ReputationRep:
    http://footymemes.lockerdome.com/med...otos/107781005

Song's face is just priceless

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol was just about to post that

ReputationRep:
    OMG! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    "What we think is it can have a direct effect on their motivation - on ours too, obviously. But particularly on them because the difference from last year is we are on an upward spiral in terms of confidence and they are in a negative spiral in terms of results - and to be out of that negative spiral is extremely difficult."

Andre Villa Boas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parano!d)
    Such deluded arsenal fans celebrating 4th place as if its a trophy. so so lucky, but dont worry spurs are only growing whereas arsenal seem to be stuck in the same place season after season.

that's one thing you cant take away from us, and its ambition. u guys enjoy ur 4th place finish, as the only way for u lot now is down. maybe next season u can keep hold of a few "loyal" gunners eh lads? :laugh:

COYS.
    Arsenal are the only team growing mate. The people saying ''Arsenal aint won nothing in 8 years so obviously they've made no progress'' are either ignorant or just badly want o believe that narrative.

It takes alot to build a top football club and we've spent the last 8 years paying for this little piece of 450m real estate in N5:

Arsenal's revenues will shortly be the 4th highest in the World(and way way above Spurs') thanks to the sacrifices we've made. So how exactly do you think Spurs are going to compete with us when even at the bottom of a cycle, we still finish above Spurs?

Ambition? Our ambition is to compete with the Bayern Munichs and Barcelonas of this world. Your ambition is to get a cup run in the Europa League going. We're not celebrating 4th because we think its a trophy, we're celebrating it because it puts us in a fantastic position to compete for the league over the long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    "What we think is it can have a direct effect on their motivation - on ours too, obviously. But particularly on them because the difference from last year is we are on an upward spiral in terms of confidence and they are in a negative spiral in terms of results - and to be out of that negative spiral is extremely difficult."

Andre Villa Boas
    I also remember him saying after they beat us that that was us out of the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe how many hating that we got 4th. And they say we make a lot out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arsenal are the only team growing mate. The people saying ''Arsenal aint won nothing in 8 years so obviously they've made no progress'' are either ignorant or just badly want o believe that narrative.

It takes alot to build a top football club and we've spent the last 8 years paying for this little piece of 450m real estate in N5:

Arsenal's revenues will shortly be the 4th highest in the World(and way way above Spurs') thanks to the sacrifices we've made. So how exactly do you think Spurs are going to compete with us when even at the bottom of a cycle, we still finish above Spurs?

Ambition? Our ambition is to compete with the Bayern Munichs and Barcelonas of this world. Your ambition is to get a cup run in the Europa League going. We're not celebrating 4th because we think its a trophy, we're celebrating it because it puts us in a fantastic position to compete for the league over the long term.
    Wonderful post.

ReputationRep:
    People are really complaining about how we celebrated that?

Okay, in the first half of the season A LOT of people were saying the players showed no passion or drive in games and that they didnkt give a **** about whether we won or not. A lot of people said the only person who did care was Jack Wilshere, something I thought was very unfair to say. We're on a 10 match unbeaten streak right now so people might have short memories of what they said at the start/middle of the season and a lot of people were saying they thought the players looked like they didn't give a ****.

Today, the players celebrated passionately and with a sense that they understood what it means for the club to (a) be the dominant North London team and to always finish above Spurs and (b) to get Arsenal in the Champions League. I for one am glad they celebrated gow they did - it showed passion and an understanding of how important it was to win today for the fans by running over to them and applauding them. I really couldn't care if people think they shouldn't havecelebrated how they did, I'd rather thr players have done that than walked off the pitch as usual. Even Arsene said in his post-match interview that this current squad have the best spirit of almost any he's ever worked with - quite a statement. Today wasn't a trophy but it was a very, very good day for the club considering there was a time when we couldn't get aboce 7th for a while. If people want to try and put a dampener on that I couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)

Okay, in the first half of the season A LOT of people were saying the players showed no passion or drive in games and that they didnkt give a **** about whether we won or not. A lot of people said the only person who did care was Jack Wilshere, something I thought was very unfair to say. We're on a 10 match unbeaten streak right now so people might have short memories of what they said at the start/middle of the season and a lot of people were saying they thought the players looked like they didn't give a ****.

Today, the players celebrated passionately and with a sense that they understood what it means for the club to (a) be the dominant North London team and to always finish above Spurs and (b) to get Arsenal in the Champions League. I for one am glad they celebrated gow they did - it showed passion and an understanding of how important it was to win today for the fans by running over to them and applauding them. I really couldn't care if people think they shouldn't havecelebrated how they did, I'd rather thr players have done that than walked off the pitch as usual. Even Arsene said in his post-match interview that this current squad have the best spirit of almost any he's ever worked with - quite a statement. Today wasn't a trophy but it was a very, very good day for the club considering there was a time when we couldn't get aboce 7th for a while. If people want to try and put a dampener on that I couldn't care less.
    You should have seen AC Milan after the final whistle. They secured CL football and they were celebrating like crazy

ReputationRep:
    Lol these comments make me laugh, spurs fans would have been crying in the streets if they made top 4, but they criticise arsenal about being happy we made top 4?

When spurs start making their stadium, they will probably get relagated tbh (hope they do aswell)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    You mean League Cup final:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

This whole thing about not being able to rate someone's post when you already rated them 3 weeks ago and need to rate some other people first is so annoying. This post though: brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You should have seen AC Milan after the final whistle. They secured CL football and they were celebrating like crazy
    Bit unrelated but that was a BS fixed match. Not a penalty and Mexes goal was offside. Fiorentina deserved 3rd place tbh.

Italian league has got to be the crappiest in Europe! So much racism, so many scandals, so many dodgy refereeing decisions, so many yellow cards and penalties, crappy atmosphere, empty stadiums. RAGEEE!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    This whole thing about not being able to rate someone's post when you already rated them 3 weeks ago and need to rate some other people first is so annoying. This post though: brilliant.
    dont lie the only reason you like is beause there is a great picture of the stadium lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    dont lie the only reason you like is beause there is a great picture of the stadium lol
    mate, it's shiny as **** though..

ReputationRep:
    well atleast jovetic is a banker to leave fiorentina, so chances of getting him are increasing now

(Original post by Dami_O)
    mate, it's shiny as **** though..
    yeh its pretty stunning asthetically

ReputationRep:

And the very same fans that were criticizing the team are joining in the celebration:rofl: pesky fans..

Anyways, I always knew, in my heart and head, that Arsenal would finish in the top 4. I just couldn't fathom the idea that Arsenal would finish outside top 4 and I maintained this view from start to finish.

I have never been his excited for the new season to start! ! next season will be the season that Arsenal will win something!

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal> Tottenham again
    I agree. It shows that the players do care about the club- kinda like that wigan gk who was in tears the other night after being relegated.

Obviously finishing 4th and coming in the top two is different- and I'm unsure how we're going to approach next season- but the players have every right to celebrate as they did themselves proud for the last 30% of the season.

Also it's hilarious hearing some of the spuds comments. Their best team couldn't beat one of our worst, and yet they're giving it all that talk about how they have ambition. Even if they did have that, it wouldn't mean anything with their inferior revenues and custard cream stadium. Also bye bye Bale.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.