Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Littleone2000)
    Strange question: is anyone planning to use highlighters during exams?
    Definitely for my English exams but probably not for any others - I will have them in my pencil case though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Definitely for my English exams but probably not for any others - I will have them in my pencil case though
    I'm going to use it for French reading. To pick out the key words and bits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to use it for my French reading exam. To pick out the key words.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    I'm going to use it for my French reading exam. To pick out the key words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's my first exam, the reason I ask is that many teachers believe we aren't allowed them (although really they don't have a clue) but invigilators never bat an eyelid (because they don't know unless it says on the front of the paper), however when the paper is scanned and sent to the examiners, although you wouldn't be penalised if you weren't meant to use them I'm concerned they may me more inclined to mark harshly...
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I will definitely for English as the texts are separate to the paper anyway so they don't get sent off, but what about other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    That's my first exam, the reason I ask is that many teachers believe we aren't allowed them (although really they don't have a clue) but invigilators never bat an eyelid (because they don't know unless it says on the front of the paper), however when the paper is scanned and sent to the examiners, although you wouldn't be penalised if you weren't meant to use them I'm concerned they may me more inclined to mark harshly...

I will definitely for English as the texts are separate to the paper anyway so they don't get sent off, but what about other subjects?
    I'll just underline then. We've always been told to use high lighters or underline key word whenever we do past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing OCR French. I've been using GCSE pod and all the past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wish you all the best for your exam.

ReputationRep:
    Only for English Language because for the others they scan it apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Wish you all the best for your exam.
    Thanks. It means a lot. French is the only one I'm stressing about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ;P.png
Views: 113
Size:  238.0 KB
    Could someone help me out with this question
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ;P.png
Views: 113
Size:  238.0 KB
    Could someone help me out with this question
    Thanks
    Our teacher gave us a paper that had only questions that the majority of the population got wrong and this came up. I didn't know how to figure the percentage unsaturation either but we looked at the mark scheme and it said that unsaturation was 67% so therefore it is 33% saturated fat. This is why it didn't show it was 30% saturated fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's a person who I thought I'd be having a healthy competition with but they literally talk behind my back about me when anything happens such as scores etc.
    The kind of attitude that really annoys me but eh it's motivation to do even better

ReputationRep:
    I plan to use it for English to see the most important bits. I'm planning to use it for health and social care to highlight the scenarios but I don't know if I'm allowed.

ReputationRep:
    Update 14/06/2016
    Been super productive today. Guess it's because exams start in MONDAY!

Revised RE most of the day as it is my first exam. Looked at the topics
    -Wealth and Poverty
    -Medical Ethics
    -War, Peace and human rights.
    Did a bunch of past paper questions on them and looked at all my weaknesses. Asked my family to listen to me as if it was a story(helps me remember things more!).

Also did 2 listening French past papers - both of which I achieved A*s. Finally!

I also revised Data handling, Use of maths by revising the data section in maths and watching bunch of videos on it as well as learning the definitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srmed)
    Our teacher gave us a paper that had only questions that the majority of the population got wrong and this came up. I didn't know how to figure the percentage unsaturation either but we looked at the mark scheme and it said that unsaturation was 67% so therefore it is 33% saturated fat. This is why it didn't show it was 30% saturated fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know same i didn't know how to find the percentage, but thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Update 14/06/2016

-Wealth and Poverty
    -Medical Ethics
    Did a bunch of past paper questions on them and looked at all my weaknesses. Asked my family to listen to me as if it was a story(helps me remember things more!).

Also did 2 listening French past papers - both of which I achieved A*s. Finally!

I also revised Data handling, Use of maths by revising the data section in maths and watching bunch of videos on it as well as learning the definitions.
    Well done!! You've been so productive and i wish you all the best for your exam on Monday You'll ace it

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 14/05/16
    Today has been productive mainly because my first exam is on Tuesday - less than 3 days.
    I concentrated more on C1 today because i felt a little unprepared. The past papers are each 45 mins so i didn't take long

1. C1 past paper - A
    2. Maths past paper
    3. C1 past paper - A*
    4. C1 - Vegetable oil, polymers,Crude oil,Metals,Atoms,Limestone, Earth (Notes ) - Review
    5. C1 past paper - A*
    6. C1 past paper - A*
    7. C1 past paper - A*
    8. English Lit - Quotes omam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    There's a person who I thought I'd be having a healthy competition with but they literally talk behind my back about me when anything happens such as scores etc.
    The kind of attitude that really annoys me but eh it's motivation to do even better
    I hate people like that My cousin does that too and she gets ever so jealous - but like you said it's motivation

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. It means a lot. French is the only one I'm stressing about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster

It is my understanding that you can use highlighters in any exam and do whatever you like to the exam paper as long as nothing is done to barcodes and your answer is written within the lines and in black ink

(Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    That annoys me too!! It's great though, that you can take it and use it to your advantange - there is nothing to stop you still using them as competition

(Original post by sahra30013)
    Update 14/06/2016

-Wealth and Poverty
    -Medical Ethics

Wow this is fantastic - I really hope it goes well for you tomorrow

UPDATE 14/05/16
    Today has been productive mainly because my first exam is on Tuesday - less than 3 days.
    I concentrated more on C1 today because i felt a little unprepared. The past papers are each 45 mins so i didn't take long

1. C1 past paper - A
    2. Maths past paper
    3. C1 past paper - A*
    4. C1 - Vegetable oil, polymers,Crude oil,Metals,Atoms,Limestone, Earth (Notes ) - Review
    5. C1 past paper - A*
    6. C1 past paper - A*
    7. C1 past paper - A*
    8. English Lit - Quotes omam
    That's a lot of past papers!! I'm impressed - keep it up
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE FOR 14/05/16
    Went into depth again on subjects I'm focusing on:
    • 77 German
    • 10 ICT
    • B3 cards
    • English Lit AIC, OMAM and Heroes
    • ICT revision

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.