The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ESTATEREAL
First round phone interview for PJT!!!!!

Congrats mate, good luck

When you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by torres657
Congrats mate, good luck

When you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers man! I think late Wednesday or Thursday.
Centerview networking event invite :biggrin:
Some of you have said you're not applying to RBS, will you not be applying to Lloyds and Satander too because of their roles?
Original post by TheParham
I got a message from JP saying to chill out cause they have bare apps to review for dayyyyyyyz

Yeah, got this message too. Good job they sent it because I realised all their emails have been going to my junk folder :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
Obvs Lazard is strong at MnA but was wondering how good their ECM/DCM depts are compared to other banks??? also i'm assuming they are more ecm heavy than dcm but they do lots of restructuring work too so could someone validate whether this is the case?? cheers xo

Restructuring isn't DCM btw, pretty much most restructuring work is done by EBs or advisory houses.

Imo, the best ECM/DCM teams are where banks can underwrite on a deal. That means there's potential not just to make money on fees but to also make some cash on any spreads that arise from underwriting. Advisory only cap markets is good too, but I'd think you'd be limited without a balance sheet to offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Restructuring isn't DCM btw, pretty much most restructuring work is done by EBs or advisory houses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

elite boutiques?

btw, did you get my pm? having inbox issues atm lol
Original post by tazza ma razza
elite boutiques?

btw, did you get my pm? having inbox issues atm lol

Yeah

When did you send it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone done the Bank of England SJT? It's actually reasonably difficult
Why are people not applying to rbs?

I just did my sjt for risk at rbs. Has anyone heard back yet from rbs?
Original post by Dante991
Some of you have said you're not applying to RBS, will you not be applying to Lloyds and Satander too because of their roles?

Will apply to Lloyds because it includes capital markets. The other two do not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gman786
Why are people not applying to rbs?

I just did my sjt for risk at rbs. Has anyone heard back yet from rbs?

Yeah had a telephone interview for them last week

You've got an app based game, numeric and logic tests before that though
Got an email from citi just now (c.2 days after tests) saying that my test score was above benchmark and they're now looking at rest of my application - woo!
Just got an mail from Citi saying that I passed their test
Original post by DaFrenchy
Just got an mail from Citi saying that I passed their test

congrats, when did you do it?
Original post by JimbobJam
Got an email from citi just now (c.2 days after tests) saying that my test score was above benchmark and they're now looking at rest of my application - woo!

is that 2 working days or 2 days as in saturday?
For citi, can you guys see that you're application has been submitted on their platform or have you received an email confirming receipt of your application?
I haven't got either and a bit worried :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2677
Original post by dasu95
For citi, can you guys see that you're application has been submitted on their platform or have you received an email confirming receipt of your application?
I haven't got either and a bit worried :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you get the confirmation, and you should also be able to see that you've submitted your application when you log in online.
Does anyone know how to get an invite for the Centerview exclusive networking event? Are the events competitive or pretty much anyone who applies for the internship gets an invite? I know they have one in London and one in Oxford. Would appreciate any insight
Original post by Breakingbank
congrats, when did you do it?

September 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending