Count to a MINUS million and be the first forum to do it! Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkteddyx64)
    Yep, and bring back that blue colour scheme they had and all the really cool versions of emoticons plus the yawn, sleep and rolleyes emoticons. We could then amalgamate TBAAJ forums with it, but then drop the Digital Spy name, and use the TBAAJ name instead, and rename DS Forum Support to "Your Friendly & Loving TBAAJ Community Leader". We would then apologize on behalf of the "old" DS Forum Support for the years of fascism, then unban everyone who got unfairly banned, and ban stupidwheelie, phylo_roadking etc.

-2619. :mad:
    That certainly sounds like a good plan! :grin:

So, would the merged forum be named as "DS Forums" or "The Brits Are A Joke forums"?

Further, could we have it so that it ran vBulletin, as I prefer that to phpBB?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    That certainly sounds like a good plan! :grin:

So, would the merged forum be named as "DS Forums" or "The Brits Are A Joke forums"?

Further, could we have it so that it ran vBulletin, as I prefer that to phpBB?

"and use the TBAAJ name instead" means that the DS name would be completely abolished, and it wouldn't run even vBulletin, it would run XenForo, which is supposedly superior to both phpBB or vBulletin, but I would make sure that the vBulletin emoticons, plus all of the extra ones I have on my forum currently would be there instead of the XenForo style ones.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkteddyx64)
    "and use the TBAAJ name instead" means that the DS name would be completely abolished, and it wouldn't run even vBulletin, it would run XenForo, which is supposedly superior to both phpBB or vBulletin, but I would make sure that the vBulletin emoticons, plus all of the extra ones I have on my forum currently would be there instead of the XenForo style ones.

Okay thanks for the explanation.

XenForo? Never even heard of it! Does it have some of the vB features, like post counts, and "who posted" tables? as these are necessary for CTAM and CTAMM

I take it, we would have ALL of the TBAAJ ones, with all of the TSR ones too? (apart from TSR specific ones)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Okay thanks for the explanation.

XenForo? Never even heard of it! Does it have some of the vB features, like post counts, and "who posted" tables? as these are necessary for CTAM and CTAMM

I take it, we would have ALL of the TBAAJ ones, with all of the TSR ones too? (apart from TSR specific ones)

Yes, it does have those features, plus many, many more besides!

And to your last question, yes!

-2660. :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.