep:
    Beginning to see us going up under autos now.

ReputationRep:
    Up to 12th, we'll slip a few places after the mid-week games, but wow, I did not predict to slide in the top half of the table a couple of weeks ago. Really emphasises the unpredictable nature of this league.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great game at the Macron yesterday.

And Chelsea reportedly targeting Callum Wilson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Great game at the Macron yesterday.

And Chelsea reportedly targeting Callum Wilson.
    There were certainly some cracking games yesterday.

Callum Wilson is good but he's not that good. I agree he's Prem quality but I imagine a mid-table team at best.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There were certainly some cracking games yesterday.

Callum Wilson is good but he's not that good. I agree he's Prem quality but I imagine a mid-table team at best.
    He'll become another Beckford imo.

ReputationRep:
    15 goals in 5 games Bolton have conceded now. Little bit worrying, nullified by the fact that we are scoring at will. Hopefully Mills will be back against Forest next weekend, who quite frankly had a stinker at Blackpool on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Wigan defender Juan Carlos Garcia has been diagnosed with a form of leukaemia, the club has announced.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...rcia-leukaemia

Hoping he makes a full & speedy recovery

ReputationRep:
    Wigan defender Juan Carlos Garcia has been diagnosed with a form of leukaemia, the club has announced.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...rcia-leukaemia

Hoping he makes a full & speedy recovery
    Wish him all the best!!

------------------------------------------

Home-tie with Farnborough tomorrow, but I'm still thinking about the semi-final this weekend. Excited and bricking-it all at once :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Karanka looks like such a Bond villain. Only realised yesterday during their match with Arsenal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.