This discussion is closed.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
Yeah that's true as well.

I've had quite a good day but feel very worn out now. I met up with a couple of friends which was nice. Collapsed now but not feeling too bad.

How are you?
Glad you had a good day. It's nice to be worn out sometimes, when you've had a busy day and you can just curl up and sleep.

I'm alright, although I'm ill at the moment so very tired and washed-out. I'll probably go to bed in a minute actually - got work tomorrow and I really don't feel up to going but I'll lose my job if I don't. I hate working! :p: Still, it'll all be worth it when I get my payslip...

G'night! x
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel fake.
I have had a really positive week, the amount of progress i have made has been really important. my attendance this week 100%

Why do i still feel sad.

Because, my life is incomplete. I feel i am so so close to breaking free, but there is still a massive chunk of me missing, its the chunk i "want to be" its the person i wish i was, its also the chunk missing which makes me so so lonely, the fact i have no one to really relate to or express my real feelings to. I just want to be happy. I feel as though i've never been this close to feeling better, but at the same time i feel as though i've never been this far away from being better.
Debris
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I feel fake.
I have had a really positive week, the amount of progress i have made has been really important. my attendance this week 100%

Why do i still feel sad.

Because, my life is incomplete. I feel i am so so close to breaking free, but there is still a massive chunk of me missing, its the chunk i "want to be" its the person i wish i was, its also the chunk missing which makes me so so lonely, the fact i have no one to really relate to or express my real feelings to. I just want to be happy. I feel as though i've never been this close to feeling better, but at the same time i feel as though i've never been this far away from being better.
I feel the bold things man from time to time. :console:

I am feeling down in the dumps recently and it's happening in spurts also known as mood swings. I've just had one and now what do I do at 3am? :shifty:

Anyone out there please tell me how to "feel" better?!
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Debris)
I feel the bold things man from time to time. :console:

I am feeling down in the dumps recently and it's happening in spurts also known as mood swings. I've just had one and now what do I do at 3am? :shifty:

Anyone out there please tell me how to "feel" better?!
If only I knew, I would be shouting it from the rooftops. :hugs:
02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I need to join . A combination of things this week has left me depressed :cry:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: welcome to you both, mike and debris.
How are you both?
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I feel awful. I feel like I've failed at life . I don't even want to post but I am, because I don't know what else to do.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I feel awful. I feel like I've failed at life . I don't even want to post but I am, because I don't know what else to do.
Awwww, Laus, honey :hugs: You know how to get in touch with me if you ever want to chat. Please take me up on it, I don't like seeing you sad and dejected

Citalopram seems to be making me feel nauseous. Hoping the side-effects wear off soon.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If i were to die now, no one would actually care. My Family maybe, but thats it. Nothing worth remembering about me.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If i were to die now, no one would actually care. My Family maybe, but thats it. Nothing worth remembering about me.
We would care :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feeling utter ****ey again. I've left it too late to say bye to people, and meh :cry: I just got seen by a group of my guides in town, and I don't even know why I'm a leader. Just feeling so alone.
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a terrible night last night. I knew I needed to go to work today and I was getting myself so worked up about it that I had the hugest panic attack I've ever experienced. I think it was a combination of my existing anxiety problems, as well as it being a new job full of people I don't know, and I'm ill physically anyway so I don't have the energy for spending a whole day at work anyway. I ended up sobbing on my mum's bed for ages and she said I didn't have to go, so I told them I'm still ill and they decided to give my job to someone else. So now I'm unemployed again... that was short-lived.

I feel like such a failure. I quit and walked away just because it was a little bit daunting. If I carry on like this I'm going to start refusing to go to school, making up excuses not to go out with my friends and I'll become a sad lonely recluse. I hate it. I'm so angry with myself for chickening out.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
I had a terrible night last night. I knew I needed to go to work today and I was getting myself so worked up about it that I had the hugest panic attack I've ever experienced. I think it was a combination of my existing anxiety problems, as well as it being a new job full of people I don't know, and I'm ill physically anyway so I don't have the energy for spending a whole day at work anyway. I ended up sobbing on my mum's bed for ages and she said I didn't have to go, so I told them I'm still ill and they decided to give my job to someone else. So now I'm unemployed again... that was short-lived.

I feel like such a failure. I quit and walked away just because it was a little bit daunting. If I carry on like this I'm going to start refusing to go to school, making up excuses not to go out with my friends and I'll become a sad lonely recluse. I hate it. I'm so angry with myself for chickening out.
:hugs: you've got to remember you're physically ill, and that saps your strength, let alone anxiety, too. It won't always be like this, you're getting help, remember that
belle654
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lukey im worried about you, keep talking , keep texting, i wouldnt know what to do without you right now!! youre the only one who understands how im feeling daily. please dont go anywhere you keep saying 'no one cares' I CARE!!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Liz, the thing about the car is a bit unfair... you have to make concessions for them? Doesn't seem just to me :hugs: I assume you've gone out, how was it?
Yeah, I went out. Last debate was a bit rubbish and hardly any of my friends turned up Went out to town afterwards which was good but my friend lost her phone and then there was a fight and this guy got arrested and there was blood everywhere and police and security men all over the place. One of the security men fell into me and I smashed my hip against the bar and ended up spilling my drink all down my handwash only satin top

But besides that, we had a lot of fun dancing and singing along and I had a big smile on my face for the majority of the night. I got home at 2am and slept until 11am with no bad dreams or anything.

Today, however, hasn't been as great. First off...mum got a text from a sort of relative and after some phonecalls it turns out my aunt has breast cancer. I haven't seen her for years even though she only lives about 15 miles away. The cancer is pretty bad and if she survives, there's a 5 year wait until she'll be able to be given the all clear. I'm cross with the NHS because she has to wait a month until radiotherapy can start. A month is a long time when it comes to cancer and a month can make a big difference to the severity of it. Mum's upset, not because of the cancer because like mum told my uncle, the survival rate for breast cancer is higher than other types, but because yet again, no one told her that her sister has been in hospital having tests. We're left out of all the family business. Not invited to parties, not told about births, marriages, the lot. So Mum's upset and I'm upset for Mum and also for myself but it's another example of me being unwanted.

Really getting anxious about uni now. Don't have the confidence or courage to move out. I don't know how I'll cope this next week. If I think about uni, I start to cry. This is meant to be the most exciting time of my life but I'm not excited at all. I'm terrified. I know everyone is meant to be in the same boat, but they're really not. People have more confidence than me, people are pretty, attractive, not depressed.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up because I could write for England here. Sorry people :o:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Yeah, I went out. Last debate was a bit rubbish and hardly any of my friends turned up Went out to town afterwards which was good but my friend lost her phone and then there was a fight and this guy got arrested and there was blood everywhere and police and security men all over the place. One of the security men fell into me and I smashed my hip against the bar and ended up spilling my drink all down my handwash only satin top

But besides that, we had a lot of fun dancing and singing along and I had a big smile on my face for the majority of the night. I got home at 2am and slept until 11am with no bad dreams or anything.

Today, however, hasn't been as great. First off...mum got a text from a sort of relative and after some phonecalls it turns out my aunt has breast cancer. I haven't seen her for years even though she only lives about 15 miles away. The cancer is pretty bad and if she survives, there's a 5 year wait until she'll be able to be given the all clear. I'm cross with the NHS because she has to wait a month until radiotherapy can start. A month is a long time when it comes to cancer and a month can make a big difference to the severity of it. Mum's upset, not because of the cancer because like mum told my uncle, the survival rate for breast cancer is higher than other types, but because yet again, no one told her that her sister has been in hospital having tests. We're left out of all the family business. Not invited to parties, not told about births, marriages, the lot. So Mum's upset and I'm upset for Mum and also for myself but it's another example of me being unwanted.

Really getting anxious about uni now. Don't have the confidence or courage to move out. I don't know how I'll cope this next week. If I think about uni, I start to cry. This is meant to be the most exciting time of my life but I'm not excited at all. I'm terrified. I know everyone is meant to be in the same boat, but they're really not. People have more confidence than me, people are pretty, attractive, not depressed.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up because I could write for England here. Sorry people :o:
Liz, :hugs:
xXChaosXx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey.. I'm new around these waters... Hugs go out to all of you... Alot of you seem to have had some bad **** to deal with.. I admire you all for being so strong. Alot of these posts seems to be about councellors or therapists.. Unfortunately I cant relate- I tried to get help thorugh my university and had a few emails from a councillor about coming in for an assesment etc.. I couldnt make the date he suggested becoz I had a very important deadline, but said I was free all the next week... and he never got back to me.. Maybe he just thought I didnt need help after all.
Debris
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey raspberryblues. I am feeling remarkably better today. Night times brings anxiousness, worry and feelings of failure come for some reason. Anyone feeling down should watch Pursuit of Happyness. It's a quality feel good film that I watched at 4am.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Liz, :hugs:
Thanks Jonathan. :hugs: back. How are you today? x
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm ok today, thanks. Had an upsetting dream about my "friends" again last night, but the rest of the day's been fine.

:hugs: to all the new people posting. Nice to meet you, though obviously sorry about the circumstances.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads