Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, does anyone know if/where we can get hold of more HECO practice questions since the HAT format has changed? The only ones I've been able to find are those in the 2015 sample paper, but I'd ideally like to have a crack at a few more before the real thing. Is it worth emailing or trying to contact the history faculty at Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone look over my personal statement quickly to help me cut it down by about 100 characters? I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences.Would be much appreciated. :-)
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy May)
    Can anyone look over my personal statement quickly to help me cut it down by about 100 characters? I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences.Would be much appreciated. :-)
    Not a good idea...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Not a good idea...Posted from TSR Mobile
    WHY?!?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    WHY?!?
    Plagiarism detectors

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    WHY?!?
    Because, plagiarism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi I'm Wendy Bloyce-Goodier and I want to study Geography with CDDUU in PE, Media and commumications, Sociology, Maths and Further Maths. I had a bad day or 2 and was on my period at the time so was not in the best of luck. They wont let me retake the year because they say it isn't necessary, so they predicted me 5 a*s and ill be applying to oxford st peters college. do I have a reasonable chance?? I know how competitive it is even for outstanding applicants such as myself thank you please reply asap I'm really worried

ReputationRep:
    Because, plagiarism.Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I was hoping to find someone trustworthy enough to not copy my work, if that's what you mean.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youarealiar)
    hi I'm Wendy Bloyce-Goodier and I want to study Geography with CDDUU in PE, Media and commumications, Sociology, Maths and Further Maths. I had a bad day or 2 and was on my period at the time so was not in the best of luck. They wont let me retake the year because they say it isn't necessary, so they predicted me 5 a*s and ill be applying to oxford st peters college. do I have a reasonable chance?? I know how competitive it is even for outstanding applicants such as myself thank you please reply asap I'm really worried
    Lol

Get your results first then apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Well I was hoping to find someone trustworthy enough to not copy my work, if that's what you mean.
    Well the problem is that you presumably don't know any of the people here personally, so you don't really have any guarantee that they're who they say they are. Of course most people here probably wouldn't plagiarise or publicise what you've written but that's certainly not a risk I'd have wanted to take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Lol

Get your results first then apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have got my AS levels as stated above. Can I get at least A*A*A*A*U?

ReputationRep:
    Because, plagiarism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no, mo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Well the problem is that you presumably don't know any of the people here personally, so you don't really have any guarantee that they're who they say they are. Of course most people here probably wouldn't plagiarise or publicise what you've written but that's certainly not a risk I'd have wanted to take.
    OK, thanks for your advice. :-)

ReputationRep:
    OK, thanks for your advice. :-)
    that's alright, happy to help
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    With a name like that you're in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have got my AS levels as stated above. Can I get at least A*A*A*A*U?
    Nah, you could get 20A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, even with extenuating circumstances it would probably be very difficult to get into Oxford with those grades - you might be better focusing on other Unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    Indeed you would feel good!

My LNAT is next Wednesday, the same day as my Law mock interview that has been organised by my school, so Wednesday is going to be a hectic day!

If by some miracle I got all 5 offers, I would put Oxford first, then Durham/Bristol, then Warwick, then LSE. I've visited all but LSE and liked all 4 of them, but LSE's course looks really interesting so if I get an offer I'll make an effort to go and look around.

Do you mean that STEP isn't compulsory, but would potentially get you a lower offer if you do well in it?
    Next Wednesday!? So soon! Are you all prepared for it then?

Which one are you going to insure then out of those 4?

Yeah, It was only really Cambridge that made STEP compulsory and/or Imperial who make it compulsory if you don't do well enough in the MAT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylake)
    Warwick offers?
    Yeah, offers from Warwick aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitchentowel1)
    Anyone applying for English?
    Yep I am! Trying to get PS done atm and hoping to apply to Somerville College. You?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.