FireFreezers Thread Of Randomness!!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    oh my, how i love randomness!
    hopefully i'll be productive enough today and finish all the work i've set out to do
    oh and i'm tagging UWS in the hope that he's gonna crack a good joke
    I don't have any jokes right now but here's a gif of a dog with swag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    aww idk why but i was expecting sth ...monumental=))))
    but yea that dog does have swag

ReputationRep:
    Here's a random joke :

Spoiler:
    Show
    No offence to Trump supporters intended

ReputationRep:
    AngryRedhead Here's your image of moi!
    CheeseIsVeg Matrix123 FrenchUnicorn You may look too!
    Sorry for what youre about to see. Im so unphotogenic!

Spoiler:
    Show

Damn tsr made it sideways again!
    Name:  WP_20160922_18_08_49_Rich.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  547.5 KB
    I Hope y'all appreciate this image! Didnt realize my flash was on! My eyes hurt now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)

Spoiler:
    Show

I Hope y'all appreciate this image! Didnt realize my flash was on! My eyes hurt now!
    Man you're an attractive guy, why you don't have any confidence? You should be proud of your good looks sir! This is coming from a straight guy as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm more unphotogenic - I don't take pictures
    how are you? Its been long and busy, we've not talked much :hugs:Hope you had a good day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Man you're an attractive guy, why you don't have any confidence? You should be proud of your good looks sir! This is coming from a straight guy as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl:Still waiting for your image.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow thanks man!
    That's so kind!
    I got called ugly a lot in school and college so it's made me question my looks and hence why I hate them and have no confidence!
    Wow thanks
    I'm amazed that you think I'm good tbh!
    It's rare!

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks FireFreezer

You look nice

ReputationRep:
    FireFreezer77 CheeseIsVeg
    Hi guys
    How are you both??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I'm more unphotogenic - I don't take pictures
    how are you? Its been long and busy, we've not talked much :hugs:Hope you had a good day!
    Nooooo don't say that!!!
    You're beautiful in the image you sent me!

I'm very tired! Was at work by 6:30am! AT WORK!
    Aww well at least you're home now! And you're safe! That's all that matters!
    Indeed we haven't!
    Thanks, it was boring today but had some bacon with a roll (6 rashers of bacon in a baguette!! It was mad!)
    How are you?
    How did it all go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Thanks FireFreezer

You look nice
    No worries!

Aww thanks! I dont but thanks!

Did you get my VM's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Hi guys
    How are you both??
    Hey!!
    Very tired!
    How are you!?

Btw if you want to see me, see the spoiler i posted a few minutes ago!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!
    Very tired!
    How are you!?

Btw if you want to see me, see the spoiler i posted a few minutes ago!
    Aww :hugs:

And im a little hyper and excited to hear the outcome of tomorrow

And just woah.... Dont even apologise. Your a very dapper and attractive guy .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Hi guys
    How are you both??
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=9386 alright

Nooooo don't say that!!!
    You're beautiful in the image you sent me!
    I'm very tired! Was at work by 6:30am! AT WORK!
    Aww well at least you're home now! And you're safe! That's all that matters!
    Indeed we haven't!
    Thanks, it was boring today but had some bacon with a roll (6 rashers of bacon in a baguette!! It was mad!)
    How are you?
    How did it all go?
    That's because the image isn't a good/accurate one. I will have to post another one which shows me more clearly. Then you'd disagree stupid acne breaking out so much rn :cry:
    omg
    poor you! :console:
    i guess so
    XDDDDDDD :rofl:
    Putting my trip to Oxford in this spoiler, it's a big one btw :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    After breakfast we walked to the Chemistry labs (ICL) and we were given 2 lectures.

The first one was sooo good! It was on Chirality and how the shape of molecules was important and ended on some of the department's research (but it was more biology so I sort of didn't really listen to that part, pretty pictures tho )
    The second one started well. Had so much potential!
    We had to identify smells from some chemicals.
    I got 5/6 (3rd best ) the others obviously cheated
    Difference between strong and weak rose smell = wtf m8

But that was interesting - it linked in with the chirality one, but once it got very repetitive I started dozing off (lol I didn't sleep that well the night before ok!) stupid smokers
    We did an experiment for the lecturer though.
    Limonene has an S and R (Chirality ) and we taste tested the difference.
    Lemon vs Orange juice
    I drank the whole of the lemon juice rofl - I am a brave child
    But I actually hate orange juice so I took a sip. Later on in the lecture I took another sip of the Orange juice in an attempt to get me to wake up

After that lecture we went for a tour of the analytical facilities in the new research lab for the > or equal to 4th year Chemistry students. You might've been there idk.
    I've been there before and I recognised a lot of it ( I went on a tour with my Dad last September )

First we were shown X-Ray Crystallography. This was the technique I knew the least about (but obvs wikepedia and I'd watched a few podcasts as well ) The dude who talked to us was really good at explaining it and I pretty much understood it all, wished we could've used the machine but oh well

After that, (which overran ) we went to a talk about NMR Spec - we studied a bit of this at the end of last year (July) and I'd been to a talk at Durham Uni all about it so I knew a lot about it
    So I answered all her questions correctly all them other students like wut
    She went into a bit more detail about the Computer/Data logger system which I knew little about. I identified Ibuprofen from the spectrum tho
    Also she talked about Carbon (at school we only did Proton NMR (hydrogens )) so that was awesome!
    C-14 and Phosphorus 31 and N-15 i believe all show the spin characteristics to be able to be used in their machines at Oxford = pretty cool
    Then the final talk there was on Mass Spec which was part of the AS spec. We were running v late by then so the talk was quick and easy. Only 1 question was answered, what group was m/z = 15, to which i answered CH3 correctly

Give me a place bâtards

Then we went to the University Parks for lunch, passing your shiny glass building in the process

They gave us packed lunches back at Hughs - posh crisps, water and cheap sandwiches and a cookie thing (chocolate chips were ok- actual biscuit > average, lidl do it better )

Then we went to the Physical Chemistry labs and did some practical work on identifying an inorganic and organic compound from a mixture.
    We were given Mixture 1 and had to identify both parts.

First we did a Vacuum filtration (I'd done one before as we did an Aspirin project last summer at college before breaking up ), this separated the organic part (the solution) and the inorganic part (the solid on the filter paper )
    My pals (Natalie and Natasha - if I remember correctly (yes I made friends stop acting so surprised )) did a flame test whilst I got cracking on crystallising the organic solution and then using that to put into an IR machine

People seemed to be surprised when I told then @my college we have a tiny IR machine (used to see if our aspirin was pure (ours was pure thanku v much ) anyway!
    The undergrad student who was there helped me put some of the organic crystals on and then we obtained a spectrum which was printed off, I still have it with me now

Then I conducted a TLC (thin layer Chromatograph) for the organic one again - (i acc love tlc) and yup done that before on apirin project
    #SoPro
    Then we put it under UV, the usual

Ours was very good.

Flame test turned out to show Sodium as the metal ion and after we did our NMR (put it in the machine as a solution - we're getting emailed the results ), then we did melting point (yup done this on aspirin project you get the picture lol),
    I HATE PUTTING THE SOLID IN THOSE TINY TUBES
    LIKE WTFFFFFFFF

so that took ages but finally I did it and the melting point was ~158 degrees although I wasn't supervising and think they were slightly off tbh

It was very easy to identify what our mixture was after all this data.
    We were given 4 possible organic and inorganic compounds which our mixture could've been
    Ours was Sodium nitrate + compound 4

Compound 4 had a melting point of 169 degrees (hence why I believe our melting point was off but it was closer via mathematical observation to 4 than the other compounds ) then the IR of compound 4 was literally identical to ours so that was easy
    Sodium because of the flame test

Really enjoyed that practical session - practical chemistry is the best!
    Still - no titrations

After that, we went to some Chemistry lecture room in that Physical Chemistry building, a relatively new one too, apparently the Abbots Kitchen was booked so we couldn't go there
    But I'd been there before so

We had a Q and A and then a mock interview session, a volunteer (called Ethan) (He had v curly hair lol) () was interviewed by the admissions tutor with us (one from St Hughs) and when he got stuck we all chipped in!

He started really badly he did empirical formula instead of displayed formula so me and my 2 friends did it on paper and got the answers before him
    Then he was asked some questions on chirality which were hard but he got through them well by asking lots of questions and stuff.

Then we were given certificates and I went for my train

It was good fun

Short novella by Cheese - hope you enjoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :yy:
    Very well said
    Matrix owes UWS a rep:yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Oooh
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lovely picture Freezer! Was this taken today? Nice shirt - goes well with your eyes me thinks (Still not as good as the other shirt but still nice! ). Your hair looks very nice too! Do you often do it like that?
    Great picture, thanks for tagging

(P.S. I see what you meant about the grey and black scheme of your room! They do go together well :yep:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    :yy:
    Very well said
    Matrix owes UWS a rep:yep:

Oooh
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Lovely picture Freezer! Was this taken today? Nice shirt - goes well with your eyes me thinks (Still not as good as the other shirt but still nice! ). Your hair looks very nice too! Do you often do it like that?
    Great picture, thanks for tagging

(P.S. I see what you meant about the grey and black scheme of your room! They do go together well :yep:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aww Thankyou!
    Yup! It was taken around 2 minutes before upload! Someone requested another image of me (dw I got some of them in return! ) so I did one!
    That's with my new camera on my phone (20 megapixels!) so it's an accurate image!
    Took loads before with the front camera and hated them all!
    Then took his one, blinded myself accidentally, and liked it!
    Thankyou! (it was the only one I had this morning But yeah it's not my personal fav either)
    Aw Thankyou! Yeah I do it like that everyday for work! But not at the weekends unless I'm going out for a special occasion or something!
    Aw Thankyou! No worries!

(Hehe it's nice isn't it! That's all my design! Thankyou! )
    You can shorten that if you like!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=9386 alright

That's because the image isn't a good/accurate one. I will have to post another one which shows me more clearly. Then you'd disagree stupid acne breaking out so much rn :cry:
    omg
    poor you! :console:
    i guess so
    XDDDDDDD :rofl:
    Putting my trip to Oxford in this spoiler, it's a big one btw :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    After breakfast we walked to the Chemistry labs (ICL) and we were given 2 lectures.

The first one was sooo good! It was on Chirality and how the shape of molecules was important and ended on some of the department's research (but it was more biology so I sort of didn't really listen to that part, pretty pictures tho )
    The second one started well. Had so much potential!
    We had to identify smells from some chemicals.
    I got 5/6 (3rd best ) the others obviously cheated
    Difference between strong and weak rose smell = wtf m8

But that was interesting - it linked in with the chirality one, but once it got very repetitive I started dozing off (lol I didn't sleep that well the night before ok!) stupid smokers
    We did an experiment for the lecturer though.
    Limonene has an S and R (Chirality ) and we taste tested the difference.
    Lemon vs Orange juice
    I drank the whole of the lemon juice rofl - I am a brave child
    But I actually hate orange juice so I took a sip. Later on in the lecture I took another sip of the Orange juice in an attempt to get me to wake up

After that lecture we went for a tour of the analytical facilities in the new research lab for the > or equal to 4th year Chemistry students. You might've been there idk.
    I've been there before and I recognised a lot of it ( I went on a tour with my Dad last September )

First we were shown X-Ray Crystallography. This was the technique I knew the least about (but obvs wikepedia and I'd watched a few podcasts as well ) The dude who talked to us was really good at explaining it and I pretty much understood it all, wished we could've used the machine but oh well

After that, (which overran ) we went to a talk about NMR Spec - we studied a bit of this at the end of last year (July) and I'd been to a talk at Durham Uni all about it so I knew a lot about it
    So I answered all her questions correctly all them other students like wut
    She went into a bit more detail about the Computer/Data logger system which I knew little about. I identified Ibuprofen from the spectrum tho
    Also she talked about Carbon (at school we only did Proton NMR (hydrogens )) so that was awesome!
    C-14 and Phosphorus 31 and N-15 i believe all show the spin characteristics to be able to be used in their machines at Oxford = pretty cool
    Then the final talk there was on Mass Spec which was part of the AS spec. We were running v late by then so the talk was quick and easy. Only 1 question was answered, what group was m/z = 15, to which i answered CH3 correctly

Give me a place bâtards

Then we went to the University Parks for lunch, passing your shiny glass building in the process

They gave us packed lunches back at Hughs - posh crisps, water and cheap sandwiches and a cookie thing (chocolate chips were ok- actual biscuit > average, lidl do it better )

Then we went to the Physical Chemistry labs and did some practical work on identifying an inorganic and organic compound from a mixture.
    We were given Mixture 1 and had to identify both parts.

First we did a Vacuum filtration (I'd done one before as we did an Aspirin project last summer at college before breaking up ), this separated the organic part (the solution) and the inorganic part (the solid on the filter paper )
    My pals (Natalie and Natasha - if I remember correctly (yes I made friends stop acting so surprised )) did a flame test whilst I got cracking on crystallising the organic solution and then using that to put into an IR machine

People seemed to be surprised when I told then @my college we have a tiny IR machine (used to see if our aspirin was pure (ours was pure thanku v much ) anyway!
    The undergrad student who was there helped me put some of the organic crystals on and then we obtained a spectrum which was printed off, I still have it with me now

Then I conducted a TLC (thin layer Chromatograph) for the organic one again - (i acc love tlc) and yup done that before on apirin project
    #SoPro
    Then we put it under UV, the usual

Ours was very good.

Flame test turned out to show Sodium as the metal ion and after we did our NMR (put it in the machine as a solution - we're getting emailed the results ), then we did melting point (yup done this on aspirin project you get the picture lol),
    I HATE PUTTING THE SOLID IN THOSE TINY TUBES
    LIKE WTFFFFFFFF

so that took ages but finally I did it and the melting point was ~158 degrees although I wasn't supervising and think they were slightly off tbh

It was very easy to identify what our mixture was after all this data.
    We were given 4 possible organic and inorganic compounds which our mixture could've been
    Ours was Sodium nitrate + compound 4

Compound 4 had a melting point of 169 degrees (hence why I believe our melting point was off but it was closer via mathematical observation to 4 than the other compounds ) then the IR of compound 4 was literally identical to ours so that was easy
    Sodium because of the flame test

Really enjoyed that practical session - practical chemistry is the best!
    Still - no titrations

After that, we went to some Chemistry lecture room in that Physical Chemistry building, a relatively new one too, apparently the Abbots Kitchen was booked so we couldn't go there
    But I'd been there before so

We had a Q and A and then a mock interview session, a volunteer (called Ethan) (He had v curly hair lol) () was interviewed by the admissions tutor with us (one from St Hughs) and when he got stuck we all chipped in!

He started really badly he did empirical formula instead of displayed formula so me and my 2 friends did it on paper and got the answers before him
    Then he was asked some questions on chirality which were hard but he got through them well by asking lots of questions and stuff.

Then we were given certificates and I went for my train

It was good fun

Short novella by Cheese - hope you enjoyed
    Well you're still very pretty in it!
    And I've seen you anyway! So I have an accurate knowledge of how you look! You're beautiful!
    I wouldn't disagree! I spent time with you in person and couldn't believe that you think you're ugly, because you're beautiful!
    So early!
    Indeed!
    It does matter very much!
    DXXXXXXXX
    Whoa that's a long spoiler! :eek:
    Shall read tomorrow when I'm more awake!

ReputationRep:
    Aw!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aww Thankyou!
    Yup! It was taken around 2 minutes before upload! Someone requested another image of me (dw I got some of them in return! ) so I did one!
    That's with my new camera on my phone (20 megapixels!) so it's an accurate image!
    Took loads before with the front camera and hated them all!
    Then took his one, blinded myself accidentally, and liked it!
    Thankyou! (it was the only one I had this morning But yeah it's not my personal fav either)
    Aw Thankyou! Yeah I do it like that everyday for work! But not at the weekends unless I'm going out for a special occasion or something!
    Aw Thankyou! No worries!

(Hehe it's nice isn't it! That's all my design! Thankyou! )
    You can shorten that if you like!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No worries! Oooh I see! Haha nice!
    (Ohh fair enough )
    Ooh well it's very nice! :yep:

(It is! )
    Ohh dear, my reply is lots shorter than yours :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.