Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ugh i had to lock everyone out of it i'll pm you

(Original post by NilaJ)
    Whats your google name this isn't working...

ReputationRep:
    for the first one i put chloroplast envelope because technically the envelope is a double membrane so you did not need to specify whether inner or outer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em_mahoney)
    That's what's I'm wondering, I remember not writing S at all
    Same here. Only motor neurons carry signals from the CNS, and they end up carrying them to effectors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilei_xu)
    thank fuk i thought i was the only one who wrote that
    Yeah same ahaha

ReputationRep:
    //

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshFH)
    I thought it might be about reducing sugar loss from the surrounding tissue preventing hypoglycemia as the sugar solution is closer to blood/tissue fluid water potential.... but a quick search brought this up

"Peritoneal dialysis solution contains dextrose (or another sugar), as well as salt and minerals dissolved in water. The dextrose pulls wastes and fluids into the dialysis solution. The solution comes in concentrations of 1.5%, 2.5% and 4.25% dextrose. Higher amounts pull away more waste, which offers immediate and long-term benefits. But over time, the body absorbs dextrose -- and that causes dialysis to become less effective."

http://www.sharecare.com/health/geni...lysis-solution
    Yeah, but remember it was suggest why and not just why. That makes all the difference. They aren't expecting you to have that in depth knowledge of peritoneal dialysis, they were just looking for reasonable explanations as to why dextrose might be beneficial to the procedure based on the biological knowledge that you already have. In short, I said that dextrose lowers the water potential of the fluid, preventing haemolysis and lowers the concentration gradient of sugars between the fluid and the blood so that less sugars are removed, only toxins. I think that's perfectly reasonable for a suggest type question. If you go on past papers and look for suggest questions and google the answers, the answers you find from your google search will be different from the answers on the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich*****)
    I wrote that and I felt sooo dumb after
    But if it's right!!!!!! I'll be sooo happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah its wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.c.a1)
    for the first one i put chloroplast envelope because technically the envelope is a double membrane so you did not need to specify whether inner or outer
    YES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincentjack)
    help edit the unofficial mark scheme here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Ive requested access to help edit, won't delete it just happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomzorz)
    Same here. Only motor neurons carry signals from the CNS, and they end up carrying them to effectors
    Yeah, that's what I thought the key word was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKatex16)
    I thought it was B. Doesn't it depend on whether the motor neurone was attached to a relay neurone or not ?
    But it said 'FROM' didnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajs)
    can everyone stop deleting the answers.
    Lol, are people editing and deleting?

xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.c.a1)
    yes mate thats what i wrote hopefully its right

ReputationRep:
    this was such a gay paper ahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    But they're connected by dendrites to the CNS, no? Pretty sure that it's going to be like that other question years ago about the PSI and PSII, where they accepted PSI or both.
    But then we learnt that relay neurones connrct sensory and motor neurpnes together, so between them there must be synapses? And we experience summation and divergence all the time when we move, which can only be explained through synapses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilei_xu)
    yes mate thats what i wrote hopefully its right
    it was pointing to the inner though...

ReputationRep:
    The question about leaves adapted to the shade came up in a legacy paper. I put that they are thinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GianluigiBuffon)
    But it said 'FROM' didnt it?
    I thought it just said "is the neurone connected to a synapse" so i guess it could be at either end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    this was such a gay paper ahhhhh
    Incorrect, because there is nothing wrong with being gay but everything in this paper was wrong/****ed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GianluigiBuffon)
    IT WAS MSM WOOOOO!!! it was MSM trust me cause i asked my sister who got A* in bio and is doing dentistry
    Page 13 of the textbook last bullet point "Both sensory and motor neurones have numerous dendrites connected to other neurones"

So, it's MBM. Sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.