Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many marks can you drop and still get 100 ums???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lad lol)
    Wtf swear it was the kid who wore lucky socks was more likely to conform?? And that was zach?
    Zach had external locus of control so he was more likely to conform, Kieran had internal locus of control so he is more likely to resist pressures to conform

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rik21)
    x
    ok so thats kinda offensive to people who work really hard to achieve good grades for the subject? You don't gain anything out of putting other people and their efforts down so please stop. Some people find the subject really hard and rightly so as it depends on your abilities. It's not a 'fake subject' and my other subjects are considered 'hard subjects', it just depends on your ability doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rik21)
    x
    Guessing you're expecting full marks then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many marks can you drop and still get 100 ums???
    it depends on the grade boundaries, they'll put them up a week before results are out if I'm not mistaken, maybe a couple of days before

ReputationRep:
    For the question on Janet, about having a new project, planning her daughter's wedding, and planning her family holiday, and why she was feeling stressed..was the answer due to life events, and then Holmes and Rahe study?

ReputationRep:
    will i lose any marks if i stated the wrong name for the researcher?? i heard they don't mark negatively right?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if any marks can be given if you wrote points in your essay plan? :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniemp)
    For the question on Janet, about having a new project, planning her daughter's wedding, and planning her family holiday, and why she was feeling stressed..was the answer due to life events, and then Holmes and Rahe study?
    Nah I thought it was to do with workload of control so Johansson or marmot study

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is right as they might get ttraumatised or somethinf to something they didn't agree to
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    This was hardest question imo.
    I wasn't sure and said lack of control (backed up by marmot) and The General adaptation model by hans Selye coz of increased arousal levels but I'm honestly not sure

ReputationRep:
    Overall, this paper was actually good. Enjoyed both papers

ReputationRep:
    oh no I did workplace stress I think you may be right!
    i have made so many stupid mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    This was hardest question imo.
    I wasn't sure and said lack of control (backed up by marmot) and The General adaptation model by hans Selye coz of increased arousal levels but I'm honestly not sure
    Yeah, same, was really confusing. Didn't know what they were asking for. Do you think i would get credit for writing about life events?

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few people in my year missed the first question :p:S
    I thought the 3 markers on informational and normative were a bit stretched :/
    I wrote zach was more likely to conform and that janet was stressed due to workload?? I also wrote about systematic desensitisation instead of sit XD
    Generally I feel like the paper focused on the very particular aspects of each unit which was really annoying.

I thought the first paper was easier and this one was to try get people to flop to make it even? I hope they don't do that for the Nazi History paper on Wednesday D:

ReputationRep:
    No, you should have reffered to research about workplace stress, so karasek's job-strain model and marmot et al supporting this. She lacked control in her job and it was also high demand = high strain job and very stressful. You could also use papers like Johansson too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyjonesx)
    Me too. I found all the studies I'd revised really hard to apply to these questions. >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyjonesx)
    No, i think your right actually haha. It was talking about control and things and workplace, so not really life events.

ReputationRep:
    I recon it will be like 48-50 for an A fingers crossed !!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same, was really confusing. Didn't know what they were asking for. Do you think i would get credit for writing about life events?
    Yes because of the wedding I was gonna say that but couldn't structure IT in my head properly in exam lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.