Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesePuffff)
    It was okay I just made several stupid mistakes, I hope it's okay, think I need a good B in both papers to get an A overall (fingers crossed, I have no idea how I'm actually going to do). How was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    awww im sure you will get it !!! mine was the same i made some silly miskakes but some questions baffled me which has never happened before i need 75 out of 85 for an a* OVER ALL so i dont thin k i will get it
    the think that is anoying is that i can get and a* in all exams and coursework and not get an A|* overall

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the Edexcel GCSE History A course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    in what way? as in you are in year 9 so you'll have lower boundaries (or your own) ? .... No sorry
    or if there are a lot of early entries overall and majority did poorly? ... yes, because they would drag the average down

does that make sense ??
    i was asking if they would go down or up not in a mean way

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do the edexcel geography A skills and challenges exam ?//
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Vashappeninkira)
    Me

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming back from holiday on results day so will have no access to internet until I get home very late at night. Does anyone know the protocol for if you don't go in to collect them? I know it might differ from school to school, but I'm assuming they'll post them?

ReputationRep:
    I did aswell, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what order the results are in on the paper? Is it by exams you did first to last, or just random?

ReputationRep:
    awww im sure you will get it !!! mine was the same i made some silly miskakes but some questions baffled me which has never happened before i need 75 out of 85 for an a* OVER ALL so i dont thin k i will get it
    the think that is anoying is that i can get and a* in all exams and coursework and not get an A|* overall
    Thank you I need two good A*s in these papers to get an A* overall so I don't think I will get it either! But I think an A is a good grade to aim for seeing as I got a B in my first exam and didn't resit! (don't think I would have done as well in my June exams if I had to revise for biology too)
    Oh that's weird! How come? On AQA it's very possible I could get Bs on all three exams but because I got an A* on coursework I can get an A?! I'm sure you would have done great though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boldred)
    I'm coming back from holiday on results day so will have no access to internet until I get home very late at night. Does anyone know the protocol for if you don't go in to collect them? I know it might differ from school to school, but I'm assuming they'll post them?
    At my school they already have our individual address on the envelope when we come to collect them, and then send home the ones that weren't picked up the same day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smarty.)
    I did aswell, how did you find it?
    i found the second bit easy but the first bit with the welsh map was soooooo difficult what about you???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Me
    how did you find it ?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    how did you find it ?
    I didn't like the map stuff. The challenges part was fine. What about you ?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I need two good A*s in these papers to get an A* overall so I don't think I will get it either! But I think an A is a good grade to aim for seeing as I got a B in my first exam and didn't resit! (don't think I would have done as well in my June exams if I had to revise for biology too)
    Oh that's weird! How come? On AQA it's very possible I could get Bs on all three exams but because I got an A* on coursework I can get an A?! I'm sure you would have done great though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wish i did aqa i hear its a good exam board for science THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! what other subjects and boards are you with

ReputationRep:
    the challeneges was easy but the maps was soooo difficult !!!!! i liturally felt like crying !!! how do you think the grade boundries are like ???/

ReputationRep:
    i wish i did aqa i hear its a good exam board for science THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! what other subjects and boards are you with
    Yeah, and you're welcome
    Uhm I did AQA english, OCR French, art and RE, edexcel history and maths, and WJEC media! What about you - any in common?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any strategies/ things to say of calming your parents down when you get bad grades?????
    My parents sound like the complete opposite to yours-have you got any strategies for stopping your parents from saying stupid things like"you tried your best" "it's still a pass", when you've failed?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and you're welcome
    Uhm I did AQA english, OCR French, art and RE, edexcel history and maths, and WJEC media! What about you - any in common?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahaha yeah a few in common !!!!! edexcel geo maths (linear) ocr french re bio chem phy aqa history and english how did you find the re and the french !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    My parents sound like the complete opposite to yours-have you got any strategies for stopping your parents from saying stupid things like"you tried your best" "it's still a pass", when you've failed?
    hahahhaha if only they did say that !!!! ive got my parents saying and b is an fail and im like oh hell no should i get the rule book out !!!! they are all like you better do good or else !!! or else what ??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    in what way? as in you are in year 9 so you'll have lower boundaries (or your own) ? .... No sorry
    or if there are a lot of early entries overall and majority did poorly? ... yes, because they would drag the average down

does that make sense ??
    Early entries shouldn't really effect the grade boundaries-if the standard produced by pupils is very poor then pass rates will be very low.The grade boundaries are calculated through comparing the standards of pupils from year to year-it's not done like top 10% A* or top 20% A or any fixed percentage but there are rumours of results being fixed to percentages to avoid grade inflation.The model that GCSEs are run under means that 100% could get an A* if they are talented enough but this is extremely extremely unlikely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.