Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G.Hailstone)
    Have you already done your A levels, like on a gap year? Yeah I'm straight economics L100
    Yeah I completed my A levels in 2012 and spent two years at Warwick doing Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paddy444)
    Hey guys, I'm new at this so I may make a couple mistakes in my first post, people seem to start by stating their grades, their uni choices and offers pending and received

For GCSE's I got 6 A*'s, 2 A's 1 B and 1 C (French, hated that subject beyond belief)
    For AS levels I received AAAAB (Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Economics and the B in Hist)
    For A2 levels I received A*A*A (The A being in physics)

Average module score for A2 Maths = 92
    Average module score for A2 Economics = 93
    Average module score for A2 Physics = 85 (around this number, can't find my exact UMS scores at this moment).

I have applied for Economics at Warwick, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol and Durham. At the moment I have an unconditional offer from Bath, Bristol and Durham, I had an interview at Cambridge however my application was unsuccessful in the end. The only university I'm waiting on is Warwick. I was rejected from Warwick last year (which I was quite disappointed with). However I'm starting to get really nervous because the course at Warwick looks fantastic and the reputation for being great at Economics is great also. However I know they take a very long time to make their mind. Last year when I was rejected I believe it was in late March or early April...
    Congrats on your current offers, how come Warwick rejected you last year?? Quite surprising considering your A level success.

ReputationRep:
    A*AA offer from Bath!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyushU)
    A*AA offer from Bath!
    Congratulations! You going to firm/insurance it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayowapops)
    Any one got offers from Loughborough or Sheffield
    Yeah, got an offer from Sheffield for AAB

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for ucl econ w/year abroad this morning! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Cambridge and three rejections from Warwick. This is not how I pictured things would turn out!!😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aditkulkarni)
    Congrats on your current offers, how come Warwick rejected you last year?? Quite surprising considering your A level success.
    GCSEs/PS probably. I doubt his reference was bad.

(Original post by RuairiJH)
    Got an offer for Cambridge and three rejections from Warwick. This is not how I pictured things would turn out!!😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You applied to Warwick 3 times?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonaldWilsonian)
    Got an offer for ucl econ w/year abroad this morning! Anyone else?
    I'm so jealous, congratulations!!!!! When did you apply? Also what are your stats like GCSEs as and predictions for your subjects??

Well done again 😊

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice, what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Cambridge and three rejections from Warwick. This is not how I pictured things would turn out!!������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratu...dolences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    I'm so jealous, congratulations!!!!! When did you apply? Also what are your stats like GCSEs as and predictions for your subjects??

Well done again
    6th October! 8A* 3As GCSE, 4A at AS and 3A*1A(FM) predicted. Thanks mate, good luck with all your choices!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the 22nd April LSE offer day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAthwal1)
    Congratulations! You going to firm/insurance it?
    Yes, I'm going to firm it and insurance QMUL or Surrey( if I receive an offer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmelinelu)
    Anyone going to the 22nd April LSE offer day?
    Yeh I am, ages away though lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any offers for warwick economics yet? If so what are your stats like

ReputationRep:
    UCL L101 w/ year abroad offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dstunr)
    Anyone got any offers for warwick economics yet? If so what are your stats like
    Yep I got an offer in November applied in October with 9A*s & an A at GCSE 4As and a B at AS and 4A* prediction at A2
    (Original post by morale_boost)
    UCL L101 w/ year abroad offer!
    Congrats! is that going to be your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)

Congrats! is that going to be your firm?
    Thanks,

I'm gonna go to the open day and see what the chances are of me going to my preferred American uni (Columbia/UCLA) in the third year and then make a decision, but I'm pretty sure I'll be firming it yeah

Congratulations on Cambridge btw, really well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morale_boost)
    Thanks,

I'm gonna go to the open day and see what the chances are of me going to my preferred American uni (Columbia/UCLA) in the third year and then make a decision, but I'm pretty sure I'll be firming it yeah

Congratulations on Cambridge btw, really well done!
    Thanks
    A year abroad would be so good, like that'd be such a good time, did you apply for year abroads anywhere else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.