Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Both years i sent it on 15th and the next working day got wariwck offers both times iirc. Or a few working days.
    lol yea I doubt Warwick even checked half my application cus they did the offer on like the 25th september

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    If you would feel bad having got 2,1 or 2,S then just imagine how the person with U, 3 in STEP II and III felt. (page 2, row 64: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...TEP%20data.pdf)
    What college is that for

ReputationRep:
    Is that trinity ?
    Quite a few 1,1 and S,1 were rejected, wow.
    Then someone sith U,3 got in.
    Wow, just wow.
    (Original post by newblood)
    What college is that for
    It's Trinity.

ReputationRep:
    Peak on the guy who got rejected with 1S off an SS offer. Wtf are they mad to then let in a U3. Probably the masters daughter/son or something

ReputationRep:
    Peak on the guy who got rejected with 1S off an SS offer. Wtf are they mad to then let in a U3. Probably the masters daughter/son or something
    Ikr U3 and they rejected so many with 11 ****ing stupid.
    In what world is U3 trumping 11

(Original post by BioOx)
    A question for Cambridge offer holders!

When did you send your UCAS form and when did you receive your first offer (from which uni?)
    I sent mine off in early October and York offered me a place for biochem on the 20th of the same month

ReputationRep:
    Lol and some guy with a 11 offer got 11 but rejected. What a diss

In a world where money and connections rules everything

Their dad probably promised them a donation of a few million. I mean, how else are Trinity so wealthy?

ReputationRep:

idk, i hope it was one of those extenuating circumstances situations where they are quite forgiving of some bad situation they are in. but still id have a breakdown or somehting if i got an S and was rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Lol and some guy with a 11 offer got 11 but rejected. What a diss
    Thats what happens when u apply to trinity blud haha.

ReputationRep:
    I think that datas got to be ****ed up. Someone with 11 offer, gets 1S and then is summerpooled.

That datas probably misaligned by a row or something trust me

ReputationRep:
    I think that datas got to be ****ed up. Someone with 11 offer, gets 1S and then is summerpooled.

That datas probably misaligned by a row or something trust me
    A levels remember

Maybe some extenuating circumstances (lost both hands before sat the exam?), or positive action (maybe it was a retired black lesbian transgender...?), or connections.

ReputationRep:
    It begs the question as to why someone with
    U3 is put in the summerpool and I wasn't with 1,3.
    What a load of ******** honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    idk, i hope it was one of those extenuating circumstances situations where they are quite forgiving of some bad situation they are in. but still id have a breakdown or somehting if i got an S and was rejected.
    Seriously a U well i mean idk.
    Either this oerson got a gold at the IMO or some dos picked him out cause he knew them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    In a world where money and connections rules everything

Their dad probably promised them a donation of a few million. I mean, how else are Trinity so wealthy?
    They originally received an offer from Trinity but it was Peterhouse who let them in through the summer pool. (page 7: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...and%20data.pdf)

Just remember folks, no one piece of information is ever considered in isolation and no particular weighting is applied to anything! /s

ReputationRep:
    A levels remember
    Still cambridge always say how alevels dont matter at that stage and its step which is a far far better predictor of success.

Im ashamed I wont lie

ReputationRep:
    Still cambridge always say how alevels dont matter at that stage and its step which is a far far better predictor of success.

Im ashamed I wont lie
    So many sorry to say *****er candidates with 2,2 and 1,3 getting in over kids who got 1,1 and even S,1 it is just ridiculous. Moral of the story don't apply to trinty and make sure you meet ur offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    They originally received an offer from Trinity but it was Peterhouse who let them in through the summer pool. (page 7: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...and%20data.pdf)

Just remember folks, no one piece of information is ever considered in isolation and no particular weighting is applied to anything! /s
    whoevers sending this stuff from FOI is just lazy and making stuff up.

The summerpool figures dont even agree with the Cambridge apply stats. Its all BS

ReputationRep:
    Seriously a U well i mean idk.
    Either this oerson got a gold at the IMO or some dos picked him out cause he knew them.
    yea probably they shouldve asked them to reapply another year, fa. But as a positive that means ull be the one doing supervisions for the 2nd/3rd years who need u to teach them step level counting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.