Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 26december)
    So annoyed at myself for that - every past paper I've divided by 2 when needed to but I think I was just so happy with how the exam was going that it just went totally over my head

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it will probably be error carried forward so you'll only probably lose 1/2 marks

ReputationRep:
    paper wasnt too hard, pretty normal for CHEM5, i would say it was as easy as last years.]
    But i made a ton of little mistakes,
    firstly i only put Zn (not H + , acid consition ) + just blue ( didnt put solution ) for the CR2+ Q.
    for the H cell, i didnt put any electrons in the half equation, just forgot in the mist of the exam ... not idea why since im great at these,
    for the Question from NA-P, i put P and S. I did both forming into acid, i got P wrong IMO, didnt recheck teh Q and put S down as well... do i lose marks for that ?
    i put p4010 + 6h2o ----> 4HPO4 + 2 H+ , i knew it was wrong since the oxi numbers didnt add up on HPO4, but in later Q it said HPO4 was an acid, so i was conflicted, so didnt put H3PO4, and put HPO4 ( didnt even put the fing charge ) thouhght if i put S down ill get the hard, but yurns out you cant do S, so i have both.
    floped the born-harber, didnt double some numbers, since there were 2 K ..... silly mistake, should have known better.
    Put teh wrong sing for enthropy, made it + not - .

might have got some more Q's wrong. didnt do the calculation for the purity, since i always get those wrong, after chem4, i wasnt willing to waste time. Also had the wrong equation, made C204- = co2, instead of CO, even though i knew full well it was CO,... but co2 was easier to worth with .

overall might get a B or a C.. made a ton of silly mistakes. With my horrible CHEM4, im either getting a C best case, or D worse.... fun 2 years of chem

ReputationRep:
    whats this about dividing by two?? when have you ever needed to do that in the past?? hat questions did you need to do it on???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent R5)
    In the previous paper where u had to divide it by 2 the question for delta H and delta S were both worth 3marks but today they were both worth 2marks each so I don't think you have to divide it by 2
    Didn't the question say find delta S and delta H for THIS reaction. Meaning they were asking for values for the exact equation they gave ???

Im not sure as i cant remember the question exactly.

ReputationRep:
    What was born haber labelling were the bottom two the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahmollie98)
    The reactiom was endothermic so the reverse argument.
    Almost certain it was -155kJmol-1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Yep, hopefully boundaries for unit 5 will stay roughly same. I need an A* in this paper atleast to make up for chem 4, Or else I will have to resit next year 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trust me, avoid having to resit during your gap year at all costs 😂

Last exam tomorrow and then I'm free :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    I genuinely don't know. I find chem5 easier than chem4. If I was estimating:

67/68 - B
    76/78 - A
    83/85 - A*
    Looking good 🙌, would that mean roughly 92/93 for full UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl :D)
    any one doing biology5 tomorrow
    meee! I have heard some rumours about what the 25 essay is abbout, they say that the essay will be about proteins but i am not sure, do you know something about this? (sorry for my English)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    paper wasnt too hard, pretty normal for CHEM5, i would say it was as easy as last years.]
    firstly i only put Zn (not H + , acid consition ) + just blue ( didnt put solution ) for the CR2+ Q.
    for the H cell, i didnt put any electrons in the half equation, just forgot in the mist of the exam ... not idea why since im great at these,
    for the Question from NA-P, i put P and S. I did both forming into acid, i got P wrong IMO, didnt recheck teh Q and put S down as well... do i lose marks for that ?
    i put p4010 + 6h2o ----> 4HPO4 + 2 H+ , i knew it was wrong since the oxi numbers didnt add up on HPO4, but in later Q it said HPO4 was an acid, so i was conflicted, so didnt put H3PO4, and put HPO4 ( didnt even put the fing charge ) thouhght if i put S down ill get the hard, but yurns out you cant do S, so i have both.
    floped the born-harber, didnt double some numbers, since there were 2 K ..... silly mistake, should have known better.

might have got some more Q's wrong. didnt do the calculation for the purity, since i always get those wrong, after chem4, i wasnt willing to waste time. Also had the wrong equation, made C204- = co2, instead of CO, even though i knew full well it was CO,... but co2 was easier to worth with .

overall might get a B or a C.. made a ton of silly mistakes. With my horrible CHEM4, im either getting a C best case, or D worse.... fun 2 years of chem
    The CO2 bit is correct
    The equation is
    2Mno4- + 5C2O4- + 16H+ = 2Mn2+ and 10CO2 + 8H2O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mario64)
    Finally someone else who did the same as me! Do u think we are right or the others are?
    There seems to be nobody that did the same as us, so maybe we ****ed up?

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, I said the forward reaction is exothermic for the 3 mark question at the bottom, because my solution enthalpy calculated was exothermic. Would that be CE=0 or could I still potentially get a mark from it?

ReputationRep:

U..... are...... not ..... alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frivolousfretter)
    Whoops, I said the forward reaction is exothermic for the 3 mark question at the bottom, because my solution enthalpy calculated was exothermic. Would that be CE=0 or could I still potentially get a mark from it?
    you are correct.

ReputationRep:

C2O4 ---> CO2 +2e should work mate, it's a valid 1/2 equation

well done anyway. look out for unofficial markscheme if you care but keep your head down and focus on the next exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSpanishGuy)
    meee! I have heard some rumours about what the 25 essay is abbout, they say that the essay will be about proteins but i am not sure, do you know something about this? (sorry for my English)
    omd no i didn't hear anything. where did u hear this? i thought that it might be on ATP
    gud luk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssamarai)
    you are correct.
    Oh right, really?! I calculated a negative solution enthalpy and so do did I apply that correctly then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Trust me, avoid having to resit during your gap year at all costs 😂

Last exam tomorrow and then I'm free :3
    Why not resit? I'm planning to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahC-H)
    3 or 4 I'd say
    Max 2. it was a 7 marker but therewas like 3 marks for the first 2 bits. Because you got the moles and equations right youd only lose 2

ReputationRep:
    Would Zn/HNO3, blue be acceptable answers for that Cr2+ question? Didn't put solution and just guessed the acid

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.