Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One - Durham, but after Manchester rejected me yesterday I'm considering withdrawing it so I can just accept Newcastle as my firm and get on with my life :woo:

I think I'll wait it out realistically though, even if it is a rejection it's worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Interview at university campus suffolk on the 26th March. :yep: For operating department practice.
    It wasn't my first choice but after 2 straight rejections i'm rather happy that someones giving me a shot in the applicant process.
    Thankyou mr postman for making my weekend seem better already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    Same here! Got all my other offers in December (two on the 1st, one on the 8th, one on the 16th) and now it's just UCL. The important one. The one that is really messing us around with telling us whether they want us or not. It's five weeks today since they told us they had made their decisions on my batch and would get back to us 'soon'!
    Bad times isn't it? hope you hear soon and it it's good news! UCL, nice choice indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from St Mary's University College Twickenham. I applied to do a degree in Sports Rehab. Application went in at the end of December but so far heard nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mirose)
    0! I feel so relaxed. I no longer check my hotmail in fear!
    i wish i could have that feeling. i get so scared everytime i have an email! almost all the time its unrelated to ucas lol

ReputationRep:
    None.

One, bah. Been waiting for them for...nearly four and a half months now!

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application form about 5 1/2 weeks ago and nothing's on track yet. I got an offer from Hull about 3 weeks ago, but it's not shown up on track yet! And I have an interview for Queen Mary in 3 weeks, but I'm waiting for King's, Sussex and Leeds. Coincidentally, these are my 3 favourite unis. Standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 89sr11)
    I sent off my application form about 5 1/2 weeks ago and nothing's on track yet. I got an offer from Hull about 3 weeks ago, but it's not shown up on track yet! And I have an interview for Queen Mary in 3 weeks, but I'm waiting for King's, Sussex and Leeds. Coincidentally, these are my 3 favourite unis. Standard.
    king's ftw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bill-e)
    king's ftw!
    To be honest I'm actually leaning more towards Sussex than anywhere else! Not that an offer from King's wouldn't be wonderful just that I think Sussex is more suited for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cproach1)
    One, and annoyingly it's the one university I would love to go to Ahhh, we shall see..
    Same, and it's also the one that's most unlikely for me to get into. Torture.

ReputationRep:
    Technically three, but im withdrawing from Leeds, have an interview for Leeds Met which i aren't too bothered about and im waiting for a decision after interview from York St Johns. Its between York or Chester for me.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for 3 of my choices

this is getting a joke...

ReputationRep:
    I got tired of waiting for QUB to reply, so I sent them a polite but firm () e-mail asking about the status of my application. Now I'll give them till, let's say, March 15 to reply and it's cancel choice time...

ReputationRep:
    4 :ninja: hmm... I did apply on 14th Jan though so that's why I'm assuming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    4 :ninja: hmm... I did apply on 14th Jan though so that's why I'm assuming.
    In fairness, two of my unis - Nottingham and Bath - did say they'd wait till the January deadline before replying, in their acknowledgments. Notts has now replied, but Bath's taking their time. And I dunno what's going on with Birmingham... I haven't even had a proper acknowledgment tbh, just a subscription to their newsletter thing.

Which is your favourite? I'm guessing Durham? Mine keeps changing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    In fairness, two of my unis - Nottingham and Bath - did say they'd wait till the January deadline before replying, in their acknowledgments. Notts has now replied, but Bath's taking their time. And I dunno what's going on with Birmingham... I haven't even had a proper acknowledgment tbh, just a subscription to their newsletter thing.

Which is your favourite? I'm guessing Durham? Mine keeps changing!
    When did you apply? I keep assuming I'll be bottom of the pile but I've made some progress with Durham and they're meant to be really slow! Yep, Durham is my favourite

Where have you applied to? Hopefully we'll know where we stand at the end of March!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    When did you apply? I keep assuming I'll be bottom of the pile but I've made some progress with Durham and they're meant to be really slow! Yep, Durham is my favourite

Where have you applied to? Hopefully we'll know where we stand at the end of March!
    November. Heard nothing for a few weeks, then got my first reply (Leicester). Then I got a letter from Notts saying they aim to reply after the deadline, so I should hopefully hear by February. Bath sent an acknowledgment saying they'd reply sometime after the deadline and are considering my application, but nothing yet! And nothing at all from Birmingham, which surprises me because I've heard they normally try to get back to you within 4-6 weeks. And it's already been about 4 weeks since the deadline! I'll give them another two and see...

True, I think the recommended time for unis to reply by is the 31st of March? Not too far away, and we'll know our fate! Haha.
    Good luck with Durham, btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmature)
    Has anyone heard anything from St Mary's University College Twickenham. I applied to do a degree in Sports Rehab. Application went in at the end of December but so far heard nothing
    I thought I would quote you for accuracy
    I am also a mature student and have applied to read English at St marys, Royal Holloway and Roehampton and guess what?.... I haven't heard either. I have heard that there is stiff competition out there this year and that the national average application rate is up 24%:nah: . I know this because I asked my tutor to ring St Marys admissions office and that is what they told him. Right about now I am getting past frustrated and bordering on angry:mad: . As mature students we are assured that we will be given fair consideration for places. However, this cannot be true given all the A level students that I have read about who have already recieved offers from these very Uni's. This is going to be one of the worst years in history in terms of getting uni offers - HOLD ON IN THERE - IM FEELING THE FRUSTRATION AND DISSAPOINTMENT TOO!

ReputationRep:
    Hang in guys you'll all be fine

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.