The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krollo
My 23rd - luckily I like physics so it isn't much of a drag.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I usually do to! Loved P7 when learning it but it's making my eyes go wonky, lmao. Think I've spent too much time indoors this exam season. Can't wait till Summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Lol! That urghh literally describes life right now when I looked at that book. Took one look at it and decided to kick back and procrastinate until tomorrow..

And 25?! You're nearly there, get through this! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of my friends has 30 exams, exams be crazy. ;w;

Yup..I'm meant to be revising now..ahwell xD
I started to lose motivation for exams just before the 7s started :biggrin: It doesn't help either that the last time I looked at P7 was more than a month ago! I've completely forgotten everything which is making revision for this exam so much longer arghh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2683
I've written up naked-eye astronomy so now I need to start lenses... at least that's quite interesting. Does anyone have a feeling that P7 might be quite nice on Monday?
Im drained from 26 exams, i thought id be motivated for the last exam but its not the case
it doesnt help that i hate physics
Original post by Sulfur
I've written up naked-eye astronomy so now I need to start lenses... at least that's quite interesting. Does anyone have a feeling that P7 might be quite nice on Monday?

No, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2686
Is this the last exam out of the whole exam series does anyone know? No-one that I know has got any exams after this, nor have I seen anyone on TSR speak about having one after this?
Reply 2687
Any questions on extra-terrestrial life would just be weird tbh
Original post by Sulfur
Is this the last exam out of the whole exam series does anyone know? No-one that I know has got any exams after this, nor have I seen anyone on TSR speak about having one after this?

For OCR, there's a few more exams at our level on the 24th but they're all fairly unpopular. AQA has a few RS exams, otherwise that seems to be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by azo
Any questions on extra-terrestrial life would just be weird tbh

If you want to read something mindblowing, read the 'Wow!' signal article on wikipedia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sulfur

Theirs statistics same day but later on at 1:50 (yay :frown: ) i heard someone was doing one on the 24th but it may be a different type of qualification or i may be mistaken :/
Original post by Sulfur

I've seen the specimen paper and that is quite nice but the june 2013 one isn't :lol: it depends on what topics they focus on tbh, provided they don't reuse to many topics from last years paper i think it'll be quite nice :smile:
For Cepheid Variables, if a star has a high observed brightness and a long pulse period, how are you supposed to determine how far away it is?
Reply 2693
Original post by Krollo
For OCR, there's a few more exams at our level on the 24th but they're all fairly unpopular. AQA has a few RS exams, otherwise that seems to be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eeek - I'm glad I did Unit 1 and Unit 3 RS then :smile:

Original post by lyricalvibe
I've seen the specimen paper and that is quite nice but the june 2013 one isn't :lol: it depends on what topics they focus on tbh, provided they don't reuse to many topics from last years paper i think it'll be quite nice :smile:

For C7, my teacher gave everyone loads of past questions from the old specification and I looked through them the night before - quite a bit of what they contained contained came up in the C7 exam (activation energy, catalysts, energy changes etc) so I'm trying to find some for the old P7 exam.
Reply 2694
Original post by Krollo
If you want to read something mindblowing, read the 'Wow!' signal article on wikipedia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very strange, indeed.
Reply 2695
Can somebody explain the difference between point source and extended source to me, please :frown:
To be honest, I just feel like saying 'f*** it' to this exam. It's my last one and I couldn't care less about the topic :noway:
Heheh at my school we didn't get taught the 7's because our teachers ran out of time with the controlled assessments ._. So for all of the 7's I have been teaching my self everything two days before. D< And physics is really painful, I gave up for today I think. XD
Original post by Sulfur

For C7, my teacher gave everyone loads of past questions from the old specification and I looked through them the night before - quite a bit of what they contained contained came up in the C7 exam (activation energy, catalysts, energy changes etc) so I'm trying to find some for the old P7 exam.

Oh, that's pretty cool :biggrin: i might do the same, i would have for C7 but for some reason i have this idea that they had harder questions back then- any truth in that? I'll try a few tomorrow i think, how you doing with P7?
Original post by olmyster911
To be honest, I just feel like saying 'f*** it' to this exam. It's my last one and I couldn't care less about the topic :noway:

Ooooorrrr, it's you last and you're gonna go out with all guns blazing, revision guides squirming and physics rejoicing that it'll never have to encounter you again: the one that 'got' it :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending