Please?
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by The Joker)
Please?
I can't, as we closed applications on week 5 after that was decided by the senior handful that it was enough time for people to join and fair to the users in the league that didn't want new people joining ahead of them. If I opened it for you, I'd have to do the same for the people that have enquired since.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Torres is out for 'two-to-three weeks' so take him out for Anelka/Berbatov or someone if he's in your team.

I have absolutely no idea who to put as my captain this week. Don't see Lampard or Anelka getting a massive amount of points from Arsenal, nor do I see Ronaldo or Ireland getting much from their match either. Geovanni might be worth a punt, as Hull are playing away to Stoke, and Hull are usually very good away from home.

Might just be boring and pick Ronaldo and leave it as that. No point taking a risk like I did last week.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
I'll probably stick with Anelka.
good mermington
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm tempted to have Anelka captain because he's playing against his old team, but then there's a part of me that thinks sometimes he's not up for it in the big games for chelsea, so I'm leaning towards Lampard.

Any idea if Carvalho will play? He's supposedly fit again but Ivanovic is pretty good so you never know. I might stick in a Pompey defender instead anyway
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ronaldo for captain. Against City's defence in an open game like that, should be fun. I'm expecting big goals from that game. If its 1-1, or 1-0 or 0-0, I'm ****** since I have Stevie Ireland, Ronaldo and Robinho. Come on the 5-4!
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im tempted to bring in Benjani (For Zaki)

But yet again, im not sure i want to risk it. Might just bring in Ireland &/or 2 Utd Players. I did have Nani, but he never got any play time when i did.
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've taken the risk, swapped out Berbatov for Peter Crouch, and captained the lad.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Ronaldo for captain. Against City's defence in an open game like that, should be fun. I'm expecting big goals from that game. If its 1-1, or 1-0 or 0-0, I'm ****** since I have Stevie Ireland, Ronaldo and Robinho. Come on the 5-4!
It doesn't seem like it will be a high scoring game. City have kept two clean sheets in two difficult games in a row now (Arsenal and Schalke '04) so I wouldn't bet on Ronaldo having a field day by any means. United obviously have a very good defense, so that will limit the chances of Ireland, Robinho et al too, as good as they've been recently.

I predict 1-1/1-0/0-1 or something like that. Three goals in the game tops I reckon. Ditto for the Chelsea - Arsenal match.

If Torres was fit, I would have backed him to gave a great week against West Ham at Anfield. Gerrard/Kuyt could be big scorers this week. I have neither player in my team...

I'm hoping Zaki is fit again though. I don't want him to lose too much value as I still don't know for sure who would be a good replacement for him.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TI-84)
I've taken the risk, swapped out Berbatov for Peter Crouch, and captained the lad.
I won't fault your bravery :p:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TI-84)
Might not be such a bad choice. Seeing as Defoe & Berba look like they may be out again or on the bench.

I am also hoping Zaki is fit, him & Robinho rake up the points for me.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
I bet Berba starts. Need Zaki to be fit, as many do it seems. Will probably take a gamble and put Berba back in for Anelka after this weekend.
TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Might not be such a bad choice. Seeing as Defoe & Berba look like they may be out again or on the bench.

I am also hoping Zaki is fit, him & Robinho rake up the points for me.
indeed.
I've got Zaki as well, and his price is slowly slipping...
If he doesn't play this week then I think I'm going to remove him.
good mermington
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Zaki has a virus so you never know whether he'll play or not. it's a gamble.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
captain?

ashley young is a good shout
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gabby or Young. Either would be good calls.

Or Titus Bramble :creep:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ugh cant decide if I want Kuyt + Agbonlahor or Gerrard + C.Cole...
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The former.
Ascient
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tuncay or Alves is the question.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Neither?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (534)
37.82%
No - but I will (110)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (672)
47.59%

Watched Threads