Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
:hugs: surely it's up to you, do you feel ready? If you do then they shouldn't stop you going back.
Technically I could be regarded as a "disruptive influence". Hopefully it's nothing, it's just that I thought everything was sorted, and now I have to wait till Tuesday to found out the next twist in the tail. :rolleyes:

How are you today saber? :hugs:
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I don't laugh I am going to cry but my life is slowly washing away down the toilet. Hope you're all ok x
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xemilyx)
If I don't laugh I am going to cry but my life is slowly washing away down the toilet. Hope you're all ok x
:console:

Hi emily, sorry things are going so badly. It honestly won't last forever, but I know that's not much consolation at the moment. Feel free to get on touch of you ever want to talk about anything.

:hugs:
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:console:

Hi emily, sorry things are going so badly. It honestly won't last forever, but I know that's not much consolation at the moment. Feel free to get on touch of you ever want to talk about anything.

:hugs: thanks. How are things with you? Thinking of you x
gooner1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am a complete failure.
I might as well just give up on life.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The mental health people must think I'm pretty crazy, because I have an appointment on Tuesday. Usually there's a four month waiting list... it's not very reassuring that they think I need help as soon as possible. But it is good. Soon I can start getting better.
I wish the same could be said for my physical health - it looks like I may have glandular fever. Feel so washed-out and tired all the time, and I haven't been at school for three days which is making me even more anxious about going back.

Hope everyone else is alright.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
The mental health people must think I'm pretty crazy, because I have an appointment on Tuesday. Usually there's a four month waiting list... it's not very reassuring that they think I need help as soon as possible. But it is good. Soon I can start getting better.
I wish the same could be said for my physical health - it looks like I may have glandular fever. Feel so washed-out and tired all the time, and I haven't been at school for three days which is making me even more anxious about going back.

Hope everyone else is alright.
When i was put to see child and adolescent mental health they said i had months to wait, and i'd prob be 18 (too old) when i do get an appointment, but within weeks i was seen.
Im glad you can see it positively in saying the sooner you can get better, i thought the exact same.

I hope your physical health doesnt worsen and you can get back to school soon, i think despite how hard it gets its always nice to have a routine and a purpose, thats why i really do feel for the people in here who are waiting to start uni this month.

Have you seen a doctor about your physical health at all?
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
When i was put to see child and adolescent mental health they said i had months to wait, and i'd prob be 18 (too old) when i do get an appointment, but within weeks i was seen.
Im glad you can see it positively in saying the sooner you can get better, i thought the exact same.

I hope your physical health doesnt worsen and you can get back to school soon, i think despite how hard it gets its always nice to have a routine and a purpose, thats why i really do feel for the people in here who are waiting to start uni this month.

Have you seen a doctor about your physical health at all?
Yeah, they reckon it's glandular fever so I'm going in for blood tests on Monday. I have been spending waaay too much time there lately! :rolleyes:
So 18 is definitely the age when you go to the adult mental health thing? Because I went to the child one last time, but this time there's been no mention of it and I think I'm going to the adult one... I'm only 17.

Anyway, how have you been getting on?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, they reckon it's glandular fever so I'm going in for blood tests on Monday. I have been spending waaay too much time there lately! :rolleyes:
So 18 is definitely the age when you go to the adult mental health thing? Because I went to the child one last time, but this time there's been no mention of it and I think I'm going to the adult one... I'm only 17.

lol dont worry, i spend too much time at the doctors too.

As for the ages, when are you 18, because they may make an exception so that you can get settled into it, instead of going to child adolescent then turning 18 a month later and being shifted off. im not 18 untill november so they prob though that was enough time for me to start off at CAMHS and probably too young for adult.

Ive had a really positive week, a few things have bothered me a fair bit, but i havent let them get to me as much as usual.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Worn out. Head's buzzing.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
lol dont worry, i spend too much time at the doctors too.

As for the ages, when are you 18, because they may make an exception so that you can get settled into it, instead of going to child adolescent then turning 18 a month later and being shifted off. im not 18 untill november so they prob though that was enough time for me to start off at CAMHS and probably too young for adult.

Ive had a really positive week, a few things have bothered me a fair bit, but i havent let them get to me as much as usual.
I'm glad you've had a good week. Well done for handling things positively!

I'm not 18 til April, so I'm not really sure what's going on there.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Hey Kate, was it Aston you were going to? If you can navigate through the mess that is the Aston uni website then you have one up on me, but http://www.aston.ac.uk/current-stude...es/disability/ is the Disability and Additional Needs site. The uni has a free counselling service as well, but their website appears to be bust

It might be a good idea to get in touch with the student loans people about a Disabled Students Allowance - that could be used for travel expenses to visit your current therapist rather than having to switch to one in Birmingham (they may contribute towards a private therapist as well, but I'm not certain on that) as well as other things. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...on/DG_10034898

Also, don't worry about the work being too hard, the entire point of 1st year is to avoid work, it's just that you will be unusual in that you have a valid excuse! :hugs:

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Hi Jonathan, I'd already seen that part of the site, just I wasn't sure if it applied to me, I guess I'm just downplaying things. I'll have another look. I'm supposed to be ringing my new docs in Brum on monday to register early, then my GP can send them stuff telling them to refer me to the PCMHT! I'm really happy, and I'm so greateful to the lady from counselling who's gone out of her way to do all this!

Saber, what do I say? I am just unsure of why why what etc, I know it needs to be said and stuff, but I don't want to in a way! (It's Aston I'm going to btw, not Brum, so thanks for looking anyway )

Harv616, I think Aston may have something similar, or I'll just use UoB's one !

Thank you everyone :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Rough time at the moment. Had another migraine yesterday, at school, which was awful. Had to be sent out of class sobbing in pain and then the nurse wasn't there so I basically curled up outside her office and tried to sit through the worst of it. Luckily a passing teacher took pity on me, and went to get it unlocked so I could lie down. It's the third one I've had since July; I never had them before. I know it's not caused by dehydration, because I drink more than enough water, and I've not eaten anything odd. Is there such a thing as depression-induced migraines? Has anyone else ever had them?

Hope you're all okay this morning. :hugs:
YES YES YES! Never before, but since my depression's got worse, they're more frequent.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
You know what? I'm just going to go and sit downstairs and not even think about social things. I'll get far too upset
Hopefully I'm going out with my friend at 12pm for lunch. Not seen her since my 18th (feb) so that should be nice but it depends if she remembers to come.

My brother text wanting me to pick him up from school at 1pm but I said no because i'll be out. If he tells Dad, I'll be in loads of trouble because I'm meant to cancel plans I have and always be able to pick people up and take them places in the car. *sighs*

As of yet, no replies about tonight Not good. Feel worthless, un-important and small.
Liz, the thing about the car is a bit unfair... you have to make concessions for them? Doesn't seem just to me :hugs: I assume you've gone out, how was it?
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I was seen by adult when I was 16/17. They can see you from 16 up, but I think you normally stay with CAMHS till 18 if you're already there (my doc thought CAMHS wouldn't be able to do anything for me, and lists would be too long, so I ended up in adult, and I'm glad I did: I've heard about Camhs and if I was there, I'd be a lot worse off IMO!)
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I was seen by adult when I was 16/17. They can see you from 16 up, but I think you normally stay with CAMHS till 18 if you're already there (my doc thought CAMHS wouldn't be able to do anything for me, and lists would be too long, so I ended up in adult, and I'm glad I did: I've heard about Camhs and if I was there, I'd be a lot worse off IMO!)
I didn't like CAMHS last time... they gave me worksheets with cartoon elephants on them. :shifty: I was fifteen years old!!! Plus the guy I saw was a bit useless, every time I hesitated in saying something he'd just finish my sentence for me and try to tell me what I was feeling (which was usually totally wrong). Eventually I lost the will to correct him, and let him convince himself he'd cured me so that I could be turfed out of there ASAP. It was not a confidence-building experience as far as doctors go. :rolleyes:
Hopefully adult will be better! Do you find it helpful?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My experience seems to be different. I actually found CAMHS a lot better than adult. I guess it's different in different areas.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, i've also found CAMHS so helpful, without it i wouldnt be back at college now thinking about UCAS etc.
But i havent experienced adult, so i cant comment fairly.
But of course, we are each individual, no illness is the same, so different things help each and every person differently.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
My experience seems to be different. I actually found CAMHS a lot better than adult. I guess it's different in different areas.
Yep, and I think a lot of it probably depends on the individual psychiatrist as well, rather than the system.
How are you doing today anyway?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, and I think a lot of it probably depends on the individual psychiatrist as well, rather than the system.
How are you doing today anyway?

Yeah that's true as well.

I've had quite a good day but feel very worn out now. I met up with a couple of friends which was nice. Collapsed now but not feeling too bad.

How are you?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads