Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danniep22)
    Hi guys,

Has anyone applied for the pgdip at Sheffield Hallam?

I had my interview today - but wondered if anyone could help me with placement details. I am commuting from Derby and wanted to know how placement works/ if we have any say in where we go or if I could go somewhere local to me.

If anyone could help would appreciate it!

Thanks
    I have, do you think your interview went well? I don't know 100% but I think it works out as you do placements in sheffield for 1 year and then you can choose to have placements in either barnsley,doncaster, rotherham or worksop for the other year and you can have it either way around, but we get given a random placement in our chosen area 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi. If anyone is applying for Northumbria there is a dedicated thread here... if anyone wants to chat, get to know each other and such! cheers :yes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3746569
    Northumbria Uni Nursing Applicants for 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveholb)
    I have, do you think your interview went well? I don't know 100% but I think it works out as you do placements in sheffield for 1 year and then you can choose to have placements in either barnsley,doncaster, rotherham or worksop for the other year and you can have it either way around, but we get given a random placement in our chosen area 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah It did go well thanks - they were so lovely fingers crossed we get a place because I'd really like to go there!

How did yours go? What was your undergraduate degree in? (So many questions haha!)

And if we get to choose our area that's not too bad - I do drive so just need petrol money! Haha I'm excited about the future!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danniep22)
    Yeah It did go well thanks - they were so lovely fingers crossed we get a place because I'd really like to go there!

How did yours go? What was your undergraduate degree in? (So many questions haha!)

And if we get to choose our area that's not too bad - I do drive so just need petrol money! Haha I'm excited about the future!
    Mine seemed to have gone well, it didn't take too long either. Haha, I did mine in Computer Games design 😳 so quite a change! If all goes well maybe see you in september as I'd really like to go to sheffield!
    What did you do yours in and how did you bridge making go? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. Has anybody had an interview at Coventry University for the Adult Nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go to the Swansea interview on Friday at 1pm? Met some really nice people in my group!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I went to King's on the 10th but I was unsuccessful 😞

ReputationRep:
    Hi all I just joined. I have applied for 5 uni's and all 5 have invited me for test. But I have already failed 2 due to my maths no been very good. I have done lost of revisions but it's hard cause I've been out of education for quite some years. So south bank and King's declined me. Waiting on interview results from Middlesex. Been to test in Greenwich and got one more test for Anglia Ruskin. Anyone else struggling with these test out here??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveholb)
    Mine seemed to have gone well, it didn't take too long either. Haha, I did mine in Computer Games design 😳 so quite a change! If all goes well maybe see you in september as I'd really like to go to sheffield!
    What did you do yours in and how did you bridge making go? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did mine in law so again it's a big change! Have worked as a HCA for the past three years and have wanted to progress to become a nurse- so this seems like the perfect course!

Yeah hopefully! Good luck with your application - you'll have to let me know when you hear back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RascalRach)
    Hello everyone! I've been following this thread, it's very interesting! Although I have not posted much. However, today I received an invite for an interview for Adult nursing at Northumbria uni on 7th March! I am so pleased and grateful! Anybody else got an interview on that date? Also if anyone has got any tips for on the day I would be very grateful Thanks everyone! X
    I had my Northumbria interview on 1st Feb! It's very relaxed - no maths test (added bonus). I was interviewed by 2 people, who were very lovely, but the interview itself is strange because you only get asked one question. Everyone is really nice and friendly there! Good luck - let me know how it goes x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ettaxo)
    That's awesome! Thank you so much, congratulations to you too! Yeah it's definitely my firm, how about you?
    No problem, it's very exciting isn't it! 😃I'm actually not sure, my firm choice will be between kings or the university of Leeds. I'm not sure whether I want to leave home yet. 😥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesslew1)
    Hi everyone
    I have firmed Leeds for adult nursing with Manchester for my insurance,, now the really hard work begins getting the grades!!
    Has anyone started looking at accommodation? Is there a designated thread for Leeds 2016 adult nursing or face book page
    Thanks
    hope to speak to you all
    Jess
    Congrats on your offers!! I'm no help regarding your accommodation questions sorry, but i was wondering how you found your interview at Manchester?i have an interview for children's on Wednesday, soo nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megastar123)
    Hi I went to King's on the 10th but I was unsuccessful 😞
    I'm really sorry to hear this 😔 *hugs* I wasn't sure what to make of the KCL test (had mine the day before you) and thought I did ok - but came out second guessing myself with it 😓 I'm sure you'll get an offer from your others and you did well to get an interview for KCL! Are you using the website King's gave you to revise or bite size? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannesylvester)
    No problem, it's very exciting isn't it! 😃I'm actually not sure, my firm choice will be between kings or the university of Leeds. I'm not sure whether I want to leave home yet. 😥
    Do you live in London?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was using snap NHS. But the questions where just written differently.
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    I'm really sorry to hear this 😔 *hugs* I wasn't sure what to make of the KCL test (had mine the day before you) and thought I did ok - but came out second guessing myself with it 😓 I'm sure you'll get an offer from your others and you did well to get an interview for KCL! Are you using the website King's gave you to revise or bite size? X

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else received a place from Chester for child nursing? I had my interview last Wednesday and they offered me a place on the Friday! It would be nice to get to know other people on the course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I have an interview with Coventry University for Children's Nursing on Wednesday and I'm suuuuper nervous. Any words of advice & what sort of questions to expect would be well helpful! I also have a BCU one in March so, again, any sort of comment of what questions I should expect to be asked would be extremely helpful

S xo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who had there tests at DMU on the 4th Feb heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycrazy)
    Has anyone who had there tests at DMU on the 4th Feb heard back yet?

I went in for the test on the 4th Feb as well and I haven't heard back yet. Do you know the passing criteria for both maths and English test?

ReputationRep:
    hi all, does anyone have advice on what questions to ask in an interview, I have an interview on Wednesday in Manchester for children's. other than asking about the number of applications or if i'm able to use facilities outside of class time as i don't want to look like i don't care but i think most questions will be cleared up, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.