Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone else applying to Economics and Management a Kings College London? If so have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Bristol offer for economics and econometrics (L140)!

AAA including maths and economics
    AA in C3 and C4

Was expecting A*AA!

Ps the email I got was subject "new visit days available". Why could it have been: "CONGRATS YOU GOT AN OFFER" I was so confused!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heard from Durham at last! Offer A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer, Surrey AAB Economics sandwich course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ross95)
    Bristol offer for economics and econometrics (L140)!

AAA including maths and economics
    AA in C3 and C4

Was expecting A*AA!

Ps the email I got was subject "new visit days available". Why could it have been: "CONGRATS YOU GOT AN OFFER" I was so confused!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So it's more of an unexpected surprise .

ReputationRep:
    Industrial Economics at Nottingham or Pure Economics at York
    Trying to decide which offer to firm, both are AAB offers...
    Discuss

ReputationRep:
    Guys i'm at the last year of high school and i will have my diploma in July as well as my ielts results.
    Let's suppose that I will obtain 5 unconditional offers from all my choices; will I have to decide to wich university I'll go before having all my results? Or I'm going to have the opportunity to make my choice once I've got everything? (of course in so doing I can compare my results to the requirements)

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still stuck between Surrey sw course and york @[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazekid75)
    Ive applied at York too, think surrey's work placement and location edges York though. But then again York is russell group.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazekid75)
    I would say York's reputation edges Surrey's but then the year in industry at Surrey will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bath (sandwich year) or Nottingham for Economics? I was kind of leaning towards Nottingham to begin with because it is a good uni and my social life would probably be better, but academically and job prospects wise, is Bath the better option?

ReputationRep:
    Throwing it out there: York or Birmingham for Economics Bsc? I have offers from both right now and I need to pick an insurance. (Obviously I'm going to visit etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monstercable)
    Bath (sandwich year) or Nottingham for Economics? I was kind of leaning towards Nottingham to begin with because it is a good uni and my social life would probably be better, but academically and job prospects wise, is Bath the better option?
    Bath definitely. Placement year is good for employment, and Bath is a better uni.

(Original post by Pro Crastination)
    Throwing it out there: York or Birmingham for Economics Bsc? I have offers from both right now and I need to pick an insurance. (Obviously I'm going to visit etc.)[/SIZE]
    York.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    Bath definitely. Placement year is good for employment, and Bath is a better uni.

York.
    Yey. I am a Bath firmer atm, looking forward to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Current economics fresher at Nottingham here, if there's anything anyone wants to know feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    Yey. I am a Bath firmer atm, looking forward to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will probably be firming Bath too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikeytations)
    Current economics fresher at Nottingham here, if there's anything anyone wants to know feel free to ask!
    How are you finding the course so far and the social life? Also what opportunities do you have in terms of job prospects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikeytations)
    Have you found a large amount of readjustment from A2 levels to first year undegraduate economics so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monstercable)
    How are you finding the course so far and the social life? Also what opportunities do you have in terms of job prospects?
    So far the course has been very interesting for me. You get to study a whole different branch to economics that you don't have the chance to (at least I didn't) at A level, I do a couple of modules that are more to do historical economics which i've found very intriguing. The core module I do is somewhat similar to the kind of material I covered at AS/A level (micro-economics, moving onto macro next semester), whilst there has been a fair bit of material repeated it goes into a bit more depth. There isn't that many contact hours on my timetable compared to some other courses - 15 before you add in tutorials, of which you have three 1 hour tutorials per module across the term, so on that front it isn't too demanding.

Social life is a massive plus for me at Nottingham, particularly compared to what I was used to before I came to uni (came from south London). There's at least one student club night on every day of the week, plus a whole load of extra events such as varsity pub crawls etc. There always seems to be some sort of student offer going on aswell, such as a free drink upon entry which is always nice.

The economics society offers plenty of opportunities to create links and contacts whilst your here. They always post news of any internships and summer programmes from Barclays to Blackrock, and are happy to help with the application process and such.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.