Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    we need more immigrants

ReputationRep:
    I'll be a lot freer now that exams are gone, and I'm thinking of different ways to improve the education system. I'm sorry but right now I can't tell you that much about it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mevidek)
    I'll be a lot freer now that exams are gone, and I'm thinking of different ways to improve the education system. I'm sorry but right now I can't tell you that much about it.
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Why not?
    Mainly because I haven't thought much about it recently.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mevidek)
    Mainly because I haven't thought much about it recently.
    Well at least you're honest

ReputationRep:
    what does your party think of House of Lords reform? :holmes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Also: has the party worked out any plans for education yet or any welfare reforms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    what does your party think of House of Lords reform? :holmes:
    We support the real life Labour party's view on the reforms and would oppose the changes & motion. We believe that more debate needs to be had before further, more conclusive discussions can take place.

Also: has the party worked out any plans for education yet or any welfare reforms?
    David, when he returns, intends to work with JPKC on education reform/bills as our Shadow Education Secretary is currently on other business.

I will make sure that David follows this through upon his return as I do feel education reform is one of the party's next priorities for development before the next election.

RoryS
    Acting Leader of TSR Labour
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by RoryS)
    We support the real life Labour party's view on the reforms and would oppose the changes & motion. We believe that more debate needs to be had before further, more conclusive discussions can take place.

David, when he returns, intends to work with JPKC on education reform/bills as our Shadow Education Secretary is currently on other business.

I will make sure that David follows this through upon his return as I do feel education reform is one of the party's next priorities for development before the next election.

RoryS
    Acting Leader of TSR Labour
    Glad to hear it.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know it's rather a stupid question, but where can I find a comprehensive list (if one exists..) of TSR Labour Party's policies/views? I've looked on the newbie FAQ but all I managed to find was a brief summary of what each party had achieved so far and a couple of things they'd like to introduce.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by benpearson1)
    Hi, I know it's rather a stupid question, but where can I find a comprehensive list (if one exists..) of TSR Labour Party's policies/views? I've looked on the newbie FAQ but all I managed to find was a brief summary of what each party had achieved so far and a couple of things they'd like to introduce.
    You might find it useful to have a look here, at the manifestos for the last election. Usually most party policies are outlined there. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Not a stupid question at all Ben, thanks for asking. I'd follow Birchington's advice and have a look at the manifesto we created in March. I wasn't around in March, but the leader davidmarsh01 was so get in contact with him if you wish. However, he's currently on holiday so I'm acting Leader.

Feel free to ask any further questions here and I or another Labour MP will try to answer them.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anyone planning on attending this year's conference?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The last general election's manifestos should give you a pretty good idea. Go to the MHoC History wiki-page and go to the bit for the most recent parliament, then click on the link to the general election we held last April. Alternatively, head to the Hansard and search for the bills submitted by each party to get a good idea of the stuff they get about to. The truth is most parties don't really have policies - individual members in the parties occasionally do. For instance, TSR Labour is split evenly between centre-right and centre-left groups when it comes to economic policy. The same happens in most parties on certain issues.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to look at my policies (on the lines of the Monster Raving Loony Party)- you know it makes sense.

Have the Labour Party any opinions on next week's planned strike by some public sector workers? Isn't it a bit late if we want to upset potential Olympic opponents in events British athletes have a chance of winning?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :yep:

I've been every year since 2010 and this year it's held within walking distance of my house so not going would be weird.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by JPKC)
    :yep:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    You going to the youth days or just the general conference? I'm undecided myself.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You going to the youth days or just the general conference? I'm undecided myself.
    General conference, CLP youth delegate. The youth days are fine if you can't get there for the whole thing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.