Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

So then why are you taking shots at Gary Neville's commentary when he's just saying what all of us think? Not really negative considering Arsenal's record and the pretty ponderous first half you made?

Gary Neville is quite amazing at reading the game and telling when there's a tactical mishap in the team. By the 20th min he predicted that Arsenal will get suckerpunched with their game. Don't see where he was being negative, or whether he's regularly a negative thinking person like you insinuated.

Yeah it's not going to happen. Maybe you could take it to 3-1 on the night and hope you do something in extra time, but I don't see you winning that tie unless Wilshere/Ramsey are back.
    So was I, hence why I didn't use any cap locks and went misc mode.
    You're always looking for an arguement these days and I quite frankly don't have time for it.

Gary Neville was negative from the get go. Funny how when other posters say this you don't go after them, easy target I get, cool. Inb4 "stop playing victim".

And you can't give me all that because I've said many times in the past that Gary Neville is such a great analyser of the game. There are so many posts to prove this. Tonight, I didn't particularly like the way he attacked Ozil. Yes he was poor but there were poorer players on the pitch. Ozil has had a fantastic few games after coming back from injury so shooting him down tonight like that was slightly harsh.
    Funniest thing is, everyone on twitter is saying this also, it's not like I even plucked it from thin air!

Ah course you didn't read, they wouldn't have helped your arguement.
    Anyways that's me done! Go on, hit me with your hardest, carry on impressing everybody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Lol Prod, I'm not!!

We could seriously crumble now, fall out of the top 4, lose to United. I could get nasty very quickly.
    peggy please, can i call you peggy?

arsenal have been very decent in the league, not amazing but good enough to be 3rd and deserve to be 3rd.
    this game was hilariously bad but i don't feel like you're just gonna crumble like usual - if you do that this year you won't have any chance of making top 4, and honestly i don't see you missing out this year.

united are 10x worse than you and will only get worse.
    liverpool are excellent at the moment but you have a nice 3 point cushion (+GD) over us.
    spurs' luck will run out and they'll drop easy points.
    the only worry for you is soton imo - they were poor against us in the final third but on another day they would have got it right and beaten us.

let's not forget, 2 of these 5 teams will make top 4 - you're certainly among the two best in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    peggy please, can i call you peggy?

arsenal have been very decent in the league, not amazing but good enough to be 3rd and deserve to be 3rd.
    this game was hilariously bad but i don't feel like you're just gonna crumble like usual - if you do that this year you won't have any chance of making top 4, and honestly i don't see you missing out this year.

united are 10x worse than you and will only get worse.
    liverpool are excellent at the moment but you have a nice 3 point cushion (+GD) over us.
    spurs' luck will run out and they'll drop easy points.
    the only worry for you is soton imo - they were poor against us in the final third but on another day they would have got it right and beaten us.

let's not forget, 2 of these 5 teams will make top 4 - you're certainly among the two best in there
    No, no you can't Lukey.

The crumble is coming, tonight was just the start, expect a diabolical performance against Everton on Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    You're always looking for an arguement these days and I quite frankly don't have time for it.

Gary Neville was negative from the get go. Funny how when other posters say this you don't go after them, easy target I get, cool. Inb4 "stop playing victim".
    I've messaged AR_95 and the TSR crew about this too. If you want I can post the conversation on my phone but I'd rather not have to do that.

And you can't give me all that because I've said many times in the past that Gary Neville is such a great analyser of the game. There are so many posts to prove this. Tonight, I didn't particularly like the way he attacked Ozil. Yes he was poor but there were poorer players on the pitch. Ozil has had a fantastic few games after coming back from injury so shooting him down tonight like that was slightly harsh.
    Funniest thing is, everyone on twitter is saying this also, it's not like I even plucked it from thin air!
    Dunno, Ozil along with Sanchez and other players were poor. He did shoot down Giroud as well, also he's got a point, these games are the sort of games Ozil would have made mincemeat of at Real Madrid, if you don't believe me, just watch some Real matches against similar opposition.

Ah course you didn't read, they wouldn't have helped your arguement.
    Anyways that's me done! Go on, hit me with your hardest, carry on impressing everybody
    Not really, maybe despite all the time I spend on here, I do have a life outside of TSR and don't read every single post on the thread. Maybe I didn't want to read the circa 200 posts from the end of the game to your posts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    No, no you can't Lukey.

The crumble is coming, tonight was just the start, expect a diabolical performance against Everton on Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    #rejected :cry2:

well i'll guess we'll see.
    not gonna lie, i would appreciate a "mini-crumble".
    want liverpool to make top 4 but really don't want you to crumble and let united in.

arsenal fans may piss me off sometimes but i would much prefer them getting top 4 rather than united buying their way back in with the help of luck and a godly keeper.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway Baconbutty was right about Lyrical Prodigy.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure who's more of a fraud, Jam or Mertesacker...

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville was just saying it how it is. Wasn't being negative just commentating on a dismal performance from Arsenal.
    So many people defend Ozil on here and I don't know why. The guy doesn't do anywhere enough to justify his price

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Gary Neville was just saying it how it is. Wasn't being negative just commentating on a dismal performance from Arsenal.
    So many people defend Ozil on here and I don't know why. The guy doesn't do anywhere enough to justify his price

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who justifies their price the least, Di Maria or Özil?

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did you guys lose 3-1 to monaco, I just saw the score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD)
    How the hell did you guys lose 3-1 to monaco, I just saw the score.
    The same way everyone else beats arsenal, obviously.
    (Or maybe the occasion has got to this head, what with being a former club, just like how the 6-0 defeat conveniently came on wenger's 1000th)

ReputationRep:
    Went to sleep straight after the terror last night.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1424932927.796908.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  27.9 KB

I hope we redeem ourselves against Everton or we are royally ****ed. It can either be a start of a beastly finish to the season, or a very very very **** one.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda makes all the gassed Arsenal fans on BBC saying Arsenal can win the CL look a bit foolish eh?

UL m8s.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Ty's interview on AFTV. Normally don't pay attention to what that idiot says but he's actually made me really angry with what he's said now. 'We had a bad day' 'I'm confident we'll still go through' shut up you **** He's a ****ing grown man who dresses like he does and, says things like that and expects people to take him seriously? People like him are the problem at our club and I hope they all eff off and go support Fulham or someone. Probably still just angry but if I'd seen that prick last night I'd probably have just punched him, ridiculous headphone wearing **** who attend every game looking like some kind of freak. It makes me ****ing sick that he supports the same club as me. I can see why Claude gets so pissed off with him now. ****ing deluded ****

Mod edit: Please don't avoid the swear filter

ReputationRep:
    There were elements of truth to what Gary Neville was saying there's no denying that. But it was clear he still had an agenda for Ozil as the criticism was starting from like the 10th/20th minute into the game and actually sounded like bitterness. Ozil was the only player he targeted when literally all our players had a bad game. It's not as black and white as to say he was only right or wrong.

Anyways guy said he'd two foot tackle Rosicky for showing off a bit of skill. He's a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    There were elements of truth to what Gary Neville was saying there's no denying that. But it was clear he still had an agenda for Ozil as the criticism was starting from like the 10th/20th minute into the game and actually sounded like bitterness. Ozil was the only player he targeted when literally all our players had a bad game. It's not as black and white as to say he was only right or wrong.

Anyways guy said he'd two foot tackle Rosicky for showing off a bit of skill. He's a ****
    Completely agree with the first bit no one is denying Ozil was poor but that Neville always singles him out for criticism.

Hate to break it to you but it was his bro Philly that said that on motd, they're both ***** to be fair, probably from a broken home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Completely agree with the first bit no one is denying Ozil was poor but that Neville always singles him out for criticism.

Hate to break it to you but it was his bro Philly that said that on motd, they're both ***** to be fair, probably from a broken home...
    Fair enough then haha I get the names confused.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike Phil a lot more than Gary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I dislike Phil a lot more than Gary.

Phil looks like a proper ****. Gary has good punditry though, not so good as a commentator imo

ReputationRep:
    At least with Gary whilst he has something against Ozil and a clear United bias, when he commentates on other games he's one of the best pundits around

Plus he was actually a good footballer too, Phil is kind of average on both fronts.

Woken up oddly optimistic, not saying we'll turn it around but so long as ox and Walcott start and we play a sensible central midfield (I.e. not one cdm and two cams) I can see us at least putting up a fight, expecting written apologies from Welbeck and Giroud though, those open goal misses were embarrassing

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.