Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I just got a massive wall of emails from imperial...

Edit: oh and it is about something I am not eligible for, marvellous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :rofl:

I didnt let it go that far as soon as I registered I stopped :p:

I need to discuss with parents too.
    So probably get done at the weekend.

Well the questionnaire opens up a whole new area to be stressed about! I have no idea if I have been vaccinated against meningitis c.. nor do I know what hobbies I should put down cause I don't want to be put on the wrong floors with strange people!

All these decisions that could affect my happiness for the next year! :banghead:

too...much...pressure...
    :cry:

(ok I am exaggerating, but not even by that much! :p:)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ok, I just got a massive wall of emails from imperial...

Edit: oh and it is about something I am not eligible for, marvellous.
    :rofl: That the one from 'Hunt, Tanya'?

I can't decide whether this is **** emailing or very clever spam.

1) gg giving it no subject and being from 'Hunt, Tanya'
    2) Don't bother hiding people's email addys, thank you for those
    3) scrolling text?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire Rose)
    Well the questionnaire opens up a whole new area to be stressed about! I have no idea if I have been vaccinated against meningitis c.. nor do I know what hobbies I should put down cause I don't want to be put on the wrong floors with strange people!

All these decisions that could affect my happiness for the next year! :banghead:

too...much...pressure...

Oh dear.

I wouldn't take it too seriously though, what are you worried about, putting down a hobby and then ending up with a group of pros? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

too...much...pressure...

I thought very similar things when choosing my university between Durham and Imperial. Replace 'next year' with 'my life' and you've pretty much got what I was thinking :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)

3) scrolling text?
    on 2) annoyed about it. And that was supposed to be my more serious non spam filled email not used for anything but unis and serious stuff :sigh:

You arnt eligible either so for both of us totally pointless.

ReputationRep:

Oh dear.

I wouldn't take it too seriously though, what are you worried about, putting down a hobby and then ending up with a group of pros? :p:
    Pretty much... :sad:

Oh well... everything happens for a reason I guess. I just hope I end up with nice neighbors!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much... :sad:

Oh well... everything happens for a reason I guess. I just hope I end up with nice neighbors!
    :yep:

Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    hmm does anyone else have to provide evidence of english language proficiency? I took my IELTS exam a couple of weeks ago... Do they want it now ?

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

Hopefully!
    :shy2:

You seem nice... wanna be my e-neighbor? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :shy2:

You seem nice... wanna be my e-neighbor? :p:
    Sure :smile:

Now I have to go and do some of the evil C4 for my exam tomorrow

ReputationRep:

... not a very good start, ditching me already! :mad:

Good thing I am such an understanding neighbour! :yep: I am sure you will be fine in your exam, luckily my C4 is ages away (edexcel) so good luck! :p:

ReputationRep:

Ugh C4 don't remind me ;-( at least after tomorrow; no more core maths, ever! (I hope)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkness9999)
    hmm does anyone else have to provide evidence of english language proficiency? I took my IELTS exam a couple of weeks ago... Do they want it now ?
    I'm guessing they would have put it in your offer if they wanted it. Did you attend an English medium school? I'm guessing that's why they didn't ask me to take the IELTS.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Tanya Hunt's a real person, in charge of all bursaries etc. They just mass email everyone, sometimes emailing those who are legible, and not emailing those who are

Tanya Hunt: Student Financial Support Assistant Administrator,

Well at least you're all one step closer to the rolling green pasture that is the Queen's Lawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)

3) scrolling text?
    The Study Support Bursary thingy seems legit, it's got Tanya Hunts name there as well, but the email sure does seem dodgey - they could have formatted it a lot better.

The page says the deadline is Friday, 28 May 2010 - so i'll worry about my exams first, then fill that in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkness9999)
    The deadline is 31st August. You can send your results whenever you want, just make sure they get them before the deadline.

(Original post by TheLoneRanger)
    The Study Support Bursary thingy seems legit, it's got Tanya Hunts name there as well, but the email sure does seem dodgey - they could have formatted it a lot better.

The page says the deadline is Friday, 28 May 2010 - so i'll worry about my exams first, then fill that in
    I could do with a bursary But I didn't get an email...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    I could do with a bursary But I didn't get an email...

Dont worry, I'm sure you'll get one soon

(Original post by TheLoneRanger)
    Dont worry, I'm sure you'll get one soon
    I hope so I qualify for the £3,000 I think...the £300 is based on A Level results and judging by the amount of revision I have done so far, I won't be getting it :p: I'm glad my offer isn't 3As haha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.