Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melmac)
    where else hav you applied?
    glasgow and edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    thanks i hope so

(Original post by Descartes93)
    Hey, don't worry! Remember that you are going up against hundreds/thousands of applicants and your institution probably has a very limited amount of places so they are going to be extra picky. The fact that your friend was also rejected shows the competition is just really fierce this year. You have done as much as YOU can, so don't beat yourself up! There are always reasons why things happen, and although they may not be clear right now, trust me something better is waiting for you. Chin up, I'm positive you will get the responses you want from your other places xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kk2k13)
    I applied today to Chichester, Brighton and Sussex after waiting for my last reference! Good luck!
    That's exciting Thank you, good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinitus)
    May I asked when and for what you applied at Oxford? I'm still waiting for them to get back to me
    Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys... I've got a terrible case of the fear.

I applied for PGCE history in IoE London, Exeter and Bristol. My primary referee (my old thesis supervisor) filled out the reference on the night of my application. But my secondary referee has yet to do it!! She has promised she will do it tomorrow morning first thing. I teach English as a foreign language abroad and she is my boss. I had no idea interviews were already happening until I read this forum. Am I totally screwed or what? Even if I send it off tomorrow it looks like a lot of courses will have closed?

I finished UNI in 2010. I really want to do this course but now I feel that I've been screwed over by this referee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippygirl)
    just recieved an unsuccessful from Strathclyde without an interview or anything. i'm so gutted started crying walking home from uni at 8, and got a text from a friend in uni that has applied for the same course saying she never got in either. now i am really starting to doubt my whole application and it sucks so much.
    was it for primary?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody that applied for PGCE secondary at Liverpool Hope heard anything back from them? My UCAS application update status to interview but I haven't actually received anything from them, worrying that I might miss the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niniannon)
    Has anybody that applied for PGCE secondary at Liverpool Hope heard anything back from them? My UCAS application update status to interview but I haven't actually received anything from them, worrying that I might miss the interview
    Click on it and it will tell you the date of the interview. At least mine does (for a different provider/course).

I haven't had any details about the interview, all I know is what is on Track, which says "Interview" under the decision column, and then clicking on it tells me the date of the interview.

I expect further details will be sent out by post or e-mail - my Track has only updated tonight, so could be another 3 or so days before I receive anything else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    Click on it and it will tell you the date of the interview. At least mine does (for a different provider/course).

I haven't had any details about the interview, all I know is what is on Track, which says "Interview" under the decision column, and then clicking on it tells me the date of the interview.

I expect further details will be sent out by post or e-mail - my Track has only updated tonight, so could be another 3 or so days before I receive anything else!
    Thank you, I found it now, although they've arranged it for the only day I stated on my application that I was unavailable for interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niniannon)
    Thank you, I found it now, although they've arranged it for the only day I stated on my application that I was unavailable for interview
    Sounds like a test...

Why can't you make it?

My uni that I'm at for undergrad, their English PGCE department state that they'll happily attempt to reschedule interviews if it is possible, they just can't guarantee it.

So you could always ask them just in case - but I would personally reschedule the other thing instead, if at all possible, and only ask as a last resort.

Good luck!

I didn't put any dates on my application form..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    was it for primary?
    Nah secondary art, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for the Business program at IOE?

ReputationRep:
    After completing my application on Friday my secondary referee has finally finished her reference - turned out she did it days ago and forgot to click save and continue...

Anyway, all sent now! Nerves!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwoGallants)
    Hey guys... I've got a terrible case of the fear.

I applied for PGCE history in IoE London, Exeter and Bristol. My primary referee (my old thesis supervisor) filled out the reference on the night of my application. But my secondary referee has yet to do it!! She has promised she will do it tomorrow morning first thing. I teach English as a foreign language abroad and she is my boss. I had no idea interviews were already happening until I read this forum. Am I totally screwed or what? Even if I send it off tomorrow it looks like a lot of courses will have closed?

I finished UNI in 2010. I really want to do this course but now I feel that I've been screwed over by this referee.
    I had exactly the same thing, my secondary reference was late so I only sent my application off today. I'm applying for secondary English which is similarly competitive so hopefully we're not too late. To be honest I doubt many courses have fully closed yet, UCAS has only been open for two weeks so as far as I'm aware we should be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amul1992)
    I had exactly the same thing, my secondary reference was late so I only sent my application off today. I'm applying for secondary English which is similarly competitive so hopefully we're not too late. To be honest I doubt many courses have fully closed yet, UCAS has only been open for two weeks so as far as I'm aware we should be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you have sent it off then you're fine, if they were closed you wouldn't have been able to. It's likely that most courses who do close very early on will reopen when they've processed a few days of applicants anyway.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippygirl)
    glasgow and edinburgh
    me too. Its much better this year, least we have a chance at all 3 universities this time. where is your first choice? I hate all this waiting around to see. Im sure i read somewhere that edinburgh first interviews are 17th dec, and glasgow are dec aswell!

ReputationRep:
    UCAS says after you apply that:
    "I both apply 1 and apply 2 you have 10 working days to reply to any offers you've got. In apply 1, the 10 working days starts when you've had a decision from all your choices"

Does that mean that if, under the decision column 2 unis offer me an interview, but 1 uni has already interviewed me and offered me a place that the 10 days begin from then. Or does it mean that it will wait until all after all interviews when all 3 unis have offered you a place/declined you? I'm worrying because Worcester have offered me an interview 15th January, but if the other unis offer me an interview before xmas and then give me an offer, will I then only have 10 days to accept/decline this offer from then? I.e. I would have to pick whether or not to accept it before the Worcester interview, when Worcester is my first choice, but I wouldn't want to turn down an offer in case I didn't get another... I'm just a bit confused with the wording... Thanks
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    UCAS says after you apply that:
    "I both apply 1 and apply 2 you have 10 working days to reply to any offers you've got. In apply 1, the 10 working days starts when you've had a decision from all your choices"

Does that mean that if, under the decision column 2 unis offer me an interview, but 1 uni has already interviewed me and offered me a place that the 10 days begin from then. Or does it mean that it will wait until all after all interviews when all 3 unis have offered you a place/declined you? I'm worrying because Worcester have offered me an interview 15th January, but if the other unis offer me an interview before xmas and then give me an offer, will I then only have 10 days to accept/decline this offer from then? I.e. I would have to pick whether or not to accept it before the Worcester interview, when Worcester is my first choice, but I wouldn't want to turn down an offer in case I didn't get another... I'm just a bit confused with the wording... Thanks
    The 10 days starts when you have received an offer from, or been rejected by, all three choices.

ReputationRep:
    Still no sign of my second reference, despite being toldit would definitely be done yesterday. Trying not to panic much but... :-(

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied to manchester and know as part of their process you have to sit a maths, English and science exam.
    Anyone know what depth of subject knowledge they will be expecting for science?
    Im fine with the other two but not really sure what to expect for science.
    Any pointers? Or anyone sitting a science exam for their course?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.