Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    That is quite possibly the only stat that seems to go against Fed (and perhaps the OSG). Still the most complete resume I've seen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I rather see Federer win Monte Carlo and Rome than the singles medal in all honesty. Olympics tennis is overrated and didn't mean much before Nadal won the gold medal in 2008.

ReputationRep:
    Andy and Kim are engaged!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to both Andy and Kim - long time coming! Finally a good piece of news to brighten up the week (amongst all the other bits of bad news).

3 down, one to go (Rafa, we're looking at you)...

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Andy and Kim.

ReputationRep:
    Well, they may not have met at the WTF Final, but Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic clashed in the inaugural IPTL exhibition event (representing Micromax Indian Aces and UAE Royals respectively).
    Some very entertaining points in here, especially near the business end of the set. I've managed to catch a few of the matches and it's certainly a very interesting format for an exho. Definitely kept the crowd entertained!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jujFtL9lo (full set)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbi4oC5-iw4 (highlights)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried wearing a weighted vest while playing tennis? How'd it go?
    I'm considering it for training purposes.

ReputationRep:
    Every year I forget to apply to the Wimbledon ballot

ReputationRep:
    Danny vallverdu is tomas berdych's new coach

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the BBC are looking to share coverage of Wimbledon with BT Sport in order to cut costs. That will be a major disappointment if that does indeed happen.

ReputationRep:
    For frack sake! They already ruined the F1 coverage by making it patchy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Apparently the BBC are looking to share coverage of Wimbledon with BT Sport in order to cut costs. That will be a major disappointment if that does indeed happen.
    Wimbledon's the one of the only 2 to be fully on free tv! Noooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    For frack sake! They already ruined the F1 coverage by making it patchy.
    Pls remind me why we pay tv licence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Pls remind me why we pay tv licence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because lefties don't want it part privatized.

ReputationRep:
    If BBC don't want to it and it's pretty clear BBC isn't keen on much sport these days then I'd like to see ITV get it. They do a good job with the French Open and they've got some money to spend having lost the Champions League and Europa League rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    If BBC don't want to it and it's pretty clear BBC isn't keen on much sport these days then I'd like to see ITV get it. They do a good job with the French Open and they've got some money to spend having lost the Champions League and Europa League rights.
    The BBC doesn't have much sport because it can't afford it. The amount pumped in by Sky and now BT just isn't matchable.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it stays completely free-to-air I don't care what channel it's on. I'm under no illusions though, since only finals weekend is protected by the government I expect the rest of the tournament will eventually go to pay TV. To not have Wimbledon in all its glory on free-to-air TV would be a travesty, so as I said, ITV have probably got a bit of money and are building up a nice sports portfolio and Discovery are supposedly keen on obtaining sports rights that could be shown on Quest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    As long as it stays completely free-to-air I don't care what channel it's on. I'm under no illusions though, since only finals weekend is protected by the government I expect the rest of the tournament will eventually go to pay TV. To not have Wimbledon in all its glory on free-to-air TV would be a travesty, so as I said, ITV have probably got a bit of money and are building up a nice sports portfolio and Discovery are supposedly keen on obtaining sports rights that could be shown on Quest.
    While I think their French Open coverage is quite decent I really do hate the ads

ReputationRep:
    In other news, can't wait until the new season begins :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Another two weeks before I get to see Federer play again. I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Will Nadal be ready for Australia? Will Nadal win Australian Open?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.