Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After deciding against my Warwick interview (many reasons) I have officially firmed my SCITT I just need to pass my skills test and I will be a trainee teacher in September

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend any good books or resources for revising for the skills tests?

ReputationRep:
    I found the Oxford interview quite hard, during the one to one interview the interviewers didnt seem to compliment anything I'd done which was pretty offputting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TunaTunnel)
    I found the Oxford interview quite hard, during the one to one interview the interviewers didnt seem to compliment anything I'd done which was pretty offputting.
    I found that with the Goldsmiths one , it was such hard going but got an offer so have decided you really can never tell

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    The thing is: if you hate the interview experience, you might end up hating studying there too.
    I certainly take that attitude: if a potential employer/educational establishment doesn't impress me, I won't go there!
    Though of course, you would need a back-up choice to be able to do this.

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure if I didnt like it, the whole process and department just seemed pretty soulless whereas Durham's didnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonbeth)
    After deciding against my Warwick interview (many reasons) I have officially firmed my SCITT I just need to pass my skills test and I will be a trainee teacher in September

Congrats for confirming!! The Warwick interview was nice, but the English test was very odd and tough. so scared about the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smileygal)
    Congrats for confirming!! The Warwick interview was nice, but the English test was very odd and tough. so scared about the outcome.
    Was it the one where you had to write a summary and reflective essay about the purpose of education?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alymau)
    Was it the one where you had to write a summary and reflective essay about the purpose of education?
    About SEN. Did you have one too?

ReputationRep:
    Hey i have a Goldsmiths PGCE Primary interview tomorrow... I'm really nervous can you give me some advive on what the tests and questions involve? Only found out about my interview date 2 days ago...

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? What was the interview like? Got my fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    The placement I accepted today for School Direct had a numeracy test. I got 9 out of 10. The only question I got wrong was calling a triangular prism, a prism! So annoying. I also had a comprehension and writing test which was only very briefly scanned. I just got told I have boys handwriting! The university provider is Liverpool Hope, but you only spend 12 days in the entire year with them, so I felt it was more important that I got on with the staff. All were so incredibly lovely and seemed very kind. They actually offered me a TA position to start in January and said they would not advertise it, so when I was able to move up, I could start. Everything you need in a primary school.I just need to pass my Literacy test and i am good to go!

They asked me a number of questions regarding faith (it was a catholic school).
    They asked me questions about SEN children.
    They asked me times when I had to show resilience. (I was asked this one in all three of my interviews).

ReputationRep:
    Just logged into Track and it asked for passport details as soon as I logged in.
    The boxes to enter the start and expiry date didn't work, so I just clicked 'Continue', hoping to try and reload it later.
    But I can't find how to get back to that and edit those details now.
    Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mpagtches)
    Just logged into Track and it asked for passport details as soon as I logged in.
    The boxes to enter the start and expiry date didn't work, so I just clicked 'Continue', hoping to try and reload it later.
    But I can't find how to get back to that and edit those details now.
    Anyone know?
    I would just wait until you are ready to click apply. It will tell you anything you have missed and if it doesn't, I wouldn't worry, as they photocopy your ID anyway. With School Direct at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieInPompey)
    I would just wait until you are ready to click apply. It will tell you anything you have missed and if it doesn't, I wouldn't worry, as they photocopy your ID anyway. With School Direct at least.
    I applied ages ago and have logged into Track many times since, but it just randomly asked for passport details just now when I tried to log in :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Who is going to be moving for their PGCE/SCITT whatever route you're taking?

What is your plan? Try and find your own place, try and house share with people on you course, or (worse idea to me!) move into halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Who is going to be moving for their PGCE/SCITT whatever route you're taking?

What is your plan? Try and find your own place, try and house share with people on you course, or (worse idea to me!) move into halls?
    I am moving up from London. I am a lot older than many students so am looking to buy a house in NQT year. Rent for the first year.

Where are you moving from and to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieInPompey)
    I am moving up from London. I am a lot older than many students so am looking to buy a house in NQT year. Rent for the first year.

Where are you moving from and to?
    I live only 30 minutes away from the university, however I have lived at home since graduating in 2014, so I would like to try and either house share with fellow male primary PGCE students or get my own flat or something! Feel I need my own space ideally.

ReputationRep:
    About SEN. Did you have one too?
    Yeah, the one above about the purpose of education. Passed though so was pleased!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bena0202)
    Nope! It was too small that's why loooool I was well aware that loads of Asians went there! oh wow that's a small amount! If I were to go by race I would hardly fit im anywhere! I am black and there are barely any black teachers in primary schools looool
    Yeah it was so small and I didn't like the fact that they did it with undergrads and postgrads together....it just felt really uninspiring but you're right, I got my offer today lol.

You will! And there are, the headteacher of the school I volunteered in was a black woman and I've met quite a few black teachers

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.