Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tridianprime)
    I did. I actually did the question that was apparently the hardest (Q2) and the rest of it fine but I have doomed myself to failure by being a complete idiot on Q3 (goodbye 18 marks). FP2 has been my favourite paper all year and for some reason I just did an unbelievably obvious stupid thing (I spent 45 mins on it as well).

Oh well, goodbye A* in FM - if I get rejected because of this and I still make my STEP I will just laugh.

p.s. my mess up in q3 was equating (M-lambda(I))v = lambda*v i.e. finding eigenvector. I have found eigenvectors so many times before and never been so stupid.
    Ah damn that's tough.

I made about 6 or 7 seperate, and rediculously stupid, mistakes. Like I subtracted 1 from 1/2 incorrectly. I also misread 2 different questions, and also didn't have a graphical calculator so had to guess the graph on Q4. I don't even think I got 60/72, and I was here hoping for full UMS. Screw my life

Most people seemed to find it tough those, hopefully grade boundaries won't be as rediculous as last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Ah damn that's tough.

I made about 6 or 7 seperate, and rediculously stupid, mistakes. Like I subtracted 1 from 1/2 incorrectly. I also misread 2 different questions, and also didn't have a graphical calculator so had to guess the graph on Q4. I don't even think I got 60/72, and I was here hoping for full UMS. Screw my life

Most people seemed to find it tough those, hopefully grade boundaries won't be as rediculous as last year.
    I am hoping for a solid 54/72 Might be a B if I am lucky. Yes, I too was expecting to get 72/72. Am I right in thinking FP2 needs to be one of the top 3 modules in FM that contribute to A*?

ReputationRep:
    Might be a B if I am lucky. Yes, I too was expecting to get 72/72. Am I right in thinking FP2 needs to be one of the top 3 modules in FM that contribute to A*?
    AFAIK, for most boards, whilst you need to have at least one of FP2 or 3 in your FM A-Level, they need not contribute towards your A2 score. i.e: you are not right in thinking that.

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping for a solid 54/72 Might be a B if I am lucky. Yes, I too was expecting to get 72/72. Am I right in thinking FP2 needs to be one of the top 3 modules in FM that contribute to A*?
    (Original post by Zacken)
    AFAIK, for most boards, whilst you need to have at least one of FP2 or 3 in your FM A-Level, they need not contribute towards your A2 score. i.e: you are not right in thinking that.
    Zacken is right as far as I know, it's best 3 A2 modules. Won't change anything for me though, I could sleep before my D2 exam so I messed that up 10fold what I did today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Ah, I see. Thanks.

Either way, I think it's still unlikely I will get A* considering I am now relying on S2 being a really high A*, which, while possible, just isn't likely.

You know, I don't really like A Levels. They're not my sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Zacken is right as far as I know, it's best 3 A2 modules. Won't change anything for me though, I could sleep before my D2 exam so I messed that up 10fold what I did today.
    I didn't realise anyone actually did D2.

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha yeah it's pretty easy, which makes me more upset that I couldn't sleep.

I is too

And I think physicsmaths is three

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I is too

And I think physicsmaths is three
    Gna be a **** 90 minutes lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    Gna be a **** 90 minutes lol.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, I have done no revision at all for D2... it will almost certainly go in my A-level Maths, which means that I'll need at least (-7) UMS in it.

On the very small chance that it goes into another A-level (i.e. I do 8 or more marks worse in S1 than in D1), I will do some revision on Tuesday evening and Weds morning to maybe scrape a handful of marks

It will indeed be a painful 90 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile my D2 from last year might be part of my A* in FM, if I messed up M2/S2. I feel shame

(Original post by sweeneyrod)
    Meanwhile my D2 from last year might be part of my A* in FM, if I messed up M2/S2. I feel shame
    You did D2 last year? So 1/3 of your modules (inc. D1) were Decision "Maths"? If that had been my introduction to A-level maths, I'd probably have been greatly put off studying maths at Uni!

ReputationRep:
    You did D2 last year? So 1/3 of your modules (inc. D1) were Decision "Maths"? If that had been my introduction to A-level maths, I'd probably have been greatly put off studying maths at Uni!
    It is why he is a compsci

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    It is why he is a compsci
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah... lol

He might even have taken Decision "Maths" by choice then...

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit nightmarish (and my other taught applied module was S1 which is also pretty bad). I've mostly managed to block out the trauma of simplex tableau, though I did have some flashbacks when I looked at a 2nd year Cambridge CompSci paper and saw a flow diagram.

ReputationRep:
    Ah... lol

He might even have taken Decision "Maths" by choice then...
    Urrgh no. Decision isn't maths or computer science, just hours and hours of drawing tables.

It was a bit nightmarish (and my other taught applied module was S1 which is also pretty bad). I've mostly managed to block out the trauma of simplex tableau, though I did have some flashbacks when I looked at a 2nd year Cambridge CompSci paper and saw a flow diagram.
    Ouch... C1,2,3,S1,D1,2 sounds like the worst combination you could do at AS (and still get 2 AS or 1 A2 qualification at the end, of course)

Urrgh no. Decision isn't maths or computer science, just hours and hours of drawing tables.
    Phew, for a moment I was worried!

ReputationRep:
    in 2015 6/16 got accepted with grade 2,2. What could be the possible reason for this ?(extenuating circumstance, high 2,etc)

ReputationRep:
    Ouch... C1,2,3,S1,D1,2 sounds like the worst combination you could do at AS (and still get 2 AS or 1 A2 qualification at the end, of course)
    I had FP1, so at least that was something (and I taught myself M1).

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there are any stats about the number of people who get accepted if they make the STEP offer but not the A Level offer?

Some people seem to say that it is very rare so they do not know - can it really be that rare? I would've thought it happens a fair few times a year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.