I'm going HAM with my economics revision this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait what

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Ah a nice big rich college 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not going to lie that was an attractive feature! It was also the college I thought I had the best chance of getting into aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I'm going HAM with my economics revision this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I am revising a lot too.
    I am using 6 textbooks.Last year I used 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiJH)
    Not going to lie that was an attractive feature! It was also the college I thought I had the best chance of getting into aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? I thought it was quite a competitive college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You serious? It had 106 applicants for 14 places for 2014 entry...

But 'gratz on getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    You serious? It had 106 applicants for 14 places for 2014 entry...

But 'gratz on getting in.
    Yeah but it only had 53 applicants this year. I was hoping the 104 would put people off and it seems like it did😜

Also I did all the TSA practice papers and was getting high marks so St. John's was the only one using the TSA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UCL (L100) Vs Warwick (L100). What are your opinions, which is better???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    Personally think UCL is a more prestigious course, but general opinions on this are split between the two

ReputationRep:
    Lse l101 vs ucl l100?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it only had 53 applicants this year. I was hoping the 104 would put people off and it seems like it did

Also I did all the TSA practice papers and was getting high marks so St. John's was the only one using the TSA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you played that game well, my college had 50 applicants for 6-8 places which is about average for them

ReputationRep:
    Wait what

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hard as a mother____

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Hard as a mother____
    legit never heard that before

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty much the same.

I'd pick Warwick as the uni/campus is a lot nicer imo. But it's all a matter of personal preferences, visit both and decide.

(Original post by chiara97)
    Lse l101 vs ucl l100?
    LSE L101 hands down.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it only had 53 applicants this year. I was hoping the 104 would put people off and it seems like it did😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Funny how the number game works lol.

John's is a pretty sweet college. Their May Ball was rated as the 6th best party in the world in some magazine.

As long as you can put up with the constant hate from everyone else .

ReputationRep:
    you played that game well, my college had 50 applicants for 6-8 places which is about average for them
    The college I applied to, Selwyn, had 69 applicants for 6-8 places, which is about average for the last few years but is still really competitive. The level of competition at King's looked ridiculous though this year!

ReputationRep:
    UCL solely because London is more interesting/fun/central than Warwick which is a bit of a bubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardude8)
    The college I applied to, Selwyn, had 69 applicants for 6-8 places, which is about average for the last few years but is still really competitive. The level of competition at King's looked ridiculous though this year!
    Yeah kings looked like a nightmare, such a pretty college so no surprise it's popular haha
    Did you get an offer from selwyn?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahrheit)
    I'm firming UCL L101 too, I'm also interested to see what the competition for places is like at American Unis -for me it's Columbia>>UCLA/Chicago>UPenn/Georgetown>>>>>>>the rest. To be honest I really have my heart set on Columbia but I'm imagining that this the most popular just because it's an Ivy and it's in New York City. There are only 20 places on L101 though according to the FAQ, and I think 10 different unis you can go to in third year. Wondering if that means that they send two to each? Or maybe they are more flexible? I also read somewhere I think you get priority based on your performance in first/second year.

When's your open day?
    I feel the same way about Columbia, that's one of the main things I want to find out from the open day tbh, the competition for each of the unis abroad

Mine's Wednesday 3rd of Feb, you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.