Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinysheep)
    Ooo law, very nice - congratulations
    I am indeed doing languages and am ridiculously excited.
    A home student
    Thanks very much
    You joined the Facebook group yet....?
    I still havent had a chance to reflect on the fact that I'm going to Cambridge loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadz123456)
    Thanks very much
    You joined the Facebook group yet....?
    I still havent had a chance to reflect on the fact that I'm going to Cambridge loool
    I tried a couple of hours ago, but thus far they have refused to accept me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinysheep)
    I tried a couple of hours ago, but thus far they have refused to accept me
    Hahaha I don't think they refused you, probably no one on it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm clinging on to this - I think it would be a record to be socially exiled before I've even gone :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanuuu)
    Yay for more Corpus people! I'm going to do engineering there, apparently as one of only three people. But I guess I should have expected that chosing such a small college...

Anyway, did you get your letter in the mail or in email? Because the only thing I got so far was an email with reading I need to do before the course starts. No standard moving-to-college-related welcome package or anything.
    Mine was a letter in the mail. I haven't received an email though...

Also I think there are 5 people who are doing engineering (assuming they all made their offers): http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...us_christi.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else not heard anything from their college? All I got was an acceptance letter in the post yesterday... I need to know who my parents are NOW
    SUPER excited for october
    Any fellow MMLers found themselves with rather a lot to read over the next six weeks? Eek...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanuuu)
    Yay for more Corpus people! I'm going to do engineering there, apparently as one of only three people. But I guess I should have expected that chosing such a small college...

Anyway, did you get your letter in the mail or in email? Because the only thing I got so far was an email with reading I need to do before the course starts. No standard moving-to-college-related welcome package or anything.
    Corpus Engineers woooooooo! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002619531025
    Add the Corpus Fresher profile, btw have you had word about your college parents yet?
    Also why apparently one of three engineers, how did you know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kebabbi)
    I'm in English at John's, a bit worried that I haven't received a reading list or anything other than my acceptance letter... should I have done?
    Don't know how helpful this will be, but I've got a place for English at Selwyn and I haven't got anything other than a 'Congratulations' letter either. I think different colleges/subjects do everything at a different pace. I'm dying to get more info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammichealjackson)
    I got in to corpus christi too

In your letter did you get a sheet about cambridge parties or something to go to before going to uni
    Don't worry about the local "Cambridge" party, no-one I know went to one of those. Have you had word about college parents in your letter yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe17292)
    Mine was a letter in the mail. I haven't received an email though...

Also I think there are 5 people who are doing engineering (assuming they all made their offers): http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...us_christi.pdf
    Well, it might be that I'm an oversee student... Now it seems that I need to be patient... BUT IT'S SO HARD!

ReputationRep:
    Good (or bad) thing about being a NatSci - there's at least (about) 20 of you at each college...
    There's 28 Natural Scientists at Christs alone (assuming all of them met their offers ofcourse)! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe two of the five didn't make it with their grades? Poor souls...

(Original post by azhao)
    Also why apparently one of three engineers, how did you know that?
    In this pre-course reading materials email I mentioned there was only three people on a mailing list. Deduction then.

Also, if the welcome letter is sent through traditional post then I'll have to wait a bit more as I'm an oversea student.
    WHY BEING PATIENT IS SO HARD?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Good (or bad) thing about being a NatSci - there's at least (about) 20 of you at each college...
    There's 28 Natural Scientists at Christs alone (assuming all of them met their offers ofcourse)! :eek:
    I think there are only 10, or 16 at my college (depending on whether the stats thing on their website includes offers made by other colleges in their total) and don't forget about half of them will be doing mainly biological courses and the other half physical ones. So it's really just 4 or 7 other people at my college.

ReputationRep:
    I think there are only 10, or 16 at my college (depending on whether the stats thing on their website includes offers made by other colleges in their total) and don't forget about half of them will be doing mainly biological courses and the other half physical ones. So it's really just 4 or 7 other people at my college.
    Oh yes, Corpus is quite a small college isn't it.
    But even then, in comparison to the other courses in Corpus, probably 16 NatScis would be a lot

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'll be starting an English degree. Feel free to message me if you're doing English

When I checked my UCAS Track I noticed that my Insurance Choice had been updated since August 15th and my Firm Choice (Cambridge) since August 16th. Does this mean that I would have seen the decisions had I logged on earlier on these particular dates?

Also, roughly how much would an ensuite room cost (I know it varies between the colleges) and do you have to pay full terms worth fees upfront?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma1701)
    Has anyone else not heard anything from their college? All I got was an acceptance letter in the post yesterday... I need to know who my parents are NOW
    SUPER excited for october
    Any fellow MMLers found themselves with rather a lot to read over the next six weeks? Eek...
    I've been looking forward to kids so I checked my emails from last near and I got my dads email on the 26th of August... not too long to wait now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    I've been looking forward to kids so I checked my emails from last near and I got my dads email on the 26th of August... not too long to wait now!
    You are going to have kids?! :eyeball:

I fear for their chaste lives.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone(:
    can someone please explain to me the whole thing with college families, parents and children? I've seen a few people posting about this but I don't know what is it. I want a family too(:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobyc)
    Thanks! And well done on getting an S and a 1, that's a great result. I personally found this year's STEP II paper the hardest I have seen (out of the past papers I've tried), and the people on here afterwards seemed to be saying similar things, so well done for getting a 1 on it! I wasn't even sure I'd made a 2 when I came out of the exam, and I was pretty certain I hadn't got a 1 (which I needed in one of them), but luckily STEP III went well for me so it didn't matter. Why didn't you have to take STEP III? Does your school not offer further maths? I don't really know how the Scottish system works.
    Thanks, but I had 62 marks in paper II so I was on the boundary! STEP III was supposed to be a fair paper this year, so getting an S in it means you are proper Cambridge S-material. In scotland we split Pure, Mechanics and Statistics into seperate subjects, and you can normally only take two of those. The reason why Scottish students don't take III is that our course places different emphasis on different things (we always have to do our own thing ) so we don't have the equivalent of a Further Maths a-level. I suppose you know of any Churchill mathmo's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmayrhofen)
    That was very helpful. Thanks. Whilst revising for my A levels i never thought i would say this but Im actually looking forward to working again...one other question: regarding pre reading, in how much should the books be read?
    Not much tbh. If you have "Learning the Law" by Glanville Williams, give that a read as it gives a nice basis and explains a few terms like ratio decidendi and obiter dictum (you'll pick this up quickly anyway though). Otherwise, it's not amazingly helpful so if you don't have the time, don't bother

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.